Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Voina i Mir - coming soon

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 09-30-02, 08:22 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems that one of my personally most eagerly awaited DVD will be released soon. Does anbody have more info?

Voina i Mir

------
Markus
Old 10-01-02, 10:43 AM

Here's the info from The Digital Bits about Ruscico-Image disc:

Image Entertainment has announced the release of a DVD version of Sergei Bondarchuk's 1968 version of War and Peace (another version is due from Kultur on 11/26). But Image's 4-disc version - due on 12/3 (SRP $69.99) - is much more loaded. Expect anamorphic widescreen video (2.35:1 aspect ratio), Dolby Digital 5.1 audio in Russian, English and French and 14 sets of subtitles on the 3 movie discs. The 4th disc contains all the extras, such as a "behind the scenes" featurette, cast and crew filmographies, an art direction and set design studies gallery, a documentary on Leo Tolstoy and interviews with the actors, cinematographer, composer and Mosfilms Studios president Karen Shakhnazarov. The film is also the longer, 431-minute version
Old 10-02-02, 09:42 PM

Hopefully we will see a R3 Korean repackaging of this Ruscico title at a more attractive price.