Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

what to do with sealed Max Payne and Silent Hill 2 (xbox)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-02, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I have both games new and still sealed that I picked up several months ago (too many more appealing pc games out that have kept my attention...) but have not opened or played. Now I'm not sure what to do with them.

With Max Payne I sort of figured I could pick it up for PC for $20 and use this sealed one as trade material. Have a plenty nice rig with r8500 to enjoy the game on. What would you do?

Silent Hill 2.... Is it worth playing? I played through RE:CV once. Well half way through it I suppose. I finished with "her" and started a few saves with "Him" (Chris I think...). It was alright. Though I must say I enjoyed Halo more Just didn't really care for the game style of walk, load next screen, walk, load next screen. Same reason I'm getting rid of Genma Onimusha. Played it for about 4 hours but can't take it anymore. In spite of the great strory line I just can't handle it LOL Plus there are no mid level saves grrr. Anyway, if it were you, what would you do?

1. Trade em sealed
2. Open them and play them then trade them
3. something else?
Old 10-21-02, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Take them to Wal-Mart and get whatever you want (TimeSplitters2?)
Old 10-21-02, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Trade them on here in the other forum. (Video Game Exchange)

Swapping them at Walmart is not a good idea.
Old 10-21-02, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

/me is in Israel and we're fresh out of Wal-Marts

though I am a Gold Trader here (or one away I think....) So trade sealed or open them and give them a go? With Max Payne I can get it for like $20 new for PC.... Of course talking trade value, sealed and/or mint is probably pretty close when it comes to exchange forum... hmmmm.
Old 10-21-02, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Trade.
Max Payne is an awesome game, but I'd rather have it on PC.
Silent Hill 2 is a good game, but not near the greatness of SH1. I bought it for PS2 months ago, and still have never played it(played through it on Xbox though). Just haven't felt like going through it all again....
Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X was a big disappointment for me. I'm an RE freak, and I bought the game months before I had a PS2, and just stared at it on my shelf. It pissed me off, because I played all the way through the game until I rescued Claire and fought(as Chris) in the replica mansion hall. Unfortunately, I had swapped all guns to Claire earlier, so all I have on that save is the handgun and 17 bullets. My other save is early in the game, but still AFTER I left the damn fire extinguisher behind, leaving me without the magnum unless I play through the entire game again. I want to play through the game again, but it was such a PITA, and I won't go into how much I hate those Bandersnatches......
Overall, I consider C:V X the worst of the RE series. Gun Survivor would be given that honor, but that game is so horrid, I don't even count it as an RE game, even though it ties into the story with the memo from Leon....bah.

whoops, got a bit off topic there
Old 10-21-02, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Silent Hill 2 is a good rental at best. I didn't think it was nearly as disturbing and, well, 'nigthmarish' as the original was, and it still has the same bad controls and gameplay from the original. Still, it's not a bad horror experience, and I rather enjoyed it on the Xbox.