Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

man show - 10/12

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-02, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last night's man show

Did anyone catch last nights The Man Show (the second one after southpark)? Maybe it was a rerun but it was the first time I saw it.

During their question and answer time they were talking to a guy and ended up asking his age because of whatever question he asked. He said 19....while holding a beer.

Kimmel asked him again and they guy finally caught on and said 21. I thought it was hilarious for some reason.
Old 10-13-02, 01:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dates really help on threads like these. Tonight's last night is different that last night three days later.
Old 10-13-02, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since all posts have the time and date recorded when the post is made, (in this case he posted 10-13-02 @ 12:29pm), logic would dictate he's talking about Saturday the 12th. Does that help?

Or, I could be wrong.
Old 10-13-02, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I caught the episode...I'm pretty sure it was a re-run.

I like it when they rig the little, chubby kid with a microphone and have him do all kinds of crazy stuff.

Old 10-14-02, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Whether it was a rerun or not, they're all going to be reruns pretty soon. They taped the last show a month or two ago. Jimmy Kimmel is doing a show on ABC to fill Politically Incorrect's time-slot. Adam Carolla said that Comedy Central tried to get him to keep doing the show without Jimmy, but he's not going to. I'm sure he's busy enough between Crank Yankers, Loveline and Burger King commercials.
Old 10-16-02, 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Roto
Whether it was a rerun or not, they're all going to be reruns pretty soon. They taped the last show a month or two ago. Jimmy Kimmel is doing a show on ABC to fill Politically Incorrect's time-slot. Adam Carolla said that Comedy Central tried to get him to keep doing the show without Jimmy, but he's not going to. I'm sure he's busy enough between Crank Yankers, Loveline and Burger King commercials.
Call me silly, but if I were him I'd drop Crank Yankers and keep The Man Show.
Old 10-16-02, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by icondude
Call me silly, but if I were him I'd drop Crank Yankers and keep The Man Show.

No kidding. I'll miss Jimmy Kimmel but I think they could find a suitable replacement for him. Plus a lot of the great stuff doesn't involve Jimmy - Wheel of Destiny, the Juggies, Man Show Boy, Charlton Heston's Penis, What Would Adam Do?, etc.
Old 10-16-02, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It would be easy to do the Man Show without Jimmy, but Jimmy and Adam are very close friends. So it probably would just feel weird for Adam to keep doing the show.

Adam pretty much owes his career to Jimmy. Jimmy had a radio show and IIRC he met Adam when he was giving boxing lessons.