Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

THPS3, problem or not?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-02, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THPS3, problem or not?

I was playing the Los Angelos board of THPS3 on career mode tonight when I noticed what could be some sort of problem. The game played fine, but the soundtrack seemed to be fading from loud to soft to loud during the game. One minute it would be normal, then go quieter, then back to normal. So on and so force. I hadn't noticed the sound problem before, so when I did play previous boards my paranoia set in. I couldn't make an informed judgement. The game is being played on a new 2 month old PS2 with no previous problems. I tested a music cd which had no such fading, so I'm wondering if this is a feature of the game I had previously not noticed, or if something is screwed up with either the game or player. Any info/experience requested. Much thanks.
Old 10-08-02, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just the background music faded? Sound effects volume stayed constant?
Old 10-09-02, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As far as I could tell, the sound effects stayed just the same. The background music would go from normal to softer and so on while playing. This sound familiar at all to you Cornfed?
Old 10-09-02, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is it just the LA level. If I remember correctly there was some music coming from one of the cars in traffic. If you were closer to the car, the music was louder. Just an idea.
Old 10-10-02, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was having the same problem on the following Tokyo board as well. I went into the audio settings where I saw that my effects was 10, and my music was only 5. All I can guess is that the music faded when louder background effects like people, cars, etc were in the area. After adjusting the settings to 10 & 10 and jacking up the volume real high, I couldn't notice the change. I played both in career & free skate mode using the RHCP song (I knew how that one was supposed to sound) and there was no obvious fading. So I think the problem may be solved. I opted not to have the get the warranty with this one since I've never had any previous problems with other PS2's I've owned, so I'm a little paranoid I guess. Thanks for the help, the issue seems resolved.