Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Amazing Race - 10/16 (merged)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will be the last to arrive at the pit stop?
Derek & Drew (FF-2)
14.29%
Aaron & Arianne
0%
Heather & Eve
0%
Michael & Kathy
0%
Flo & Zach
0%
Ken & Gerard (FF-1)
14.29%
John Vito & Jill
0%
Andre & Damon
0%
Dennis & Andrew
0%
Teri & Ian
71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Amazing Race - 10/16 (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-02, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amazing Race (10/16)

Okay, I have posted the poll as to which team will be the last to arrive at the pit stop whether or not the pit stop is an elimination point. I am also noting which team has used a fast forward.

Please apply appropriate spoiler tags if necessary.

On the next Amazing Race:
Spoiler:
* Several Teams set out to hunt down and extinguish one specific Team.
* Pressure brings one couple to the boiling point.
* A set of Teams' worst fears are realized when they miss a crucial airplane connection, putting them in serious jeopardy.

My comment on number three: Reminds me of Series 2 when those two ladies decided to fly from Peru to New York to London to South Africa to last pace.

Last edited by Mark Holtz; 10-10-02 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-10-02, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a link to the CBS Amazing Race 3 webpage, for those of us who can't remember who is who, yet. And I picked Teri & Ian to lose next.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race3/

Chris
Old 10-10-02, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's probably going to be Andre and Damon out next week. I have nothing against them but they just seem so dumb.
Old 10-10-02, 03:31 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I voted Teri/Ian aka "Team Geezer."
Old 10-16-02, 10:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

The Amazing Race 3 - 10/16

SUCH a good episode. The first two were kind of lackluster, but this one totally made up for it.

At first I thought Team Zoolander were a pair of gibbering morons, but I'm starting to come around to them. It could have been clever editing, but it looks like they totally breezed through this leg of the race. Kept their position at the front of the pack, which was impressive, too. Seems like the four-way alliance is kind of ostracizing them, which isn't very cool. I mean, I know it's a race and all... but if you're going to hate a team (like, say, Tara and Wil), there should at least be a visible reason to hate them other than "they're pretty."

I wonder if the alliance holding up for each other ended up causing Zoolander to get more of a lead on them?

We need more Ken and Gerard. I'm convinced they're going to be bringing the funny a lot more once a few more teams get culled from the pack, and we can focus more on individual teams.

Ian, shut up. Stop griping at your wife. Stop moaning every five seconds about how you're probably last. Just shut up.
Old 10-17-02, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm watching the episode now. Airports and busses still are equalizers.
Old 10-17-02, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was also impressed with the twins holding their lead. That's tough to do, especially when you're stuck waiting 7 hours for a bus allowing everyone to catch up to you. I think the whole alliance thing was a stupid idea, and I hope Aaron and Arianne fall way behind because I'm so sick of them talking about the twins. It was funny at first, but now I'm starting to think Aaron just doesn't like them for no good reason. They just won't drop it. Maybe he hit on one of them and they rejected him

I'm definitely rooting for Ken and Gerard the rest of the way. I kinda figured they'd be the most entertaining since the first show, but the boat scene was the funniest thing I remember seeing on any season of this show. Hopefully they'll at least stay in the front pack and be around for most of the race.
Old 10-17-02, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There is still some deadwood to get rid of before the race really heats up. I think that Andre/Damon and Teri/Ian need to go before the race really gets interesting. Seems like they are destined to be the next two teams to leave, although Andre/Damon could surprise.
Old 10-17-02, 08:03 AM

I kind of felt bad for the twins since everybody was ganging up on them for no apparent reason other than the fact that they're really, really, ridiculously, good-looking. They didn't need my sympathy though, they just laughed it off and got to first place once again on their own merits.

I have a new nickname for Teri and Ian: Team Virginia Woolf. I kept wait for Ian to call Teri "Queen of the Harpies." I guess this is what happens when you try to save your marriage by going on a gameshow.

Much better than the first two episodes...very exciting stuff and the teams were spread out a bit more. I still want to see more team interaction.
Old 10-17-02, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another good show.

I too felt sorry for Team Doublemint. Everyone was against them for no reason.

Teri and Ian are a waste. They have to go next week.
I was sick of Ian after the 1st show. All he does is blame his wife.
Why didn't he do the Highland Games last night ?
I didn't understand that logic.

Andre/Damon are always at the end of the pack too.
They could be next to go.

They rest of the teams seem pretty even. It should make for an exciting race.
Old 10-17-02, 10:00 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Struz
Teri and Ian are a waste. They have to go next week.
I was sick of Ian after the 1st show. All he does is blame his wife.
Why didn't he do the Highland Games last night ?
I didn't understand that logic.
Well, to be fair, when they read the Roadblock clue, it just said that the person who did the Roadlock "should feel a bit gamey." We knew that they were going to be doing Highland Games stuff... they didn't. Should they have been able to infer what was going on from all the stuff around them? Maybe. But after being stressed from traveling so much, I'm not surprised their brains aren't firing on all cylinders.
Old 10-17-02, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This show is just pure TV heaven.

Ken and Gerard are too funny. They seem to be the team thats having the most fun so far.

How did the father/son team use a fast forward and still come in last? I don't think thats ever happened before. That tank drive had to be one of the coolest fast forwards ever though.

So far I'm rooting FOR Ken/Gerard and Team Zoolander. I'm rooting AGAINST Aaron/Arianne and John Vito/Hot Girl.

I'm also not a fan of Ian just because at the end of the show he yelled at the Scot "Beam me up Scotty!". Idiot.
Old 10-17-02, 10:13 AM

Another thing. That Scottish guy welcoming everybody to the castle sure looked haggard by the time Team Kentucky came rolling in. I was cracking up, but I don't blame him, as they were several hours behind everybody else. The fast forward didn't do them much good as they were already too far behind. I thought of a couple questions:

1. If you attempt a fast-forward and fail, do you lose your chance at the fast-forward? For example, if Team Kentucky didn't complete the tank obstacle course in the time allotted but still managed to place this week, would they be eligable for a fast-forward in the future?

2. Is the cash given the only thing they use for transportation, or is that seperate? I ask because it seems to me that 440 bucks is not enough to fly two people from Cancun to London.
Old 10-17-02, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Great show. The 1st half of the show should have just shown Ken & Gerard falling off their boat. But I'm rooting for them, especially with their talk about the pretty people in the lead. It should be pretty interesting to see what happens if the race ends up being a competition between only Ken & Gerard and Team Doublemint.

Yeah, I don't quite understand how the father & son team came in last after getting the fast forward. My reasoning was that they must have landed in London late since they did appear to have some trouble getting a flight in Mexico City.

Ian and Teri do need to go. And what's with that hat with the flap? I haven't seen one of those since a Wham video.

Groucho, I think that plane tickets are separate. And if they had failed the FF, they would get another chance to do it until they got it or just gave up.
Old 10-17-02, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

1. If you attempt a fast forward and fail, you do not lose access to it in the future. It can only be used once, but if you do not actually succeed, you can go for it again at some point in the future.

2. The only thing that the teams don't have to pay for is airfare.
Old 10-17-02, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Groucho in response to #2.

Plane tickets/Transportation is mostly seperate. I think they have to pay for cabs/rental cars with their money though.
Old 10-17-02, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The father and son were last because it took them so long to arrange the flights. They were so far behind at that point that a fast forward was futile. You could even tell by the darkness at the pit stop that they were a good amount behind the second last place team.
Old 10-17-02, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think they could've made it more suspenseful if they had made it clear that the team with the fast forward were so far behind that it may not have been enough for them to catch up. Once they got to the limo, I just assumed they were home free. It was pretty confusing what was taking so long for them to get to the finish because they didn't show them again until they finished. Teams just kept coming in and I'm just left thinking, "Where's the limo?"

It's too bad because they were an interesting team and they seemed to be having a good time. I can't stand teams that spend the whole time bickering and whining (legal sleazes)
Old 10-17-02, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

now that i think about it, the first hint that they were so far behind was the limo because if they were still in the race, i would think that they would have had to arrange their own transportation to the castle.
Old 10-17-02, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What's the deal with everyone hating the twins? After watching each show my wife and I can't figure it out. So, we now want them to win! I guess people are simply jealous of their looks.
Old 10-17-02, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's something I've been wondering about for a while -- is there some sort of rule that each team must read aloud a clue before taking off? Everyone seems to do it. I figure that they have to, since it's helpful for the TV audience.
Old 10-17-02, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I assume so because it seems like kind of a stupid thing to do.
Old 10-17-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I still think the Twins look like Weasels, Ferrets, some sort of beady-eyed rodent. I think the other teams dislike them because naturally they are a big threat because of their physical attributes, looks give you sway with strangers, and being athletic gives you a physical edge. So, naturally, that is what really feeds the animosity. For the teams it is funnier to make fun of them for being dumb, pretty, and privileged, but the truth is they probably just dont like them because they pose a big threat.

One thing that has always bugged me about the Amazing Race is the “solve the clues” business- There are no clues really. First of all, the destination packet tells you your destination, plain and simple- you just have to figure out how to get there. And the Roadblock clue is almost nil, since it is usually within visual range for the teams to see what they will be doing most of the time. If you are running along a pier near a dolphin sanctuary and theres the Roadblock box, I’d bet I’ll be swimming with dolphins... Oh look, there some canoes and jet skis lined up over there. Wonder what our roadblock will be?... Look some bikes and boats... Look, there a bunch of Scottish guys and a course mapped out.

I dont want Teri and Ian to go, because I do hate the guy. It makes it more interesting to have them around.
Old 10-17-02, 12:40 PM

Originally posted by tofu
Yeah, I don't quite understand how the father & son team came in last after getting the fast forward. My reasoning was that they must have landed in London late since they did appear to have some trouble getting a flight in Mexico City.
IIRC, they showed their flight arriving in London at around 9:45 a.m. a day later than everyone else's! The last bus had left for Scotland late the night before.

now that i think about it, the first hint that they were so far behind was the limo because if they were still in the race, i would think that they would have had to arrange their own transportation to the castle.
I think the limo ride was a perk of the Fast Forward, and not because they were so far behind. After all, the other teams didn't have to arrange their own transportation to Scotland, either. They were all on the chartered busses.
Old 10-17-02, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think I'll root for the brothers with the male-pattern baldness thing going on. They seem to be having the most fun. I can't stand any of the guy-girl couples.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.