Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Sly Cooper

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-02, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sly Cooper

I bought this game for ps2 about a week ago and think its fantastic. It's like a cartoony Metal Gear mixed with a platformer. Really great fun!
Old 10-06-02, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was just gonna post some sort of review on it I just got done beating it. The game is very short, but very fun. Took me 4 nights of about 90minutes of play to beat it. The time trials are damn near impossible, so I didnt bother. I did get everything else though. Excellent graphics, fast action, great story, great music. I'd definitely rent this game....8/10
Old 10-06-02, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man I wish I could play this sucker on my XBOX or GC! It looks really cool! Do you think there is any chance that it will be brought over to other consoles?
Old 10-06-02, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since it's published by Sony, I doubt it will be ported over.

I picked this one up last week. I give it a 7/10 but I'm not a huge fan of platform games. Great graphics and atmosphere.

Small feature that I like: when the game boots up, you don't have to watch a lot of credits. Hit start a couple of times to get to the main 'menu' (start new game or resume). From there you just hit start again to load your game.
Old 10-06-02, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

ya, the game has great menus and very little loading time at all....like never
Old 10-06-02, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I didn't even know it was published by Sony. Yea I guess that is a no for the port over.
Old 10-06-02, 08:39 PM
Retired

I'm very interested in the game, but I'll probably just rent it as several reviews I've read say it can be beat in about 8 hours.
Old 10-06-02, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I rented this tonight. It's a fun game. Reminds me of when I first tried Ape Escape. You look at the box and say "Oh man this is going to be lame" and the more you play it the more you like it.

One thing I like is the Cel Shading. It has that cartoonish look without looking too flat.

Old 10-07-02, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
This is one of the best 3-D platformers I've ever played (including Mario).
Old 10-08-02, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't played a platform game since Super Mario Bros on the NES. Well, OK maybe Sonic on the Sega Genesis; but I've always thought platformers were just twitchy excitement with lots of loud noise and bright primary colors to enhance kids' ritalin trips. Unfortunately I played the demo of Sly Cooper yesterday and had to go out and get it immediately.

This game rocks.

No, I am not a stealth marketer.
Old 10-08-02, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
What about the complaints that it's too short and too easy?
Old 10-08-02, 03:19 PM
Mod Emeritus

So is everyone starting to like cel-shading now? I thought most people hated that.
Old 10-08-02, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's easy to hate when you only see pics and see it in games that aren't good. But get a good game with good animation and I'm willing to bet Cel-shading will win over a lot more people. Can't wait for Zelda.....
Old 10-08-02, 04:28 PM
Mod Emeritus

I fell in love with it ever since JGR. It hads a certain cartoonish quirk to games that I love. The one cel-shading game I've seen so far that I thought looked ugly is Mega Man, only Mega Man is cel-shaded and he sticks out like a sore thumb. The only time I think that having certain characters cel shaded and the rest of the world not is if they did a game based on Who Shot Roger Rabbit or something like that.
Old 10-09-02, 12:00 AM
Retired

I dislike cel shading, but I don't let it affect my judgement of a game as I really don't care about graphics in general. If the game is fun to play, I'll get over the cel shaded graphics.

I mean, for example, I'd prefer the realistic space world Zelda, than the cel shaded version that's coming out, but as long as it plays like a Zelda game I'll enjoy it just the same.
Old 10-12-02, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
On the recommendations in this thread, I decided to ignore the "too short" complaints and buy this game. I'm very impressed. What a fun platformer. I like the way stelth is incorperated into the traditional elements of platform gameplay. It looks great (the cel shading is certainly different, but I think it looks cool) and the controls are spot-on. I've only just started, but it doesn't feel too easy for me. Those one-hit kills are really making my progress slow. Anyway, thaks for the suggestions; I was ready to pass on this game and now I'm glad I didn't

ps: Extended play gave it a perfect score in their review.
http://www.techtv.com/extendedplay/r...402112,00.html