Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review wanted: Dreailed (Van Damme)

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 10-01-02, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone seen this film? What are your thoughts?
Old 10-01-02, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Terrorists take over train to steal biological weapon. Only one damme man can stop them. After a lot of damme high kicking and damme mediocre shootouts, he does. My guess is that only JCVD fanatics would watch the damme thing more than once.

Okay, now that I've amused the hell out of myself, let me give a few more details.

There isn't one moment in the entire film that is surprising or unusual. It's the very definition of run of the mill. However, as a direct-to-video movie, it does have a few pluses:

1) Good-sized budget. The production values are a good deal better than most DTV stuff these days. The same company recently released "Con Express" starring Arnold Vosloo & Sean Patrick Flannery, which looked equally expensive for DTV.

2) Competent direction. It's directed in a smoothly professional style. Towards the end of the film, as the action ramps up, it even starts to build a bit of momentum and tension.

3) The ugly guy who fought JCVD in Maximum Risk's infamous elevator fight is back. They try to grapple hump each other again, but it isn't nearly as well-done.

4) One of the costars is quite bootylicious.

Basically, if you like Van Damme and have a penchant for renting cheap action movies, this should please you enough for one viewing. However, if you want studio-quality stuff, avoid it. If you haven't seen Under Siege 2 yet, then rent that instead. It's much better.
Old 10-12-02, 08:44 AM

anyone else?