Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Sopranos 10/21/02 - "Everybody Hurts"

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-02, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Sopranos 10/21/02 - "Everybody Hurts"

Finally, this episode "felt" like a classic Sopranos episode. I liked it much more than most of the previous episodes this season.

Poor Arty.

Poor Gloria.

Poor Jean-Phillipe.

Poor AJ.
Old 10-20-02, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great episode. Steve Buscemi directed it, right? I think the momentum carries on to the next one as well based on the preview.
Old 10-20-02, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Damn it Patman! You beat me by a few seconds! Oh well - close this one then: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=244820

No, wait, you got the date wrong! No thread for you!
Old 10-20-02, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great episode.

I wish that Gloria wouldn't had
Spoiler:
commited suicide

But there is so much going on this season that is going to blow up in the end.

The Melfi scenes were excellent...glad to see them back.

Artie is an idiot.
AJ...the humanitarian...WTF?
Old 10-20-02, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, sorry about getting the date wrong, hoping a mod will change it for me.

Oh,

Poor AJ's boner.
Old 10-20-02, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Poor AJ's boner.
Alright - was it just me or was AJ leaning over and holding his arm down to conceal [cough]something[/cough] when getting up right after the makeout session with the hottie?

Anyway - here are my thoughts from that other thread (which I'm deleting right now):

Now THAT was an episode!!

That's my Sopranos of old, that's the Sopranos I've been missing for most of the season.

That's an episode that you can't take your eyes off, and no matter what's going on, whether it's heartbreaking (suicide material / everything involving Artie), hilarious (A.J.'s pitiful attempts to use his father to seem cool... and get that hottie which just get all shot back down on him), or the powerful (Tony's dilema with Artie at the end, and talking to Dr. Melfie), or the just plain cool (Furio showing up at Jean-Phillipe's door, etc...), everything just worked beautifully. Just beautifully!

Top 5 episode for me, and although I haven't really disliked any of them this season, this is the first to stand out as excellent television to me.

I think it all boils down to the relative lack of screen time for Janice
Old 10-20-02, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

AJ was definitely in the "hide the boner from mom" mode.
Old 10-20-02, 09:20 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I agree...this was a great episode!

Although Christopher didn't have a lot of screen time, he did manage to get some good lines in, when Tony tells him he wants him to lead the Family into the 21st century, Chris responds, "It already is the 21st century, T."

This was my second favorite episode this season (behind The Weight).
Old 10-20-02, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Very good episode, but not quite great.

Furio showing up at Jean-Phillipe's door at the end was classic though.

I hope the "build-up" portion of the season is about done...I'm ready for the sh*t to hit the fan... My predictions...Syl and Adriana (and possibly Paulie) do not survive to see Season 5.
Old 10-20-02, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Artie talking to himself in the mirror was classic, I couldn't stop laughing.
Old 10-20-02, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is possible spoilers about who survives this season:
Spoiler:
Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Robert Iler, who play Soprano spawn Meadow and A.J., respectively, and Tony Sirico (aka Paulie Walnuts) and Drea de Matteo (aka Adriana LaCerva), are each seeking to raise their respective rates to $100,000 an episode, the Hollywood Reporter says. This is from eonline.com so it doesn't look like Paulie or Adrianna are dying this season.
Old 10-20-02, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Definitely a winner - loved Tony's little dream sequence, with the not-too-subtle ceiling starting to fall in on him..... I think that's the biggest clue we had as to future episodes.
Old 10-20-02, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can someone please kill Janice!!!! That fat bytch is the most annoying character in the whole series, next to Christopher's girlfriend.
Old 10-20-02, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Blaster1
This is possible spoilers about who survives this season:
Spoiler:
Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Robert Iler, who play Soprano spawn Meadow and A.J., respectively, and Tony Sirico (aka Paulie Walnuts) and Drea de Matteo (aka Adriana LaCerva), are each seeking to raise their respective rates to $100,000 an episode, the Hollywood Reporter says. This is from eonline.com so it doesn't look like Paulie or Adrianna are dying this season.
Spoiler:
Hell, for what the cast of Friends gets paid per episode, I'd say HBO is getting a bargain for the money these guys are demanding.

On another note, did anyone else think initally that Artie was gonna kill Jean-Pierre? When he went to Jean-Pierre's apartment, I thought, "Damn, here's where Artie gets drawn into 'the life' with everyone else." I would have loved to have heard Artie's call to Tony if he had killed him..."Um, Tony, I've got a bit of a problem here..."
Old 10-20-02, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
The Furio scene at the end was brilliant. It lasted all of ten seconds, and I spent the next ten minutes imagining how he beat the holy living crap out of that frog.
Old 10-20-02, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Next week will Adrianna tell Chris about the FBI or that she can't have a kid?
Old 10-20-02, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Gdrlv
On another note, did anyone else think initally that Artie was gonna kill Jean-Pierre? When he went to Jean-Pierre's apartment, I thought, "Damn, here's where Artie gets drawn into 'the life' with everyone else." I would have loved to have heard Artie's call to Tony if he had killed him..."Um, Tony, I've got a bit of a problem here..."
On one note - damn... I must remember never to quote someone with a spoiler in their message! I barely stopped myself from accidentally reading it!

As for the scene in question, that's what was so great about it! It seemed like every second I kept imaging something new that Artie could do. The thought definitely crossed my mind that he could kill Jean-Pierre, and also that the opposite could've happened. I imagined him threating JP with the Sopranos name, and then again, although I knew it to be a longshot, I knew there was a chance for him to actually get some of the money from JP. You just didn't know... man, such a great show!

And the parallels between Tony / Chris and Don Corleone / Michael seem to be growing in each episode... just thinking out loud
Old 10-21-02, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On another note, did anyone else think initally that Artie was gonna kill Jean-Pierre? When he went to Jean-Pierre's apartment, I thought, "Damn, here's where Artie gets drawn into 'the life' with everyone else."
Not me... I saw this coming a MILE away after the mirror scene. Artie really didn't think anything through on this subject. He really expected to get a reaction out of his tough guy routine and never considered he would have to resort to violence to get the money. Had he considered that he'd been professionally "taken" for 50G's he might have expected the tail (and ear) whooping.

Very cool how Tony turns on a dime in the hospital and gives Artie the mugging story so that none of them loose face. A $50K restaurant tab? Trying to get free meals? OH ARTIE - you dumb F*CK!!!!

Last edited by rfduncan; 10-21-02 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-21-02, 10:15 AM
Banned

This was definately the best episode of this season, and it looks like we are finally heading in the right direction. I desperately needed a good show last night, I was about to right the whole season off. They should just make Steve Buschimi (sp?) the full time director. The Tony dream-sequences, the old flame offing herself, A.J. after the hottie with $$$, artie about to loose his life, frogs getting beaten !!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, if only the baseball bats would re-appear ! I really wish we could have seen Furio go nutso on that frenchie !
Old 10-21-02, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Paulie's outta jail next week
Old 10-21-02, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I absolutely loved it when Furio showed up at that French guy's door.
Old 10-21-02, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No.

When he told Tony in the hospital that he (Tony) saw his getting beat up by the French dude before it actually happened....so did I.

I knew Artie was a little puss...and would have gotten killed by that French dude if he wasn't careful. Artie has always been a puss...and probably always will be.

Remember the "Chirstopher" episode. When the Columbus day "strike" was going on and it got out of hand. Artie runs back to the car like a little bitch.

Last edited by conscience; 10-21-02 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-21-02, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Iron Chef
I absolutely loved it when Furio showed up at that French guy's door.
That was awesome. I said to myself..."Now. Let's get the job done."
Old 10-21-02, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by marty888
Definitely a winner - loved Tony's little dream sequence, with the not-too-subtle ceiling starting to fall in on him..... I think that's the biggest clue we had as to future episodes.
Actually
Spoiler:
that was part of the hanging references in the dream...her scarf being another obvious one. Remember, she hung herself from a chandelier, and it was the chandelier that was loose and the debris was falling down on him....that was the point of all that imho.
So not really forshadowing at all....but well done nonetheless.

All in all a great episode....I just love Furio! And all you whack junkies look like you'll get your jones satisfied next week judging by the preview...
Old 10-21-02, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Artie is a whiney little bitch. Always trying to talk tough (remember the molesting coach, he demanded that something be done and Tony put him in his place there also.) He annoys me, badly.

Dave
Originally posted by conscience
Artie runs back to the car like a little bitch.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.