Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Christmas In August

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-02, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Korean R3 DVD - Christmas In August

Christmas In August

Technical: Korean R3 boxset with CD soundtrack. Anamorphic 1.85:1 DD2.0. Great picture with good sound no complaints.

A romantic movie thats really about nostalgia, love and death.
I watched this expecting good things and within the opening few minutes the lead male captures your heart.
His very existence, his life and thoughts are the envy of us all.

The movie moves perfectly between scenes and people always giving you time to admire whats on screen.
I love the pacing found in Korean romance movies, this isn't the first korean film I've seen like this and I hope it isn't the last ... so different from HK and US movies but not slow and boring like UK ones.

Il Mare, Failan and Christmas in August are about the best romances anyone can hope to see.

A Simple yet touching film thats never cynical or filled with cheesy dialogue and camera angles.

Korean Romances Are Brilliant!

Last edited by cirrus888; 09-26-02 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-26-02, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Has this been released or is it coming soon?
Old 09-26-02, 01:11 AM

Originally posted by indycohiba
Has this been released or is it coming soon?
I had to buy the Korean R3 version to watch this which is a great package and DVD. I don't expect an R1 release anytime soon if at all.

This release is better than the HK R3 release by the way.
Old 09-26-02, 09:08 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

i have r3 version. Il Mare is the better of the 3 listed. Failan is a different type of romance drama though. xmas in august is a good movie
Old 09-26-02, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by cirrus888
I had to buy the Korean R3 version to watch this which is a great package and DVD. I don't expect an R1 release anytime soon if at all.

This release is better than the HK R3 release by the way.
The HK R3 is actually R0. So if you need a cheaper alternative, there it is. No OST though.
Old 09-26-02, 02:34 PM

The HK R3 (R0) version is not cheap, there is only a few $'s in it but the HK version contains a very poor print ... it was released much earlier than the Korean version (about a year or more).

Failan induces the same feelings about love and life that august in christmas does ... I would say ...
Old 06-23-05, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, talk about digging up a thread!

Just watched it and I am curious to know - when Jung-won (the leading character) gets arrested for drunkenness (btw do Koreans get that a lot or what? ), the police station looked a lot like the one featured at the beginning of Oldboy (I rented Oldboy so I can't check it). Is it the same?