Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Touch vcd at dddhouse

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 10-02-02, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone seen it ?? I must say I am tempted to get this because it looks decent and I like Michelle Yeoh. Does anyone know if the dvd release is just around the corner ??
Old 10-02-02, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm sure that the DVD is right around the corner because the boots are already out en masse in HK and Canada. Marketing strategy nowadays is to get the DVD out as soon as possible to minimize bootleg sales.
Old 10-02-02, 04:17 PM

THE TOUCH DVD due for release on the 21st.

Regards,
Jeff
HKFLIX.com
Old 10-02-02, 04:17 PM

Got the numbers mixed up. Release due on or about the 12th.

Regards,
Jeff
HKFLIX.com
Old 10-02-02, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good mix up!! Can't wait!
Old 10-02-02, 09:45 PM

The Touch (2002)

It might get release in Region 1 DVD. It's shown in U.S.A for limited time and for a preview only. It was released in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Hongkong though. I've seen the movie and I rate it 5.5/10. Not a bad movie at all with a great cinematography and great actors. Not a good story development though. But great action!
Old 10-02-02, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: The Touch (2002)

Originally posted by Kevin_blaze

It might get release in Region 1 DVD. It's shown in U.S.A for limited time and for a preview only. It was released in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Hongkong though. I've seen the movie and I rate it 5.5/10. Not a bad movie at all with a great cinematography and great actors. Not a good story development though. But great action!
5.5/10? That sounds pretty bad.
Old 10-03-02, 01:57 AM

Miramax owns the Region 1 distribution rights for The Touch, therefore it can safely be assumed that their version is/will be INCOMPLETE. They have never released a Hong Kong action or martial arts movie in its entirety before and I doubt they're going to start now. If you want to own the movie, there's no sense waiting for the R1 DVD when the HK one is right around the corner.

www.hkfilm.net/disney
Old 10-03-02, 06:03 AM

Re: Re: The Touch (2002)

Originally posted by slymer
5.5/10? That sounds pretty bad.
Yeah about 5.5 to 6/10. You might like it if you like Crouching TIger Hidden Dragon. The Touch had more excellent cinematography however CTHD had better storyline. I suppose the action is pretty good in "The Touch". You might rent it if you like Hongkong action movie.
Old 10-03-02, 10:32 AM

Cool..thanks Jeff...do you know if there will be a pre-order for it the site soon ??
Old 10-04-02, 05:35 AM

I've been looking on the net and I saw the all-region dvd. One of the websites is http://nozone.imess.net/dvd_touch.htm.
Old 10-04-02, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Kevin_blaze
I've been looking on the net and I saw the all-region dvd. One of the websites is http://nozone.imess.net/dvd_touch.htm.
Looks like they took the site down cuz of "abuse" - it's probably a place that sells bootleg garbage. Just wait for the official release which should be out in the next few weeks.
Old 10-04-02, 11:16 PM

Yeah I believe so and bootleg ones had been promoted on the net. One of my friend who bought the bootleg ones told me that the movie had no special features at all and the picture quality is just like a piracy vcd. So it's better to buy the region 1 dvd. However because it's a Hongkong production, it might be release in region 3.