Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Csi - 10/3

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-02, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Csi - 10/3

Another very good episode. We usually get to see the team at their best. This was rare opportunity to see them at their worst. Of course their worst was still enough to get the bad guy.
Old 10-04-02, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COMEDY LOSES CROWN: 'CSI' TOPS 'FRIENDS' IN THURSDAY NIGHT UPSET; CBS SHOW PULLS HIGHEST RATING IN OVERNIGHTS

CBS's CSI pulled the highest rating on Thursday, according to fresh NIELSEN overnight runs, dethroning FRIENDS as the evening's top catch!

MORE

The CBS victory came in the 2nd half hour of CSI when the net pulled a 19.6 rating; FRIENDS stalled at 19.4 an hour earlier. [CSI maxed in Philly with a 35 share].

CSI nearly put CBS [14.2/21] in the winner's circle for the night, to NBC's [15.6/23]. FOX finished 3rd for prime with pricey Babseball Playoffs [5.6 rating/8 share]; ABC, which had shown life early week, went back to the basement on Thursday [5.2/8].
Old 10-04-02, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This episode was pretty cool. I liked that they showed how related investigations are as to whether or not a trial will be able to stand. Really cool ep.
Old 10-04-02, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

CSI was again a nice solid/engaging show!

My feelings on last week's show was likely tainted slightly
by the "Over-the-Top" ER episode that followed it.

CSI is still great and I'm glad they didn't cannibalize any cast members to the spin-off.
Old 10-04-02, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote for the Night: "Beans and Franks"

Old 10-04-02, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rewatch the episode. The actor's lawyer was putting the screws on CSI, causing them to (inadvertantly) make mistakes, and then making them look bad. The best scenes was when each member exited the courtroom, saying they screwed up, then doing a flashback of the question that haunted them.

I'm getting worried about Grissom though. You have to be practically blind not to see that his losing of hearing is being accellerated, and it's going to be a plot thread as the season goes along.
Old 10-04-02, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Damn it Tivo! It recorded Without a Trace w/ CSI's information! ARRRRRG!
Old 10-04-02, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
possibly a spoiler about Grissom
Spoiler:
so he's going deaf and does a lot of lip reading (based on a few episodes)
so how does he talk on the phone? hope it's during his "good" times?
Old 10-05-02, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

was grissom's mentor appear in Season 1?
Old 10-05-02, 02:38 AM

Did anyone tape Survivor, CSI and Without a Trace this week? My Directv kept messing up because of the storms from the Hurricane. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks.

Clint
[email protected]
Old 10-05-02, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mikehunt
possibly a spoiler about Grissom
Spoiler:
so he's going deaf and does a lot of lip reading (based on a few episodes) so how does he talk on the phone? hope it's during his "good" times?
Actually, that is a good question, and I think a search on Google will bring up some extremely informative sites, compared to my speculative answer below:

Spoiler:
It is possible to have amplified phones or to have the phone volume cranked up to hear. As an example, my cell phone has a volume control for the speaker, and my Plantronics headset amplifier has a volume control for both the mic and headset volume.

It is also possible to lose hearing on certain frequencies, and female voices tend to operate on a higher frequency than male voices.
Old 10-05-02, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree it was a great episode. I would love to see more of the courtroom scenes that have been aluded to in previous shows, but not actually shown. Apparently, there is going to be more courtroom scenes this season.

I would also love to see this case when it goes to trial, but hopefully, it wouldn't be as ridiculous as the whole Paul Milander multi-episode arc. That, IMO, was CSI at its worse.