Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Question for those who have seen Beck live.

cdollaz
10-02-02, 09:25 AM
I am thinking about going to this latest tour, but I have a couple of questions. First, how long are his sets. Does he leave after an hour or an hour and a quarter, or does he do longer sets that go a couple of hours.

Secondly, does anyone know what types of songs he is doing on this tour. Is it going to be acoustic stuff only or is he gonna do other stuff as well. Thanks.

Zodo
10-02-02, 10:08 AM
Well, I saw him live many years ago. It was a pretty good show, but certainly didn't last 'hours'. It was probably a good hour or so...but this was when he didn't have as many albums out, so maybe now he does longer sets.

cerulean
10-02-02, 07:51 PM
The Flaming Lips will be opening for Beck and then they'll be his backing band, which should be interesting (the recent shows from a few weeks ago were acoustic).

This leg of the tour doesn't start for another couple of weeks, so it's hard to say what kind of show he'll be doing at this point. I'd imagine he'll play several songs from the new album, which is very mellow.

auto
10-07-02, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by cdollaz
Secondly, does anyone know what types of songs he is doing on this tour. Is it going to be acoustic stuff only or is he gonna do other stuff as well. Thanks.

Supposedly, Beck will be playing material from all of his albums. Considering that the Flaming Lips are his backing band I would highly doubt that this will be similar to the acoustic tour. That being said, Im sure there will be a fair amount of material fom his new (acoustic, mellow) album.

BBP