Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Er 10/10/02

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-02, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Er 10/10/02

I loved it when Carter chewed out Weaver in the ER.

Carter's walk-out was pretty funny in bits, especially in how he had no idea what he was doing.

I wonder who'll get the axe among the 3 nurses (will it be any of the regular nurses? How about Yvette Freeman, the one that lost over 110 pounds over the summer)?

Glad to see Abby trying to stay on the wagon at the nightclub. Deb's living it up after being shook up as the hostage for the guy in search of pain killers.

Even though the situations should have been really tense, it seemed the writer wanted to keep the dialog more light, lively and funny/ironic.

Amazing how Romano can have all of 3 lines and get the biggest chuckles out of the episodes.

Could Weaver have less compassion for her employees?
Old 10-11-02, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm really glad Romano appeared in this episode, its 'saving grace'.

I found the walk out absurd, not that Weaver was right by any means but Carter could have put in the order for whatever and worked until it arrived, knowing it was on the way. Completely unrealistic anyway, as county hospitals have a ton of security guards and not one was to be found during 'the incident'.

Looking forward to seeing Carter axe the nurses: can't be a good guy all the time.
Old 10-11-02, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Re: Er 10/10/02

Originally posted by Patman
I wonder who'll get the axe among the 3 nurses (will it be any of the regular nurses? How about Yvette Freeman, the one that lost over 110 pounds over the summer)?
[A side note about Yvette -- If she's healthier, then i'm happy for her. But that looks really UNheathy.] But Do you really think it'll be someone we don't know? That wouldn't make much sense. Then again, this is ER.
Glad to see Abby trying to stay on the wagon at the nightclub.
Spoiler:
Not according to NBC.com's synopsis for next week she ain't...UNGALLANT DR. GALLANT CHAFES OVER FATE AND CARE OF PATIENTS -- Young Dr. Gallant (Sharif Atkins) gets worked up over the callous treatment afforded to an addled elderly patient (guest star Diane Delano) under his repeated care and confronts Dr. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) when he reports a suicidal Army Ranger (guest star David Barrera) -- whom Gallant promised to protect. Likewise, a protective Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle) is agitated when he discovers that girlfriend Abby (Maura Tierney) downed alcohol while out with her girlfriends. Elsewhere: Dr. Weaver (Laura Innes) just isn't herself as she makes repeated -- and embarrassing -- mistakes; Dr. Kovac (Goran Visnjic) dallies with the mother of a little girl (guest star Alexandra Kyle) facing kidney failure; and Dr. Corday (Alex Kingston) treats the wife of a senior citizen (guest star Willis Burks II) who's suffering from Alzheimer's.
Deb's living it up after being shook up as the hostage for the guy in search of pain killers.
Yawn. The way they write for Deb, Beecher shoulda pulled the trigger. Or wait...maybe Beecher should've pulled the trigger on Abby. THAT would've been better. A match up with Pratt? Ugh. [I hope they're not headed in the "I-have-conflict-with-my-family-since-i'm-dating-outside-my-race" direction. Been there, done that. Only last time it involved a newborn.]
Amazing how Romano can have all of 3 lines and get the biggest chuckles out of the episodes.
Romano -
Could Weaver have less compassion for her employees?
I don't think it was her. I think it was the "fiscal bottom line". Doesn't everything revolve around $$$? Anyways, I think this might be a factor contributing to some sort of possible breakdown for her. [We saw her crying for no reason last ep] With the brief 3 minute cameo from Romano, i'm beginning to think if Vince McMahon hasn't taken over the writing to this show. [Give your most popular character the least amount of screentime & push the bland ones.]
Old 10-11-02, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like Pratt and Gallant duke it out next week!

"This show ain't big enough for two token black guys."
Old 10-11-02, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is Weaver pregnant?

Too bad about Abby.
Old 10-11-02, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I bet Carter will break out the family checkbook
Old 10-11-02, 05:30 PM

Received 96 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: Re: Er 10/10/02

Originally posted by Rogue588
Anyways, I think this might be a factor contributing to some sort of possible breakdown for her. [We saw her crying for no reason last ep]
Major Weaver spoiler, something we'll find out ~Episode 7:

Spoiler:
She *is* pregnant. I'm assuming via artificial insemination. Why she's having the baby and not her younger, not-disabled girlfriend Sandy the Firefighter (yes, they are still together), I don't know.
Old 10-12-02, 12:32 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I need to quit reading the spoilers.

I was wondering why Carter didn't just dip into his savings for the metal detectors. He's not supposed to be funding the hospital, but at the same time it would've been a nice compromise between helping his patients and making sure he and the staff were taken care of.

Next episode is going to be great.
Spoiler:
Gallant lays the smack down on Pratt. *wham* "Don't call me Mikey!"
Old 10-12-02, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If Carter just buys the metal detectors with his own cash, it sets a bad precedent that he lets money do all the talking, and doesn't allow the staff express their anger at management for the situation at hand. The way he handled it allowed for everyone to take a stand against the shoddy treatment the management was giving to the employees in terms of security at the ER.
Old 10-12-02, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought Tom Everett Scott was coming in as cast to be a doctor...
Old 10-12-02, 09:02 PM

Abby just might be one of the nurses to get the axe. She is a senior nurse, plus, you had her brother trying to get her to go back to med school.

Whatever happens, they won't take her off the show, but it could put some dramatic tension in.
Old 10-13-02, 12:58 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You really think John is going to fire Abby just as he's starting a relationship with her?
Old 10-13-02, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by Static Cling
You really think John is going to fire Abby just as he's starting a relationship with her?
Since they are clearly going for the overdramatization factor, ER should go all out
Old 10-14-02, 07:03 AM

Beecher results to his criminal ways

Anyway, it's funny. I agree, that ER is just becoming sensationalistic. Wonder how it's going to affect its ratings?