Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gamecube Mario Sunshine Bundle should be out now

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-02, 11:36 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gamecube Mario Sunshine Bundle should be out now

http://planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=3545

For those interested it should be in stores any day now. The bundle includes the indigo GC, a controller, a mem 59 card and Mario Sunshine. The MSRP is $189.95.
Old 10-14-02, 11:37 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone think they will drop down to a $150 price to compete against the Xbox deal?
Old 10-14-02, 11:46 PM
Retired

I doubt it, the article I linked to cited an announcement by Nintendo dated today.

They'll likely just bank on the selling power of Mario against two relatively unknown games in JSF and Sega GT.

Plus MS and Nintendo are obviously targeting different audience with those pack in games.
Old 10-14-02, 11:50 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I doubt it, the article I linked to cited an announcement by Nintendo dated today.

They'll likely just bank on the selling power of Mario against two relatively unknown games in JSF and Sega GT.

Plus MS and Nintendo are obviously targeting different audience with those pack in games.
The Mario packin is obvious. For some reason I think an Animal Crossing packin would be even better for Nintendo. Everyone who'd buy the Nintendo would go and still get Mario, and they'd also experience how awesome Animal Crossing is (thus setting up huge sales for Animal Crossing 2). But I guess they are aiming for console market share and in that case, yeah the Mario packin is the best bet.

This will be an interesting Winter to watch though. I can't wait to see what PS2 has up their sleeve.
Old 10-14-02, 11:51 PM
Retired

I'd like to see a pack in with Metroid Prime, as I mentioned in the Metroid rebate rumor thread I just posted.

That would be a big seller.
Old 10-15-02, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was gonna pick theis up, but then found out its the small useless memory card. Instad I'm holding out for Platinum GC, and already got Mario used...so it all evens out
Old 10-15-02, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by discostu1337
I was gonna pick theis up, but then found out its the small useless memory card. Instad I'm holding out for Platinum GC, and already got Mario used...so it all evens out
I'm not going to defend Nintendo choice of memory cards, because it was stupid. However, the memory cards arn't useless. I have all my games on one 59. 8 games. Now, if you are a die hard sports fan or go through games like water, well then, it sucks, but not useless.
Old 10-15-02, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The memory cards should have been bigger, but its only a problem for Sports games. The 59 will hold many regular game saves. Its basically a free memory card considering the price of the bundle, so its worth it.
Old 10-15-02, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If they're smart they've stop making the 59's and are trying to get rid of the overstock. If they ever want game makers to start using the larger cards, they have to be the only ones available and in most peoples' possession.
Old 10-15-02, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i'm in.

i've waited this long to play FFX, MGS2, GT2, GTA3, TM:B, etc...won't kill me to wait a bit longer.

reads to me like $10 off mario and a free memory card.
Old 10-15-02, 04:47 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I unpacked 2 of them today at Game Crazy. There out.
Old 10-15-02, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by GizmoDVD
I unpacked 2 of them today at Game Crazy. There out.
Nice of you to email me and tell me you got the job
Old 10-15-02, 07:56 PM
Suspended

Zero, I didn't get it YET... I watched him unpack it, shoulda made that a little more clearer. The guy said I have the job, but he has to double-check with the other manager to make sure. Hopefully I'll start Thursday or Friday

Zero, Thank You
Old 10-15-02, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Zero, I didn't get it YET... I watched him unpack it, shoulda made that a little more clearer. The guy said I have the job, but he has to double-check with the other manager to make sure. Hopefully I'll start Thursday or Friday

Zero, Thank You
no prob. Hope you start soon so we can start a big discussion thread about our work place.
Old 10-16-02, 11:49 AM
Suspended

Hehe. Hopefully I start tomorrow or Friday. The guy that interviewed me is really cool, but I havn't met anyone else. I do know one of my friends will be working there, so it should be cool.
Old 10-17-02, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

so what's the best place to get this? are there any online $x off $150 coupons floating around?
Old 10-20-02, 11:37 AM
Retired

FYI, Target is giving out a free Mario Sunshine strategy guide with the purchase of this bundle.

That's the only store that had any specials advertised in this weeks flyers in the Washington Post, so I guess it's the best deal out there. The guide will come in handy if you want to try to get all 120 shines, as the blue coins are hidden pretty well.