Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

9/26/02 Survivor: Thailand (Spoilers inside without tags)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-02, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

When Sock Joy (sorry to all Thailand people) were looking for food, they mentioned they went towards the edge of the caves. WHAT caves?!?!
====
Regarding the head piece for the anniversary celebration - "Can we eat that?"
====
OUCH!
Someone just SLAMMED into someone from the other tribe!! That's gotta hurt.

-gasp- You just slammed me against a tree! -/gasp-

There's gotta be a LOT of black and blue on both sides.
=====

Last edited by GatorDeb; 09-26-02 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-26-02, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That one team in the orange is really stupid. They keep voting out strong players and they are keeping the weak players. I predict the same thing happening this year as last, where they keep getting voted off one by one until they make up a bs rule where they make people switch teams again.
Old 09-26-02, 11:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Why are they saving the old lady, when she's useless and has proven so time and time again? And the drama next week with the black lady, WTF is that? They should have kicked her off when they had the chance.
Old 09-27-02, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
What happens if the whole Chuay Gahn team is eliminated? The other team starts to be plucked off one by one also?

Wow, the previews for next week seem awesome. All Survivors have had bickering in the past, but this is the first time that it gets physical, I think!
Old 09-27-02, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've watched all the Survivors and that vote last night was possibly the dumbest one I've seen yet. Unless Tanya told them off camera she wanted to be booted, it made no sense. Old lady=blown races. Truly bizarre vote.
Old 09-27-02, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Where are all the people who said Survivor is not a physical game in last weeks thread ?

Clearly it is. As I said in last weeks thread, Before the team's merge into one it's all about physical. If your team wins, they eat better and don't have to vote off a tribe member.

If you have older people who can't compete physically with younger fit people you loose, like Chuay Gahn did.

They are now 0-3. There's no way that team is winning a physical contest. They are too weak and too slow. And now not winning reward challenges will deprive them of comfort and food making them weaker and angrier.

They keep voting off the wrong people too. They should have kept John and Tanya and voted off Ghandia and Jan.
You need more men for the physical challenges and Tanya is half Jan's age. Jan is 53 (but looks 73). Tanya is 27.
You have to try to go into the merge with more tribe members, that is the key !

Now look at Sook Jai, they have some minor squabbles within the group between food and shelter and where people are sleeping but if you never have to vote anyone off it doesn't matter.
Old 09-27-02, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I'm confused. Was it the winning team or losing team in the immunity challenge who had the person who had to swim back because they could not get to the underwater hook?
Old 09-27-02, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
I'm confused. Was it the winning team or losing team in the immunity challenge who had the person who had to swim back because they could not get to the underwater hook?
So what, they still won !
It doesn't matter if it was close or not what matters is the W.

Score so far:

Sook Jai 3
Chuay Ghan 0
Old 09-27-02, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it was the winning team (I think it was Jan who couldn't get the hook off).

Only 6 people get booted off the island until the merge to the final 10. So it's possible that only 2 of original CG will make it to the merge, but (like last season), the producers will mix them into each other's tribes after 4 have been booted (the "Red rover red rover, send 3 survivors over" swap).
Old 09-27-02, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by Struz
So what, they still won !
It doesn't matter if it was close or not what matters is the W.

Score so far:

Sook Jai 3
Chuay Ghan 0

Yeah but didn't each player have to bring one piece across? It doesn't seem right that the winning team had 1 person who crossed twice.
Old 09-27-02, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
Yeah but didn't each player have to bring one piece across? It doesn't seem right that the winning team had 1 person who crossed twice.
That was the rules.

If a person couldn't do it, they would have to swim back and tag someone else, therefore getting a big penalty.

Either team could have done it.
Old 09-27-02, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought they voted out Tanya because she was sick (and therefore weak)?
Old 09-27-02, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Only 6 people get booted off the island until the merge to the final 10. So it's possible that only 2 of original CG will make it to the merge, but (like last season), the producers will mix them into each other's tribes after 4 have been booted (the "Red rover red rover, send 3 survivors over" swap).

I hope they don't do this again. It's really unfair.
Especially this time because each team was hand picked at the beginning.

It rewards the team that isn't winning anything and punishes the one that is.
Old 09-27-02, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
But Jan and Ghandia are just as weak (and stupid) than a young (cuter) Tanya.

I'd boot out the 1st two over Tanya.

Why Tanya? Why? She looked amazingly beautiful by the way her face was lit with the lighting sources at Tribal council. Now we're stuck with Jan and Ghandia for a couple more weeks...ewww.

Last edited by Patman; 09-27-02 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-27-02, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
If that old hag somehow wins this season like Tina won in the Outback, I'm never watching this show again.
Old 09-27-02, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by DTSC
If that old hag somehow wins this season like Tina won in the Outback, I'm never watching this show again.
Me too.

What about Vecepia on S4 ?
She did nothing for 39 days and won.
Old 09-27-02, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I didn't watch S4. That cast was uber-dull.
Old 09-27-02, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Miss her already...
Old 09-27-02, 12:43 PM

They voted off the only real looker on their team. Figures.

Unless the competitions rely on Johnny Cash or Elvis trivia, Chuay Ghan will keep on losing until the merge. Jesus I can't wait for Amazing Race 3 - at least that show is fun to watch... Survivor has become sooooo repetitive (imho).
Old 09-27-02, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I couldn't agree more with your guys posts. This is already looking like a replay of last years Survivor. I was so mad last when they voted off the AirForce guy(my fav player) early, then proceeded to knock off each strong one, until they a team full of lazy people. Then a merge comes, saves everybody, and the lazy people outnumber the workers. In the end the person who did almost the least won.

Even with that girl sick, she's young, and that old lady looked like she was gonna die after canoing for the water. If I was the navy girl, watching that old lady rest in the ocean while I checked out each island for the water, would have made me vote her off. But, nope, 0 votes for her?!?!

The woman who lost the competition the 1st week, should have been taken care of then, now she's gonna cause more problems this upcoming week. Watch, the guy will get voted off somehow, to "relieve tension". This team is going nowhere fast. At least the young team, somehow is still fighting over shelter, and really aren't performing much better in the challenges. There is hope, but not much.

By the way, excellant so far, and if I was on there I would want to be on the old team, assuming that young cutie was still around, they have guitars, golf clubs etc.. all they need is a good skateboard.
Old 09-27-02, 01:00 PM

Originally posted by Patman
Why Tanya? Why? She looked amazingly beautiful by the way her face was lit with the lighting sources at Tribal council. Now we're stuck with Jan and Ghandia for a couple more weeks...ewww.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, that girl did look amazing, somehow her skin was so clear and pretty.. compared to all the others who looked to already be suffering from the bugs and stuff.
Old 09-27-02, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I miss Tanya's ass.
Old 09-27-02, 01:43 PM

Originally posted by atlantamoi
I've watched all the Survivors and that vote last night was possibly the dumbest one I've seen yet. Unless Tanya told them off camera she wanted to be booted, it made no sense. Old lady=blown races. Truly bizarre vote.
I think in this game the tribe will have problem voting both elders out before the merge. Remember the elders are the one who picked them in their tribe. That alone will elevate their status a bit so they are safe from being voted out until the merge.
Old 09-27-02, 01:45 PM

Originally posted by homeslice
They voted off the only real looker on their team. Figures.

Unless the competitions rely on Johnny Cash or Elvis trivia, Chuay Ghan will keep on losing until the merge. Jesus I can't wait for Amazing Race 3 - at least that show is fun to watch... Survivor has become sooooo repetitive (imho).
I think she was the only young person from their team. Others probably have bonded more so they have more problem voting them out. Tanya probably have more problem bonding with her team mates because others are older than her.
Old 09-27-02, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

At first I felt bad for CG because the guy made idiotic choices for who would be on the team. I don't feel sorry for them now because I can see that it's just a team full of idiots. Continue to vote off your better members CG, that'll really help!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.