Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Sunday's Rams vs. Niners matchup...

mee2
10-03-02, 01:04 PM
I'm a Niner fan so naturally I'll be pulling for the red and gold. I'm kind of worried that he Rams, feeling as is they have their backs to the proverbial wall, will play as if they have nothing to lose. I know the Niners have a better team, but I think this Sunday's game will go to the team that takes the most chances, something that I think Mariucci is afraid to do.

He has what's probably the premier receiver in the league, a top QB and two of the best RBs, but still plays way to conservatively.

On a side note, the Niners should be over their stomach flu this week....

So, what do you Rams fans have to say about this week's game?

Red Dog
10-03-02, 01:07 PM
I don't think you'll find any Rams fans anymore. ;)

mee2
10-03-02, 01:12 PM
Ouch!

grrrah
10-03-02, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Red Dog
I don't think you'll find any Rams fans anymore. ;)
:lol:

all the ones around here switched channels and are watching Dawson's Creek.
rotfl rotfl rotfl

JCJF10
10-03-02, 03:53 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan that lives in L.A. ... I grew up hating the Rams.

I look at it this way.... The 49er.s have their stuff together while the Cowboys most certainly do not.

I'd say it's and easy W for the SF if they play their game and don't overlook this 0-4 team.

JCJF10
10-03-02, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by mee2
Ouch!

Double Ouch! :o

criptik28
10-03-02, 05:57 PM
While I couldn't possibly fathom the idea of the Rams starting the season 0-5 (though Kurt Warner is out now), I just don't think they'll be able to defeat the Niners at home. Who knows, Jaime Martin may have a breakout game, and will become the "next Kurt Warner"...but more likely, the Niners' defense will just suffocate him. Hopefully (as a Niners fan who will finally be watching a game at 3Com!!!) Garcia et al will get their act together and put the Rams in their place. :)

sexy_overlord
10-03-02, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by grrrah

all the ones around here switched channels and are watching Dawson's Creek.
rotfl rotfl rotfl

Sadly the outcome of Dawson's Creek is less predictable.

immortal_zeus
10-03-02, 06:22 PM
Granted, the Rams as a team suck this year. But you have to admit that they still have some offensive weapons. Personally, I think the 49ers have been way overrated the last few years because I think Jeff Garcia sucks.

I live in San Jose so I've watched every 49er game the past two years and I hate Garcia's mechanics. He has a subpar arm but has good scrambling ability. If not for Terrell Owens (who I've met, by the way :D) and his ability to get yards after the catch, Garcia would have some pretty crappy numbers.

The 49ers have a pretty crappy pass rush, but Andre Carter has been coming along nicely this season...he may have a big game against the Rams due to Orlando Pace being out and general inept play on the Rams' O-line.

Garcia doesn't play well against the Rams. He might not have the mental block that he's had in the past because he knows the Rams are playing like crap. Still, I think Garcia will struggle anyway and I predict a win for the Rams...and I also think the Rams will win the NFC West.

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/rome.gif

mee2
10-03-02, 07:08 PM
and I also think the Rams will win the NFC West.

And here i was thinking this was a serious post.....

zak52
10-03-02, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by JCJF10

I look at it this way.... The 49er.s have their stuff together
I'd say it's and easy W for the SF if they play their game and don't overlook this 0-4 team.
I don't think the 49ers have their stuff together. They haven't looked all that impressive. As far as the game this has become a good rivarly again so I wouldn't think the 49ers will have an easy time at all. But I could be wrong.

John Sy
10-03-02, 09:21 PM
The Niners are taking this game. Despite what immortal_zeus says. Anyone who says Jeff Garcia sucks can't possibly be taken seriously.

Boot
10-03-02, 09:24 PM
Well, at least the Rams won't go 0-17. :lol:

immortal_zeus
10-03-02, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by John Sy
The Niners are taking this game. Despite what immortal_zeus says. Anyone who says Jeff Garcia sucks can't possibly be taken seriously.

Yeah, because opinions can never be taken seriously.

:rolleyes:

Boot
10-03-02, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Yeah, because opinions can never be taken seriously.

:rolleyes:

Get yourself and your crappy ass opinions over to the island, damnit.

McHawkson
I'll watch it and laughing at Rams. :D

McHawkson
Originally posted by Boot

The Cow
10-03-02, 10:33 PM
Can't belive no-one has declared "shenanigans" yet! -wink-

Frank TJ Mackey
10-03-02, 11:02 PM
my pick is the Rams win 6-3 in a thriller

Gallant Pig
10-03-02, 11:11 PM
Niners by 14, St. Louis continues to stink it up and gets blown out.

Iron Chef
10-03-02, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Boot

rotfl rotfl

mee2
10-03-02, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Iron Chef
rotfl rotfl

Didn't someone predict that the Rams wouldn't go 0-4 before last Sunday's game?

McHawkson
10-03-02, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by mee2
Didn't someone predict that the Rams wouldn't go 0-4 before last Sunday's game?

Yeah, Y2KFalcon did that. Look at Boot's signature. :lol:

GMLSKIS
10-03-02, 11:50 PM
Niners 24-10

Myster X
10-04-02, 02:10 AM
Granted, the Rams as a team suck this year. But you have to admit that they still have some offensive weapons. Personally, I think the 49ers have been way overrated the last few years because I think Jeff Garcia sucks.

I live in San Jose so I've watched every 49er game the past two years and I hate Garcia's mechanics. He has a subpar arm but has good scrambling ability. If not for Terrell Owens (who I've met, by the way :D) and his ability to get yards after the catch, Garcia would have some pretty crappy numbers.

Garcia doesn't play well against the Rams. He might not have the mental block that he's had in the past because he knows the Rams are playing like crap. Still, I think Garcia will struggle anyway and I predict a win for the Rams...and I also think the Rams will win the NFC West.

Ahem!!! I watch every 49ers home game too and I think you should question Maruicci's play calling before levying the entire blame on Garcia. True he does suck to an extend. But, Steve sucks more.

immortal_zeus
10-04-02, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by mysterX
Ahem!!! I watch every 49ers home game too and I think you should question Maruicci's play calling before levying the entire blame on Garcia. True he does suck to an extend. But, Steve sucks more.

Yes, Mariucci has had some questionable play-calling. It seems that he doesn't always have the killer instinct that 49ers fans (I am a fan...but will continue to cheer for the Rams as long as Marshall Faulk is a Ram) would like. I think people sometimes mistake Terrell Owens' behavior for being a punk, but sometimes his gripes are well founded because he's griping about Mariucci's lack of a killer instinct.

I think part of the reason that Mariucci was somewhat conservative is because the 49ers defense 2 years ago was primarily made up of rookies and he didn't want the offense to get the defense in trouble. Now, however, the defense has grown up quite a bit and those young players from 2 years ago are now good players.

That said, I still think Garcia sucks. Don't get me wrong, he's put up phenomenal numbers and I don't disregard the incredible numbers he's put up. But looking purely at him without statistical knowledge, he has a subpar arm (yes I know that was said of Joe Montana as well) and has pretty poor mechanics. Like I said, if he didn't have Terrell Owens, he most likely would not put up the kind of numbers that he has (which I guess could be said about a number of QBs and the weapons at their disposal). Frankly, I'm awestruck that he puts up the kind of numbers that have elevated him into the upper echelon of NFL QBs. Anyway, he's been a godsend for the 49ers and is the perfect QB to run in their system. I still don't like him, though.

grrrah
10-04-02, 01:47 PM
I agree that Garcia isn't the best quarterback, but he is better than most. Zeus is right about him not having a good arm and mechanics, but he is very smart in the pocket, and accurate on the short passes which is essential for the west coast system. Bottom line he gets the job done, and he was the best fit for the niners when they were in their financial crisis. There was no-one available except rick mirer. I would say his smarts and atheletic ability put him in the top 5 of qbs, but arm and mechanics are close to last. Oh, and I met him too. ;) with that said, in my fantasy draft, garcia was availble but I wouldn't get near him with a 10' pole because I agree he is overated and due for a bad year. (so i took alexander instead :lol: )

As for owens.. when he gripes, he always has a valid point, but he is the most immature ***, and doesn't know how to act professionally. talk about someone that can't let grudges go.

Oh, my semi-meeting jeff garcia story: I was in a nightclub going to the bar to get a drink, and I noticed jeff garcia stanging alone by the bar, so I ordered my drink turned to jeff and our conversation went like this:

Me: HEEEYYY! Jeeeeffffff... What's Up?
Jeff: Huh? Uhhhh...
Me: Remember me? from San Jose State? (shakes his hand)
Jeff: Uhhh.. Ummm.... yah?
Me: :lol: alright, i'll catcha later...

needless to say, He was on something or drunk, but I think it was the first one. and although he looks scrawny on tv, he was built like a rock.

immortal_zeus
10-04-02, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by grrrah

Oh, my semi-meeting jeff garcia story: I was in a nightclub going to the bar to get a drink, and I noticed jeff garcia stanging alone by the bar, so I ordered my drink turned to jeff and our conversation went like this:

Me: HEEEYYY! Jeeeeffffff... What's Up?
Jeff: Huh? Uhhhh...
Me: Remember me? from San Jose State? (shakes his hand)
Jeff: Uhhh.. Ummm.... yah?
Me: :lol: alright, i'll catcha later...

needless to say, He was on something or drunk, but I think it was the first one. and although he looks scrawny on tv, he was built like a rock.

I thought you went to Cal...or did you only go there for a little while? :confused: Are you in your 30s already?!?!? You don't look that old.

Anyway, that's a pretty funny story involving Garcia....I was expecting you to say that he hit on you in the club. :lol:

I bet Joe Montana really wanted Rick Mirer to work out since Mirer went to Montana's alma mater Notre Dame. Now the 49ers have Brandon Doman from BYU--and I'm pretty sure Steve Young has already met with him. I think Doman has a lot more potential to be the 49ers future starting QB than Tim Rattay.

My legs are sore as hell from the gym last night. How about you?

mee2
10-04-02, 07:19 PM
I think Jeff Garcia is gay...not that there's anything wrong with that. That man's lisp is way too pronounced....

agrall
10-05-02, 08:50 PM
Before the season started, I predicted that the Rams would do no better than 9-7 this year...

I never truly imagined they would suck this bad...

But, I've been laughing and enjoying it. I oculdn't believe the audacity of Warner before last year's super bowl saying how he wanted what...five super bowl rings?!? And then they lost... boo hoo.

Then, this preseason, the Rams themselves are talking about how unstoppable they'll be this year, and how they are better than ever before. And then the sports media saying how awesome the Rams will be this year... It was enough to make you vomit.

Of course, now the Rams and their fans will blame their poor season on the lack of Warner... Because he was off to such a geat start with 1 TD and 8 INT...

immortal_zeus
10-05-02, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by agrall

Of course, now the Rams and their fans will blame their poor season on the lack of Warner... Because he was off to such a geat start with 1 TD and 8 INT...

I'm not going to blame the crappy season on the lack of Warner....I'm blaming it on the abundance of Warner. :p Mr. Ego, Mike Martz, too.

mee2
10-06-02, 05:57 PM
I wish you Nner nay-sayers could see the look on my face....haha!

Iron Chef
10-06-02, 06:10 PM
pwned

teh Rams r teh suck

John Sy
10-06-02, 06:20 PM
At the end of the 3rd quarter: San Francisco 27, LA Rams (won't call them St. Louis Rams) 6.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

zak52
10-06-02, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by John Sy
At the end of the 3rd quarter: San Francisco 27, LA Rams (won't call them St. Louis Rams) 6.

Maybe you should call them the Cleveland Rams since that's where they originated.

mee2
10-06-02, 06:31 PM
You know, it's pretty sad when they replay Rams highlights (for the lack of a better word) to the tune of Benny Hill.....hehe!

Gallant Pig
10-06-02, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Niners by 14, St. Louis continues to stink it up and gets blown out.

Well I got the "blown out" part right. :lol:

:D

John Sy
10-07-02, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by zak52
Maybe you should call them the Cleveland Rams since that's where they originated.

Well I never knew them as the Cleveland Rams...only as the LA Rams.

Still....37-13! Sweet! Game was not as close as the score might indicate.

The Cow
10-07-02, 12:24 AM

Wow! Cleveland Rams ended in 1945, that's a stretch :lol:

Bob Waterfield
1945 NFL MVP - Cleveland Rams

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/crams/45Rams.jpg
1945 NFL Champions
Cleveland Rams

The Cow
10-07-02, 12:36 AM

And Niner's didn't join the league until 1950 (four/five years after Rams moved to LA). No clue how either of these posts are relevant, other than the history lesson factor -wink-

Myster X
10-07-02, 12:46 AM
Warner vowed to make the palyoffs. :mad: I'll be piss if the Rams don't make it. :D

GMLSKIS
10-07-02, 01:58 AM
I predicted the Niners would win 24 - 10. I guess even I didn't realize how bad the Rams really do suck.

immortal_zeus
10-07-02, 01:58 AM
Well, I didn't watch the game since I wasn't home....but judging from the score, it's probably better that I didn't watch it. I have the game on tape, though, so I'll probably watch it just to see how bad the Rams stunk.

I'm not too proud to say that I was horribly wrong about this game....

At least the Rams will get a good draft pick next year. :p

I'm surprised (and thankful) that there aren't a bunch of immature posts about me and my cockamamy ideas of how the Rams would pull this game out. Thanks. :)

Da Thrilla
10-07-02, 02:22 AM
Good lord. The Rams are 0-5. Sure to be 0-6 after the Raiders beat them. When will the sucking end? :lol:

*prepares for a Vikings statement*

immortal_zeus
10-07-02, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Da Thrilla
Good lord. The Rams are 0-5. Sure to be 0-6 after the Raiders beat them. When will the sucking end? :lol:

*prepares for a Vikings statement*

Remember, there's never a sure thing in football, though the way the Raiders are playing, they will probably rack up some major points on the Rams...

Too bad the Rams don't play the Vikes. ;) I <i>think</i> the Rams could at least beat them. Doesn't matter anyway cause the season has gone to crap.

Hopefully the Rams can do a better job of drafting next year. This past draft was frickin' horrible.

grrrah
10-07-02, 12:05 PM
I thought you went to Cal...or did you only go there for a little while? :confused: Are you in your 30s already?!?!? You don't look that old.

My legs are sore as hell from the gym last night. How about you?

I did go to cal.. I was b.s.ing jeff garcia at the time. btw, 27.

yup, legs sore.. didn't help to go mt. biking saturday for the first time in months.

Hopefully the Rams can do a better job of drafting next year. This past draft was frickin' horrible.

The Lambs will do much better in next years draft without Martz.