Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Best MP3 player? Best cd burning software?

Mike_AA
09-29-02, 01:53 PM
I've been looking around for another MP3 player besides Winamp (just need something different) and have tried both Sonique and RealOne's new player. Sonique was nice, but deathly slowed my computer down and also froze it on numerous occassions. Done with that one.

RealOne is actually nice, but it is also too very slow and just is a pain to navigate and get around all their stupid clunky ads and such. This coming from someone with a one year old computer...so these programs shouldn't be slowing everything down this much.

Anyways, anyone got any other good MP3 players? Also interested in one with a equalizer of course and possibly some other cool features.

kenny79
09-29-02, 02:22 PM
Including WinAmp, iTunes is the best. ;)

Amator
09-29-02, 03:03 PM
On a windows PC, I just don't see any reason to use anything other than Winamp. I never liked Sonique or MMJ. IMHO Winamp is a lot more intuitive, and with all the plugins and skins, a lot more versitile as well. That said, I haven't tried out Winamp 3 beta much, but I hear it has a lot of new stuff. If you just want something new, you may want to check that out.

namja
09-29-02, 03:16 PM
MusicMatch ... works great for me.

Otto
09-29-02, 03:40 PM
Why use anything other than Winamp? They suck. Winamp rules.

huzefa
09-29-02, 03:42 PM
Winamp, baby! Why screw around with something if it works?

namja
09-29-02, 03:48 PM
Mostly because of ripping mp3s. I get noticeably better mp3s from CDs using MusicMatch than WinAmp.

pantala
09-29-02, 04:08 PM
Winamp 3 was officially released on 8/8. Because it features freeform skins, you can change the entire look of the player, including where buttons are and the shape of the window. Choose a nice skin, and nobody (including yourself) will have to know you're using Winamp.

naughty jonny
09-29-02, 06:43 PM
Another vote for Music Match

Mr. M
09-29-02, 10:19 PM
music match

Mike_AA
09-30-02, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by pantala
Winamp 3 was officially released on 8/8. Because it features freeform skins, you can change the entire look of the player, including where buttons are and the shape of the window. Choose a nice skin, and nobody (including yourself) will have to know you're using Winamp. Didn't even know the new version came out. Anyways, much better, thanks.

agent2099
09-30-02, 05:01 AM
http://www.epinions.com/cmd-review-81A-101153BF-3A024B24-prod2

http://coolplayer.sourceforge.net/

eedoon
09-30-02, 08:48 AM
MusicMatch. It's a very powerful tools. :up:

Nazgul
09-30-02, 09:09 AM
If it's strictly a player, I use WMP8.

sfsdfd
09-30-02, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by namja
Mostly because of ripping mp3s. I get noticeably better mp3s from CDs using MusicMatch than WinAmp.
For ripping MP3's from CD, I use <b><i>exclusively</i></b> Audiograbber. It's an awesome app that rips, checks freedb, and encodes flawlessly.

For playing music or writing WAVs (from MP3's, from MODs, from MIDIs, etc.), I use Winamp.

- David Stein

Mike_AA
09-30-02, 03:01 PM
OK, next question.

I need a burning software program (free)....which one? And where do I download it?

Mike_AA
10-01-02, 08:35 PM
bump

Xanager
10-02-02, 09:53 AM
www.nero.com for the burner (demo)

if you running XP, it has built in recording capabilities

matta
10-02-02, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Xanager
www.nero.com for the burner (demo)

if you running XP, it has built in recording capabilities

I just started using Nero (came with my new burner) and its giving me all kinds of problems. The weirdest thing is that it indexes all my tracks about 10 seconds after the track starts. So, to hear a track, I have to navigate to it on the CD player, then rewind between 10 and 30 seconds (depends on the track) to catch the beginning. Weird.

namja
10-02-02, 11:34 AM
I use both the Nero software and the Roxio Easy CD Creator software (one computer came with one, second computer came with the other). I prefer Nero slightly, but not enough to uninstall Roxio in the second computer to install Nero. Both are simple enough to use that it's not a big deal having to know how to use 2 different software.

I'm sure the built in capability of XP burns CDs fine, but both times I tried to do it, I just got coasters. Same with Windows Media Player's built in burning capability which only gave me coasters. Oh well. I'm happy with Nero & Roxio.

BTW, I'm using Nero 5.5 and Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.2.

Mike_AA
10-02-02, 12:21 PM
Whenever I try to burn with Nero it has me save some .nrg file (right before it should burn) and whether I select YES or CANCEL the burn never happens. Needless to say its been a real pain in the ass.

Is there anyway someone can send me EASY CD CREATOR basic? I just want to burn music CDs, and maybe some datas....nothing else.

Xanager
10-02-02, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Mike_AA
Whenever I try to burn with Nero it has me save some .nrg file (right before it should burn) and whether I select YES or CANCEL the burn never happens. Needless to say its been a real pain in the ass.

Is there anyway someone can send me EASY CD CREATOR basic? I just want to burn music CDs, and maybe some datas....nothing else.

Sounds to me like you're trying to make a Nero Image file (extension .nrg). Make sure that you are selecting Audio or Music CD. If anything check the help file, and make sure all your options are set correctly.