FX will run 24: Season Two encores

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-02, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
FX will run 24: Season Two encores

From a recent article...

FX will run `24' season two encores

LOS ANGELES - FX network will be running encore telecasts of second season episodes of ``24'' this fall.

The shows will air on Fox's sister cable channel on Mondays at 11 p.m. ET and Tuesdays at 5 p.m. ET in the weeks following their network premiere. FX will air all 24 episodes of the second season, which debuts on Fox Oct. 29 at 9 p.m. ET.

`` `24' is an award-winning, universally acclaimed series that broke new creative boundaries and we are thrilled to be able to schedule these additional runs on FX,'' says Peter Liguori, president of FX.

``We want to give viewers every opportunity to see television's most critically acclaimed series,'' says Gary Newman, president of 20th Century Fox. ``Running `24' on FX will give audiences a chance to catch the episodes they may have missed and keep them on track for the original broadcasts on Fox.''

FX ran encore telecasts of ``24'' last season and aired a special Labor Day marathon in September, airing all 24 episodes of the first season, which reached 19.5 million viewers.

Season two of ``24'' will make their FX debut Nov. 4 at 11 p.m. ET.
Old 10-09-02, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
question about the last thing said, about the 19.5 million viewers. does that mean that 19.5 million people watched the marathon or are there 19.5 million people that currently have fx network
Old 10-09-02, 08:04 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
Glad to hear.
Old 10-10-02, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm with you Rypo...do they mean that 19.5 million, over the course of the 24 hours, watched the marathon? Or that 19.5 million viewers saw the repeats on FX PLUS the 24 hour marathon?
Old 10-10-02, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well IIRC, they actually were running encores at the beginning of last year but then after awhile they stopped.
Old 10-10-02, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I think, given this is for FX, it means it reached 19.5 million POTENTIAL viewers. That's usually the way cable numbers are figured.
Old 10-10-02, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by kevin75
well IIRC, they actually were running encores at the beginning of last year but then after awhile they stopped.
Yup, and since I had to work most tuesday nights, FX was the way I watched 24 for a very long time. Then all of a sudden I sat down one monday night, and it was gone!

Needless to say, I haven't seen those last episodes of the show yet. I definitely need to get the DVD though and check them out before season 2 begins.
Old 10-10-02, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm happy about that too. Right now I'm very into Smallville and don't plan to give that up. Not sure about Haunted yet. Still trying to make up my mind.