Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville "Heat" Season 2 Episode 2 - 10/1

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-02, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Smallville "Heat" Season 2 Episode 2

Hey it's lwhy? again starting the "Heat" thread post your comments. Did anyone noticed that lana looked superhot in the trailer? Krista Allen looked good too!
Old 10-01-02, 10:48 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You do realize that your user name is displayed to the left of your post, and the thread title is displayed above your post, so introducing yourself and your thread it fairly redundant... right?

In the future, if you start episode specific threads, please put a date on them... right now, it's not too hard to remember that the 10/1 episode is #2, but the deeper we get into the season, the harder it'll be to keep track. Edited thread title for clarity.
Old 10-01-02, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, nice thread!

What do you want to know?

And the "smallville" in the title is very misleading. Mod, please change that to "monsterville" in the title. Thanks!
Old 10-01-02, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I don't usually watch Smallville, but I will definitely check it out tonight if Krista Allen is going to be in it.
Old 10-01-02, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Heat
Hey, nice thread!

What do you want to know?

And the "smallville" in the title is very misleading. Mod, please change that to "monsterville" in the title. Thanks!
The above username Heat is very misleading, as it has nothing to do with Smallville episode 2. Mod, please change that to Smartass or something more appropriate.
Old 10-01-02, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm... hot episode indeed! Heat is really the first episode of the 2nd season as the characters just come back from their summer that they spent quite separated from each other either travelling or recovering from the whirlwind.

Krista Allen is indeed hot in this episode, but so are Lana and Chloe. And guess what happens to Clark when he starts to get "hot"?...
Spoiler:

He starts fires with his eyes! Krista Allen is this hot professor in a skanky short dress that gets Clark all horny during a... bio sex education class and... he puts the class on fire.

It turns out that the sexy professor is a professional black widow that uses her enhanced pheromone levels to manipulate every male that comes in her vicinity. Thus she gets married to Lex which "trusts" her blindly and starts to doubt even his friendship with Clark.

I will not list further details, but it was a pretty good episode, with Clark mastering a new power and Lana deciding to be honest with her bf about their long-distance relation.

I hope you didn't read the above, you curious guys! But if you did, there's still plenty nice twists plus lots of hot scenes to keep the episode worth seeing.
Spoiler:
Did I mention Krista swimming topless? Of course this is network tv so there's not much to see, but.. still
Old 10-01-02, 05:51 PM

I am so tempted to read it, but im going to wait a few hours and see what happens myself!
Old 10-01-02, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
minor, but I'll put it under a spoiler tag
Spoiler:
video post card? like a libby hoeler video?
if teacher dressed in that skimpy of a dress (short, thin material etc) she'd be fired
why did chloe make up the intern thing to piss off clark? the way she loked over her shoulder made it look like she didn't actually meet anyone. why can't they just get together? I hate these tv shows that drag out the perfect couples and never let them get together, it's annoying
Old 10-01-02, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I wasn't too wild about the episode, it looked bad and unnecessary from the teaser and it proved to be so all the way through. A better title would have been "Lame plot device to get us through introducing a new power.....hell the plot is so lame, we'll get a hot chick in there." But apparently that title was too long for TV Guide.

I like the effect of the power though, much different than I was expecting.

The whole episode really seemed like it was taking place in Bizarro world. They really seem like they get back on track next week though!
Old 10-01-02, 09:53 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

I enjoyed this episode. It was humorous. That was the best adaptation of heat vision I've ever seen. Much more beleiveable than Laser Beams shooting out of his eyes.

I was annoyed by 1 thing. The summer break jump. Why? Clark had 3 months to search for that spaceship and all of a sudden it's going to create a panic next week.

Anyone want to venture a guess on who is going to find out Clark's secret next week?

While Lana is the obvious choice due to her character development of the past 2 episodes, I'm going to guess it's Pete. They need to give that kid more than 1 line a show.
Old 10-01-02, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So is Clark's heat vision a metaphor for him blowing his wad? That's not how I want to think of Superman. Eww.

The ending was a little bit too much of a Scooby Doo ending for me. No mention of burns on Lex, the problems with the law just go away, and no real idea of how they explained what the woman did. Did they tell the police officer/Lex/etc. about her powers, to warn them not to get close? Because that's stretching credibility a little. Or if not, how did Jonathan not get in trouble?
Old 10-01-02, 09:59 PM

Man this was a nice episode, i swear i almost blew up my tv with my heat eyes or vision or whatever he calls, but it was a sweet episode, though next week looks so awesome, I cnt wait
Old 10-01-02, 10:03 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by CaptainMarvel
No mention of burns on Lex, the problems with the law just go away, and no real idea of how they explained what the woman did. Did they tell the police officer/Lex/etc. about her powers, to warn them not to get close? Because that's stretching credibility a little. Or if not, how did Jonathan not get in trouble?
No burns on Lex is simple. The fire was burning off the alcohol, not him. It's like when kids spray deoderant on their arms and set it on fire. As long as you put it out quickly, you won't get burnt.

Problems with the law is a moot point after Desiree tired to kill Lex with the fire. That's also why she was arrested.

Jonathan didn't get in trouble because Lex never told the police what really happened. He knew the she-devil put Pa Kent under the same spell he was under.
Old 10-01-02, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What did the woman let them take her into custody? All she has to do is get close to the cop and blow that stuff at him and he will do whatever she says. This is the first thing I thought after it happened.
Old 10-01-02, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Flay
No burns on Lex is simple. The fire was burning off the alcohol, not him. It's like when kids spray deoderant on their arms and set it on fire. As long as you put it out quickly, you won't get burnt.
Yes...it becomes clear, we had different childhoods
Old 10-01-02, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by CaptainMarvel
The ending was a little bit too much of a Scooby Doo ending for me. No mention of burns on Lex, the problems with the law just go away, and no real idea of how they explained what the woman did. Did they tell the police officer/Lex/etc. about her powers, to warn them not to get close? Because that's stretching credibility a little. Or if not, how did Jonathan not get in trouble?
But DUDE Krista Allen was in it showing some skin!!

Don't you know that's all that matters??

Next week better be better than this...
Old 10-01-02, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really enjoyed the episode, not as much as last weeks though. I kind of gave up on this show last season, but I'm glad I gave it another chance.
Old 10-02-02, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The first thing I thought when Clark set the screen on fire in class was that he was ejaculating.

For some reason, I half-expected the Kents to give Clark the birds and the bees speech.

I thought the episode was pretty good overall....I especially liked how they're developing the Chloe-Clark-Lana triangle. This is the WB, people! This show is geared towards adolescents. Lucky for me, I still like that stuff (btw, season premier of Dawson's Creek tomorrow night!).

Is it just me, or was Chloe extra bitchy in this episode?

Regarding next week's episode:
Spoiler:
I'm 99.9% sure Pete is the one who will find out about the spaceship.

Old 10-02-02, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Regarding next week's episode:
Spoiler:
I'm 99.9% sure Pete is the one who will find out about the spaceship.
Was the

Spoiler:
quick scene during next week's preview showing Pete walking around the ship with Clark

your first clue?
Old 10-02-02, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Tonight's episode was fun. I was chuckling throughout when Clark discover his new heat vision power.
Old 10-02-02, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

WTF whats up with the summer break, i thought tonights episode was alright, but all the girls were hot though.

WTF the ship just chilled in the farm for 3 months or what. then finally found it.
Old 10-02-02, 07:48 AM

1. Everybody forgot about the spaceship? Pfft.
2. Chloe's a bitch
3. Long, drawn out relationships on shows were cool at first but are getting old for me. They'll build chemistry between two characters but they don't kiss... then like 4 seasons later they finally kiss and we're supposed to swoon over it. Eg: Caroline in the City, Friends, Frasier, and countless other shows. Just get together with Lana already, geeze.
Old 10-02-02, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by homeslice
3. Long, drawn out relationships on shows were cool at first but are getting old for me. They'll build chemistry between two characters but they don't kiss... then like 4 seasons later they finally kiss and we're supposed to swoon over it. Eg: Caroline in the City, Friends, Frasier, and countless other shows. Just get together with Lana already, geeze.
Nah. 9 times out of 10 when the lead characters do end up hooking up, it kills the show. And after this ep, I don't think they'd be able to write effectively if they did.

To sum up...

sexual tension = good

wild, hot, freaky monkey sex = bad
Old 10-02-02, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I don't watch Smallville often, but I had to watch this one to check one of my favorites, Krista Allen. Well worth it.

My question is are they still doing every episode with some supervillian who had exposure to kryptonite during the famous meteor shower?
Old 10-02-02, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I also laughed in the 1st part of the episode, using heat vision as a metaphor for Clark's sexual arousal to trigger his new power.

The cut (between commercial) from Clark burning up the dummy to him gaining pinpoint control of his heat vision was a bit to awkward. What exactly does Clark think about to cool off his heat vision? That's never made clear (perhaps he thinks about "baseball").

Having Krista Allen in the episode as a femme fatale/black widow is right up her alley (caught her in the same sort of role on Mutant X over the summer reruns). She's so easy on the eyes and flat out gorgeous. Can't blame Lex for falling under her spell.

The love triangle between Clark/Chloe/Lana will be drawn out, but at least the 2 girls are talking about it, and not getting all jealous about it...yet. I think Lana got more beautiful over the summer, and Chloe is still her spunky self (even though she's still not over Clark in a big way).

Pete definitely got his growth spurt over the summer. He'll be the one that grows up on the show physically. Tom Welling's already like 25, so unless he hits the weights more, he won't have those growth spurts that happen to young actors still in their late teen years.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.