Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Ichi the Killer Uncut DVD

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-02, 01:08 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to Aznfilms.com, the uncut version is being released on 12/30/02.

Removed link as poster was banned for being connected to the site they were promoting/linking to

The cover of the DVD looks pretty nice. Definitely better than my region 3 Hong Kong version.
Old 09-26-02, 09:05 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
After the whole "The Blade" fiasco, I am very wary of any info that seems to good to be true. I'll believe it after someone gets a copy and actually watches it.
Old 09-26-02, 10:09 AM

Has anyone purchased dvd's through aznfilms. Comments/anyone recommend them?
Old 09-26-02, 01:16 PM
Banned

Giles, what "The Blade" fiasco are you talking about? This is the first I've heard about this. Please explain.

I've purchased stuff from them before and never had any problems. They get stuff in before HKFlix and Poker at lower prices and their customer service is the best I've dealt with anywhere.
Old 09-26-02, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm looking forward to this release... I just saw the film a few days ago on a big-ass screen at the Love & Anarchy Film Festival in Helsinki, Finland, and it didn't disappoint. Twisted an anarchic in the best possible way.
Old 09-26-02, 02:34 PM

RE: "The Blade", this:

http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....ight=the+blade

to summarize, inital spec and info on the disc were completely wrong, took a very long time to verify all this, now I am stuck with a cropped, badly dubbed DVD edition, when I should have spent the money on the Reg 2 UK edition. Lesson learned, don't believe everything you read until you actually witness it yourself.

Everyone also learned to not do business with Proxis.

Last edited by Giles; 09-26-02 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-26-02, 03:17 PM
Banned

Giles, I see what you mean. But I didn't see anything on there that it came from Aznfilms. In fact, I think Aznfilms is one of the better sources about DVD specs out there. I know that the specs listed on their site are verified because they often contradict what is on HKFlix's site and sure enough, HKFlix just lists what is on the back of the cover. They were the ones who actually notified everyone that the Dutch Blade was going to be fullscreen and English dub. I saw that back then. Well, I think it depends on the manufacturer of the disc also so let's just pray.
Old 09-26-02, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I'm reluctant to get a Dutch DVD ever again after The Blade fiasco - As for Proxis - I hope they die. I ended up with BeastCops that didn't even have subs instead of The Blade. I sent it back and I don't even know if I got a refund since they won't return my emails.
Old 09-26-02, 04:18 PM
Banned

Yah, Proxis should burn in hell. I canceled my order with them shortly after I found out about the whole deal but they never responded to any of my mails. I canceled my credit card and that was that.
Old 09-26-02, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
I'm reluctant to get a Dutch DVD ever again after The Blade fiasco - As for Proxis - I hope they die. I ended up with BeastCops that didn't even have subs instead of The Blade. I sent it back and I don't even know if I got a refund since they won't return my emails.
Ditto!!! Proxis
Old 09-27-02, 12:40 AM

The Dutch 2-disc of Ichi has been confirmed by numerous sources, one of which is bulletsnbabesdvds.com:

http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com/mod...rder=0&thold=0

Ichi The Killer will first be released to the Rental market in Europe on both VHS and DVD. This is almost imminent, then he'll get his retail release later this year.

Some Factual Info for you :

Expect first class video and audio, remastered using the latest techniques. This is being done right now.

The DVDs will feature a 16x9 Anamorphic Print and Japanese Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio with remastered English/Dutch Subtitles. Additionally an English Dubbed track will also be included.

The Holland retail release is 19th November 2002 from Dutch Film Works of the full Japanese uncut version. Disc One will feature the film as outlined above and also a full length audio commentary with HK Cinema Expert Bey Logan, Lead Actress Paulyn Sun credited as Alien Sun (In The Mood For Love), and Associate Producer Elliot Tong.

Disc Two will contain a Behind-The-Scenes Feature, Filmographies, Trailers, Photo Galleries, Interviews and potentially further material still being collected.

Expect this version to be the basis for other language versions across Europe depending on cuts required on a country by country basis if at all. It is not clear at this time which extras will be on other Countries versions.

Posted on Sep 06, 2002 - 02:46 PM by niz

The audio commentary for the Ichi The Killer R2 DVD is now complete. It features HK Cinema Expert Bey Logan, Lead Actress Paulyn Sun credited as Alien Sun (In The Mood For Love), and Associate Producer Elliot Tong.
Old 09-27-02, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When that's confirmed by them saying "has been released" and show me pictures of the DVD and stills and someone holding up today's newspaper, I might believe it.
Old 09-27-02, 09:51 AM

oh my god, the words "Dutch Film Works" strikes fear in me, they are the same company that gave us false info on "The Blade", come on, until further info and the actual release (and as I stated before) I am not falling into the same trap twice.
Old 09-27-02, 10:14 AM

Well, I for one am hopeful!

But I'm not pre-ordering either.

Still when so many different sources, such as bnb, AlSexGore, dvdmaniacs, and Aznfilms are saying that it's coming out, I tend to believe that.

As far as specific features go, I believe those when I see 'em on the disc, because not even the big studios are reliable about specs.
Old 09-27-02, 12:08 PM
Cool New Member

I just purchased an uncut disc of Ichi off of e-bay. It's some kind of bootleg where someone cut back in the cut scenes from the reg 2 disc and put the subs from the reg 3 disc on, so there are 2 or 3 scenes with out english subs. If you're like me and couldn't wait for this movie to come out uncut you might want to try it as it is around $9 on e-bay. I'm pretty sure it has a DTS track, commentary track (in japanese) and some interviews. I will still probably buy the dutch DVD.
Old 09-27-02, 07:00 PM

so if PROXIS is to avoid ..... what are reliable DUTCH online retailers which might gonna stock ICHI ?
Old 09-27-02, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Arrggghhh!
I just purchased an uncut disc of Ichi off of e-bay. It's some kind of bootleg where someone cut back in the cut scenes from the reg 2 disc and put the subs from the reg 3 disc on, so there are 2 or 3 scenes with out english subs. If you're like me and couldn't wait for this movie to come out uncut you might want to try it as it is around $9 on e-bay. I'm pretty sure it has a DTS track, commentary track (in japanese) and some interviews. I will still probably buy the dutch DVD.
Bootlegs are forbidden - it's people like you...
Old 09-28-02, 01:52 PM

Originally posted by dvdfriendly
so if PROXIS is to avoid ..... what are reliable DUTCH online retailers which might gonna stock ICHI ?
I don't know of any Dutch e-tailers, but I do know of one German site, adrenafilm.de, that definitely will be carrying it. Also, one could look at a very useful thread about non-US dvd e-tailers that is pinned to the top of this very forum...
Old 11-25-02, 07:20 AM

I just heard that the BBFC has cut Ichi The Killer by 3 minutes... and HKL is still going to release it. I feel sorry for them. Thank god we can always rely on those liberal Dutchmen!
Old 11-25-02, 08:04 AM

Movietyme have the 2-disc edn up for pre-order.

Dazza.

Last edited by Dazza; 11-25-02 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-25-02, 02:23 PM
Cool New Member

Or, one could purchase the R2 Japanese disk and use DVDSubber.

Just an alternative . . .
Old 11-25-02, 02:27 PM

...but not a very sensible one by any yardstick since the upcoming Dutch edition will have just about anything we could hope to get from a special edition of this film.
Old 11-26-02, 07:33 AM

Movietyme does indeed have Ichi up for pre-order and is a pretty reliable site. Never used Proxis (whatever that may be) but Movirtyme is a site i have ordered numerous titles from with no trouble. Looking forward to this Ichi aswell, big fan of Miike but not seen this yet.
Old 11-26-02, 10:08 AM

It seems to be very expensive at Movietyme (£25 is, after all, about $39)... are there any other Dutch DVD online vendors?
Old 11-30-02, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just noticed it up for pre-order at www.lfvw.com for $20.
Can't comment on the company as a whole but did order one title with them some time back 'The Viy' when they stocked Ruscico discs and was received fairly promptly and with no problems.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.