Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PS2 back in my house again

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-02, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PS2 back in my house again

Last Thursday afternoon my son comes home from school and says that one of his friends wants to trade him a PS2, second controller, DVD remote and 5 games for for his 10 Dreamcast games. I told him to tell his friend that the only way that I'll let him do it is for his friend to let us try it out for a week and make sure it's ok.

The next day he comes home with it and we've been playing it (mostly played by my son) for the last 9 days and haven't had or found anything wrong with it. So I told him to go ahead and make the trade.

Today the trade was officially made, but my son decided not to trade him the DC games. Instead my son was able to trade him his worthless YU-GI-OH card collection. I busted out laughing and cannot believe that someone would trade a perfectly good PS2 and extras for those cards. I asked my son if any of those cards were worth any money (he's meticulous over the value of Pokemon and Baseball cards) and he said no.

The games that came with it were : FFX, GTA3, GT3, Devil May Cry and Medal of Honor Frontline.

I think I may never see a deal like that again.
Old 10-13-02, 09:53 PM
Mod Emeritus

If the kid's parents find out, the PS2 could be going back, since a minor can't legally enter a contract. Are you sure the other kid's parents were OK with it?
Old 10-13-02, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
yeah, let's see. You are a parent and you are knowingly allowing your child to rip off another kid. That's some parenting there. He's gaining valuable life experience from this.
Old 10-13-02, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

lol, thats cool but bad
Old 10-13-02, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is the kid's name Osama? Does his father work for the CIA? Perhaps this is an elaborate scheme to spy on (or destroy) your house?
Old 10-13-02, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No offense or anything, but that's pretty uncool. I thought they made sitcom episodes about this stuff so kids would learn not to make stupid trades.
Old 10-13-02, 11:00 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by jiggyblau
No offense or anything, but that's pretty uncool. I thought they made sitcom episodes about this stuff so kids would learn not to make stupid trades.
Well, I would guess the other kid has some problems, either socially or mentally. Nobody is this dumb. You (WOWZY) got a PS2 for free, but even for the DC games it was a screw job.
Old 10-14-02, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My Brother bought 40 used DC games for the price of a PS2,I wouldnt have passed it up but I dont have kids ether.
Old 10-14-02, 06:39 PM

I dont know what to think about this. On one hand, it's pretty funny and an awesome trade for your son. On the other hand it's kind of sad for that other kid to be taken like that. But they say, one man's trash, is another man's treasure, right? Perhaps the other kid got a xbox recently and just wanted to get rid of this ps2. Or perhaps the kid's parents told him he had to get rid of it because it was interferring with his school work. It could be a million things. Who knows...

Maybe it would be worth making a phone call to the other parents to just let them know what happen and offer to reverse the trade if they want. If they say "no", you win. If they say, "yes, can we have the ps2 back." no big deal and you earn extra karma points. I dont really agree with ppl jumping on you for letting your kid make this trade. He learning about supply and demand and how some ppl need to be informed when doing business. It's the same if you went to a swap meet and found a really valuable antique but only paid like 2 bucks for...

Anyways, let us know what you decide to do, ie. keep it or give it back.

xl
Old 10-14-02, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Well, I would guess the other kid has some problems, either socially or mentally. Nobody is this dumb.
That's a pretty nice "jumping to conclusions" mat you got there.

It's not like Wowzy encouraged his son to make the trade in this manner. Did his son deceive the other kid into thinking the cards were worth something?
Old 10-14-02, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Any comment I could make would probably become a personal attack. Give the PS2 back!
Old 10-14-02, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So then all those marbles I lost to other kids in elementary school I can go back and collect! Sweet! I've been dreaming about my dark creamy's and speckles for a while now. Now I think I hada couple steelies that I won from some other kids...perhaps I should give them back.

I say if it's OK with the kids as well as the parents involved, what's done is done. But check with the other kid's folks.
Old 10-14-02, 07:25 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Aghama
That's a pretty nice "jumping to conclusions" mat you got there.

It's not like Wowzy encouraged his son to make the trade in this manner. Did his son deceive the other kid into thinking the cards were worth something?
"It's a mat you jump to conclusions on!!!"

I had a few choice things to say like Dubya... but I'll leave at this: How old are we talking about here anyway?
Old 10-14-02, 07:26 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Liver&Onions
So then all those marbles I lost to other kids in elementary school I can go back and collect! Sweet! I've been dreaming about my dark creamy's and speckles for a while now. Now I think I hada couple steelies that I won from some other kids...perhaps I should give them back.

I say if it's OK with the kids as well as the parents involved, what's done is done. But check with the other kid's folks.
Yup. They paid for the damn thing, really it's not the kids to giveaway anyway.
Old 10-14-02, 07:54 PM

You and your son knowingly did this kid foul.

No offense, but I hope the great karma wheel comes around and crushes you. Simply because you CAN rip someone off does not mean you SHOULD. Plus the fact that you boast of the rip-off by posting it here sickens me. I can only hope the negative reactions to your behavior shame you into doing what you clearly know to be "the right thing".
Old 10-14-02, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You made your kid check with you before he made the trade, you should make sure that the other kid's parents know what happened and are okay that he made the trade.

How would you feel if the opposite had happened? Probably not very happy.

If you want to rip off an adult, go ahead. Don't rip off a kid. Karma will, and should, bite you in the ass tenfold.

This is really low.
Old 10-14-02, 09:17 PM

Guys get your lacy panties out of a wad.

For one thing they're kinda wealthy and the trade's not gonna bother them one bit. He's a spoiled brat and they buy him everything he wants when he wants it.

I was outside waiting on the NASCAR rain delay when his Dad brought him over to seal the deal. I actually found out from his Dad that they weren't trading for the DC games as I previously thought. I asked his Dad why he wanted to trade and he told me it was because his son plays his GC and GBA most of the time and didn't care about getting rid of it. His son is probably gonna get an Xbox for Christmas after I told his Dad about the Xbox deal that I thought was coming out tomorrow.

What is that teaching my son? It's teaching him to always maintain the upper hand in any business deal. Your kids come over to my house to trade games and they'll likely to leave with only a roll of toilet paper and be happy about it.

If his Dad didn't know about the trade and wanted it back I would have no problem making my son give it back. But in thi s case everyone is happy with the trade and that's all that matters.

I slept very well last night thank you!

Last edited by WOWZY; 10-14-02 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-14-02, 09:23 PM

You are a horrible person! bitch whine bitch whine bitch.

Congrats on the PS2 and games. FFX fo life.
Old 10-14-02, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by WOWZY
Guys get your lacy panties out of a wad.
BANNED

Your kids come over to my house to trade games and they'll likely to leave with only a roll of toilet paper and be happy about it.
Golden.
Old 10-14-02, 09:45 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Aghama
BANNED

Golden.
I found this picture of WOWZY and his son.

Old 10-14-02, 09:47 PM

Agama, I could care less if you think I should be banned. Everyone except a few ridiculed and criticized me and my son instead of asking questions about the deal first.

Everyone involved in the trade is happy, get over it!!
Old 10-14-02, 09:53 PM
Mod Emeritus

Agama, I could care less if you think I should be banned. Everyone except a few ridiculed and criticized me and my son instead of asking questions about the deal first.

Everyone involved in the trade is happy, get over it!!
I think your kid needs to grift some other kid's Sarcasm Detector.

Psssttt.. Aghama was like the only dude in this entire thread defending you....
Old 10-14-02, 10:01 PM

I don't consider the mention of the word "BANNED" supportive.
Old 10-14-02, 10:03 PM
Mod Emeritus

I don't consider the mention of the word "BANNED" supportive.

It's his special way of saying he likes you. Ehhh, seriously though, he didn't mean it in a serious manner, I just think he's not big on smileys to denote sarcasm like others. Although I'm going to quit speaking for The Man and let him speak for himself. Starting now. Yup. Right now. Go!
Old 10-14-02, 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
I found this picture of WOWZY and his son.

Wowzy has a ponytail?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.