Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

review wanted:woodstock 1969

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 10-11-02, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know this is consitered one of the best rock documentarys ever or something like that, but is the movie in full 235 the entire time, and how is the sound and is it possible to do an se in the future or is there no possiblity

thanks
Old 10-11-02, 02:20 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually have owned this one on DVD for about 3 years now. It is in glorious widescreen, and the video is not too shabby considering its age. As far as the audio, there is some surround usage, but as this is a music DVD, there is heavy use of the mains. I'm quite thrilled with it myself, being a huge fan of the music and the times. The value of the Woodstock movie is very high, IMHO, as it chronicles such an important time in our recent history. Just my two cents....
Old 10-11-02, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

is it in full widescreen for the entire movie or just for certin parts?
Old 10-11-02, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think the film was shot in various aspect ratio's.........

I've finnaly seen most of the film on encore which gasp actually aired a film in WS for a change...& the AR kept changing from 1:85 to 2:35,tons of slip screen useage & so on.

I saw this on tv a few years ago..was in P&S..or more likely center scan.It looked horrible.

For example one section interviewing Jerry Garcia when he first arrives.He talks about how surprised he is at how many people turned out & how it's just packed for what seems like miles down the highway.

Well is WS...the interview is in split screen.jerry on one side,with helicopter footage on the other of the crowd outside the gates & walking down the highway,just a sea of people.

I plan to get the dvd sometime,to see the whole thing finnaly in it's OAR.