DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : The official DVD Talk SOCOM Clan: SPEC OTTS

jw2299
09-24-02, 09:28 PM
The SOCOM Clan is off and running! We've been having great turnouts and have been having a lot of fun playing against ourselves and others.

If you would like to join the clan, email me at angryj3000@yahoo.com or post in this thread so I can send you an invitation.

Any relevant updates to the clan, match times, and practice times will be posted here.

Please post practice times you'd like to see in this thread, or post practice times that you've set up on your own here. For example, if you'd like to practice on Thursday, post a message about practice on Thursday at the specified time and time zone, on the specified server so as many as possible can show up. Don't forget to include the name of and password for the room you've created if applicable.

If you do schedule a practice or match, please follow through. Set up your room on the server and wait at least 15 minutes for people to show up.

Update! - and Request
I just registered our clan at www.gamespy.com/socom . In thier clan registration, they ask for a clan logo. I know there are some kick_ass photoshoppers around here, so if anyone could make a Spec-Otts logo, that would be super cool. :D

Known Matches:
Match versus Home Theatre Forum Clan (HTF) - TBA

Current Practices:
Mondays at 8:00 PM Central Time, on US CENTRAL 1 or 2 server. Room name: DVD TALK. No PW.

Saturdays at 8:00 PM Central Time, US CENTRAL 1 or 2 server. Room Name: DVD TALK.

Gromit
09-25-02, 07:34 AM
Can you change your name but retain your stats? No big deal, just wondering if your rating has to start back at 0.

MasterofDVD
09-25-02, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by jw2299
I think everything goes back to 0.

Boston G, MasterofDVD: Socom says your ([DVD]) usernames aren't valid. Please post them again here exactly as they are typed so I can get you new invites.

The problem was that it seems [DVD]MasterofDVD is too long of a name to enter in. Guess I have to think of something else.

ivelostr2
09-25-02, 09:09 PM
Im gonna try and figure out a new name, my last one was too long with the DD at the beginning...
Ill get bakc to you

Lethal Nemesis
09-26-02, 01:27 AM
[DVD] Lethal

Ralph Wiggum
09-26-02, 11:17 PM
I just bought my NA and SOCOM and am loving them both! I'll probably be playing late at night most of the time.

I've emailed jw2299 for an invite. Looking forward to official clan games.

[DVD]_Wiggum

cowboy
09-27-02, 05:30 PM
anyone around now and wanna have a game tonight?

8PM eastern, if your interested. if more people are interested, we should set up a game. I'd do it, but my dsl upload speeds are horrible.

Lethal Nemesis
09-27-02, 06:02 PM
And that would make it 5 Pacific, right? :)

cowboy
09-27-02, 06:54 PM
can you add my new [dvd] name to the clan list?

its "[dvd] cowboy"

caiman
09-27-02, 09:41 PM
I am now [DVD] VIC VEGA

Thanks.

Lethal Nemesis
09-28-02, 03:13 PM
I saw and played with MasterofDVD the other night. Nice playing with another otter. :)

cowboy
09-28-02, 03:51 PM
Hey, cowboy, nice to see you online the other day. Too bad we had to play 2 vs 1. That was lame. I don't know why our game got disconnected either, but that happened to me 4 times that day.

last night was fun...I figured out some new ways to hide in the bush's, but by the time I jumped out I'd lost you guys again.

are we having a game this week? mon 8 central?

caiman
09-29-02, 04:07 PM
Just letting you guys know that I'm in for Monday night at 8. Can't wait.

[DVD] VIC VEGA

ME2
09-29-02, 04:28 PM
I finally got a Network Adapter, and I've had SOCOM for a couple weeks now. Anyway I'd like to get in on this gaming. Thanks, if anyone can help me out and tell me whatever info I need to know. Thanks

jw2299
09-29-02, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by ME2
I finally got a Network Adapter, and I've had SOCOM for a couple weeks now. Anyway I'd like to get in on this gaming. Thanks, if anyone can help me out and tell me whatever info I need to know. Thanks

Just set up a username on socom with the prefix [DVD] in front of it then post it here, and I'll send you an invite.

ME2
09-30-02, 12:41 AM
Thanks, I'll get to that tomorrow. Talk to you soon.

Cornemite
09-30-02, 01:23 PM
Hi, I'd like to join.

My name is [DVD] Convoy

Thrillhouse
09-30-02, 01:41 PM
Hey what does it take to join? I would love to; any open spots?

s}{ammer
09-30-02, 04:54 PM
whoa wait a sec, did you really setup a clan game at the same time as Monday night football? :) I'll be in after the Broncos wipe the field with the ratbirds. :)

cowboy
09-30-02, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by s}{ammer
whoa wait a sec, did you really setup a clan game at the same time as Monday night football? :) I'll be in after the Broncos wipe the field with the ratbirds. :)

wow...he's right. I can't make it to tonights also.

jw2299
09-30-02, 05:43 PM

D'oh! I sure did. Oh well, I'll set up the room anyway for anyone who wants to play.

boston george
09-30-02, 07:09 PM
Thats in 1 hour right? we're in Indianapolis and the time zones are all weird around here. anyway see you the, and by the way SCREW FOOTBALL (unless the Colts are playing)

vbellino
09-30-02, 07:22 PM
My new name is [DVD] ICEMAN

caiman
09-30-02, 07:31 PM
Oh come on people, who cares about football? Just switch back and forth, like when you die or something. I really wanted to see a lot of players tonight.

Lethal Nemesis
09-30-02, 08:41 PM
Well, I signed on and looked for any of you guys, but I only saw ICEMAN on the players list. Unfortunately, I couldn't find which specific game he was in, so I just played a few random games. Pretty fun. The team I played on came back from being down 0-5 to win it all. :D

Ralph Wiggum
09-30-02, 10:23 PM
Good game tonight. My network connection went out and I couldn't get back on. :(

I definitely need to practice more and am looking forward to the next game!

caiman
09-30-02, 10:42 PM
I think they are still playing, but I had to get off (I'm [DVD] VIC VEGA). I had a great time, and we had a pretty decent turnout (8 dvdtalk members I think). One thing we should do is decide on which game type we should play. While I enjoy demolition, I would have liked to play a little bit of everything. Maybe we should stick to a medely?

jw2299
09-30-02, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by LethaL Nemesis
Well, I signed on and looked for any of you guys, but I only saw ICEMAN on the players list. Unfortunately, I couldn't find which specific game he was in, so I just played a few random games. Pretty fun. The team I played on came back from being down 0-5 to win it all. :D

Oh man, Lethal, you missed it. There were some technical problems with disconnects and stuff, but we played with at least 8 players from our clan at a time.

Of course I really like this game, but this was the best time i've ever had playing SOCOM. I hope we can do it again soon. :):):)

caiman
09-30-02, 11:03 PM

Of course I really like this game, but this was the best time i've ever had playing SOCOM. I hope we can do it again soon. :):):)

Yep, it was a good time. I loved that last game. I planted the bomb, and you and I took watch. Then an enemy tossed a grenade at me, I barely escaped, and then he wasted me. The guy goes to difuse the bomb, gets to it with one second left, and gets his ass blown away. Some funny funny ****.

Cornemite
09-30-02, 11:06 PM
Oh man, Lethal, you missed it. There were some technical problems with disconnects and stuff, but we played with at least 8 players from our clan at a time.

It was a lot of fun. I was on as Convoy. I either survived through the whole thing or died a horrible death.

Maybe we can schedule more games during the week. Maybe we could work on tactics and whatnot, since we do have a standing challenge...

Vic, what was up during the jungle game. You got shot like 20 times and didn't die. :)

cartman
09-30-02, 11:11 PM
Fun stuff, but I had a couple problems. Maybe someone knows what would cause them:

1) In a few of the games, when I would fire my weapon (R1), it would also trigger either the command list to come up, or make me start changing my stance. If I left the game and returned, it might or might not go away.

2) At one point, it seemed like 4 of us were killed at the same time by Vic, then an invisible person came and took the bomb from my dead body.

Other than that, it was fun. I seem to be a bit better at the get\plant bomb levels than the deatmatch one we played.

caiman
09-30-02, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Cornemite

Vic, what was up during the jungle game. You got shot like 20 times and didn't die. :)

That was some serious lag. I noticed that at times we had a low ping rate (SOCOM server problems). But I have never lagged like that before. I noticed something was wrong when I shot a guy and didnt kill him, then I just died. But from everyone else's POV, I was a alive and kickin', just not dying. Lag sucks.

Ralph Wiggum
09-30-02, 11:25 PM
I'm definitely up for some more frequent games.

I thought that as time went on, especially in the blizzard level, the tactics and teamwork started to come together.

Lethal Nemesis
09-30-02, 11:49 PM

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun. Be sure to post whether you guys are going to have another practice other than Monday nights and what time is convenient for you.

ME2
10-01-02, 12:09 AM
I was on as dvdgopack2, I had a great time. This was my first time and I got to improve some, but I did get some good shots off and got a few kills. I had problems with my headset, was it tonight or is it normally like that. Anyway keep it updated when we'll play next, because I'd love to get in on that. Thanks. Later

s}{ammer
10-01-02, 12:16 AM
please post the next time we are getting together, I missed it all because of the game. I need all the practice I can get too. :)

Gallant Pig
10-01-02, 12:30 AM
Tough game slammer! When is the HTF thing going to happen?

cowboy
10-01-02, 12:32 AM
I wish I coulda played longer, but my headset broke. so I disconnected to try and fix it. I think someone pulled too hard on it or something.

does anyone know if theres a way to get the sound come out of the tv speakers instead of the headset? at least I could follow in structions instead of running around like a moron.

Gallant Pig
10-01-02, 12:37 AM
AFAIK, there's no way to get the sound to come out of the speakers instead of the headset. You could try taking the game back and telling them it was defective or something (maybe it was?).

ME2
10-01-02, 12:56 AM
I was wondering if there is anyone interested in playing tomorrow night. Tuesday night at 8,9, or 10 eastern. Just putting it out there to see if there is an interest by enough people.
Later

boston george
10-01-02, 01:06 AM
I'll play tomorrow. I had a blast tonight. I think we have some pretty good players on our clan. Let me know when we're gonna play again (or I'll just see you next week, same time ,same place). This is [DVD] Boston G, by the way

s}{ammer
10-01-02, 01:41 AM
Yeah it was tough. Denver came in flat and didn't deserve to win, though I was happy to see them come on strong and not quite in the second half. I have yet to play with more than one person from here. I really need some practice with these guys.

caiman
10-01-02, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by ME2
I was wondering if there is anyone interested in playing tomorrow night. Tuesday night at 8,9, or 10 eastern. Just putting it out there to see if there is an interest by enough people.
Later

I'm very interested. How about 8 central time?

s}{ammer
10-01-02, 02:06 AM
I'm in for tomorrow night. 8 central is what, 9 arizona?

Ralph Wiggum
10-01-02, 03:02 AM
6 in Arizona. :)

Cornemite
10-01-02, 09:45 AM
8 central is A-OK with me, too.

What server, and what room? :)

Alvis
10-01-02, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by cowboy

does anyone know if theres a way to get the sound come out of the tv speakers instead of the headset? at least I could follow in structions instead of running around like a moron.

Speaking of hearing instructions, I've never heard anything over my headset when playing online. Is it possible I have something set up wrong?

ME2
10-01-02, 12:13 PM
I'll be on tonight 8 central is 9 eastern for me. So I'll be there then. If no one else answers, how about CENTRAL 2 again. Look for DVDTALK. Who wants to set it up when they get online. Later

Cornemite
10-01-02, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Alvis
Speaking of hearing instructions, I've never heard anything over my headset when playing online. Is it possible I have something set up wrong?

Wasn't you... There were entire games where noone said anything.

caiman
10-01-02, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by ME2
I'll be on tonight 8 central is 9 eastern for me. So I'll be there then. If no one else answers, how about CENTRAL 2 again. Look for DVDTALK. Who wants to set it up when they get online. Later

That sounds good, u can go ahead and set it up if you'd like. Could you make it a medely? And set the capacity at 16. Any disagreements?

Alvis
10-01-02, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by caiman
That sounds good, u can go ahead and set it up if you'd like. Could you make it a medely? And set the capacity at 16. Any disagreements?

Sounds good to me, hopefully I'll be able to make it.

ME2
10-01-02, 06:08 PM
If we can't do it on CENTRAL 2, try the other CENTRAL's first. Just in case.

Lethal Nemesis
10-01-02, 06:15 PM
Ok, so we're playing tonight, 6 Pacific?

s}{ammer
10-01-02, 06:56 PM
I'm there

Alvis
10-01-02, 09:45 PM
Enjoyed the game tonight until I got kicked off for some reason. By the time I got logged back on the game was over. Apparently Dirty Steve didn't think too much of us DVD Talkers. Maybe we should start password protecting our games. The password could be fightclub. :)

s}{ammer
10-01-02, 10:13 PM
After we won the second game it kicked me out to the start menu again. Had a godo time though, nice to see plenty of us show up. I actually played better tonight than I usually do and thanks to the person who told me how to go fully auto with the gun. :)

jw2299
10-01-02, 10:34 PM
I missed it! I must have arrived too late. I played a couple of other games with some jokers, but it wasn't near as fun as playing on Monday night.

Cornemite
10-01-02, 11:15 PM
Enjoyed the game tonight until I got kicked off for some reason. By the time I got logged back on the game was over. Apparently Dirty Steve didn't think too much of us DVD Talkers. Maybe we should start password protecting our games. The password could be fightclub. :)

What did Dirty Steve say?

I think making our games Clan only would help us get to know each other's tendencies. We can play open games, but our "practices" should be closed.

What do you guys think?

Who's up for playing tomorrow night (Wed) at 8? :)

cartman
10-01-02, 11:27 PM
What did Dirty Steve say?

If memory serves, first he was starting the "DVD ****" talk, then wandered into the "your clan sucks" stuff. Just the typical 12 year old (or mentality of).

As a general statement, I apologize if I don't type too much in the chat room or use shortcuts in typing, but entering 1 character every 4 seconds gets annoying real fast.

Lethal Nemesis
10-01-02, 11:57 PM
After we won the second game it kicked me out to the start menu again. Had a godo time though, nice to see plenty of us show up. I actually played better tonight than I usually do and thanks to the person who told me how to go fully auto with the gun. :)
:D No problem.

Lethal Nemesis
10-01-02, 11:59 PM
Yeah, Dirty Steve was talking smack, but I don't think too much of stuff like that. I agree that our clan practices should be password protected. Then when we're ready for some real games with others, we can unlock the room or join another game.

Ralph Wiggum
10-02-02, 12:49 AM
I had a good time tonight as well. I left before Dirty Steve started pouting thankfully. I was kicked off after getting stuck at a lobby loading screen and came back, but about half of the people were gone.

I don't have a USB keyboard either so I really can't chat. I'll eventually crack and pick one up.

jw2299
10-02-02, 09:00 AM
Remember, you can always boot a-hole players out of the game with the cirlce button.

ivelostr2
10-02-02, 09:13 AM
Ill play tonight at 8:00, I need an invite though, I was in the other clan, but I didn't get an invite yet for this one.

My nam is [DVD] Tyrant

Remember, space between the [DVD] and Tyrant and the capital "T"

PS, what is this secret about going fully auto? mentioned a few posts up, Am i missing something

Cornemite
10-02-02, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by ivelostr2
Ill play tonight at 8:00, I need an invite though, I was in the other clan, but I didn't get an invite yet for this one.

My nam is [DVD] Tyrant

Remember, space between the [DVD] and Tyrant and the capital "T"

PS, what is this secret about going fully auto? mentioned a few posts up, Am i missing something

Your weapon. Click the L3, and you can go from single shot, burst, and full auto.

OK, so we'll be in Central 1 or 2. Who's gathering the game? Is anyone besides Lethal and I interested?

nightwing007
10-02-02, 03:48 PM
We could have a scrim!
:D

Seriously...
Its good that you guys are playing & having fun.
I'l be talking to your leader...

Lethal Nemesis
10-02-02, 08:08 PM
Are we playing tonight or something? If so, I may not be able to play until 8-9 p.m. Pacific. Sorry if that's too late for some of you. Maybe we can set something up on a Friday or Saturday.

Phuzbox
10-02-02, 09:04 PM
Just picked up Socom tonite. Gonna play a few single player games to get a feel for it then I'll get online under the name [DVD] Phuzbox.

ME2
10-02-02, 09:38 PM
I would be interested in Friday night maybe a little later. Is there any other interest out there?

s}{ammer
10-03-02, 12:24 AM
I'll probably be around later on Friday, if I work late I am not going to go out.

ivelostr2
10-03-02, 10:09 AM
Sat night would be great for me...

Lethal Nemesis
10-04-02, 01:58 AM
What time do you guys want to play?

jw2299
10-04-02, 03:50 PM
Should I put another scheduled time (or two) in the first post of the thread?

I understand that not everyone can play on Mondays at 8:00 my time, so Why don't we have one or two more set practice times, and people can volunteer to host the rooms on specified nights.

Thoughts?

Cornemite
10-04-02, 04:04 PM
Should I put another scheduled time (or two) in the first post of the thread?

I understand that not everyone can play on Mondays at 8:00 my time, so Why don't we have one or two more set practice times, and people can volunteer to host the rooms on specified nights.

Thoughts?

Good idea.

Maybe one on Monday, one in the middle of the week, and one on a weekend.

I'd be up for playing Saturday.

s}{ammer
10-05-02, 12:40 PM
Are we doing a game today? If so what time.

jw2299
10-05-02, 03:45 PM
I can play this evening, any time really.

Lethal Nemesis
10-05-02, 03:49 PM
I can play today, too. What time is good for you guys?

jw2299
10-05-02, 04:14 PM
How about the 8 Central thing?

It's 9 Eastern, 7 Mountain, and 6 Pacific.

s}{ammer
10-05-02, 04:47 PM
good for me, if I can get my son off TWB: online. :)

Lethal Nemesis
10-05-02, 05:07 PM
Sounds good. I'll be there unless something comes up.

jw2299
10-05-02, 05:51 PM
HTF wants to play with/against us tonight or Monday. I told them I'd set up a room called DVDTALK tonight at 8:00, no PW. Same deal with central 1 or 2 server. We may not have enough show up, so we could play mixed teams.

ivelostr2
10-05-02, 05:55 PM
ill be there

Alvis
10-05-02, 06:47 PM
Just call my name and...

Originally posted by ivelostr2
ill be there

jw2299
10-05-02, 07:35 PM
Just call my name and...

*rimshot*

Ughhh...:rolleyes:

s}{ammer
10-05-02, 07:40 PM
did we decide to not do passwords tonight?

outcastja
10-05-02, 10:56 PM
I played for a hour or so, pretty fun. It took me a few mintues to find the room, because I thought it was in either Central or Central 1.
Anyway I finally changed my name to: [DVD] Oh Well

Lethal Nemesis
10-06-02, 12:42 AM
Today was fun. I'm glad that we also got to play with some of the HTF guys, too. Too bad the last game crashed on me. Oh well.

s}{ammer
10-06-02, 01:55 AM
hey, we played a lot tonight and I learned alot, like those guys must play all the freakin time. I am such a noob compared to them. Sorry about that last game, I took nightwing and tyrant out. Can't win a game when you kill your entire team yourself. Time to practice. I kinda like the friendly fire on though. Once you get used to it. We do need more practice.

Lethal Nemesis
10-06-02, 02:02 AM
Yeah, we need to practic with FF on.

Right, j? ;) :p

cowboy
10-06-02, 02:28 AM
friendly fire has gotta be on...it makes things so much more exciting. I can't wait to get my replacement headset so I can play with you guys.

s}{ammer
10-06-02, 02:30 AM
yeah, early on J was taking all of us out, but I can't say anything since I wiped out my entire team at the end of the night. ;)

Cowboy, just play without the headset. Just pick one guy and follow him.

Lethal Nemesis
10-06-02, 02:31 AM
You killed your own team? I got disconnected during the last game. :)

s}{ammer
10-06-02, 02:42 AM
yeah it was nightwing, tyrant, and myself, I saw nightwing fighting them and I had a shot so I took it. The lag kicked in again though. I was killed right away and I had -2 points.

Lethal Nemesis
10-06-02, 02:57 AM
When's our next meeting?

s}{ammer
10-06-02, 03:33 AM
Monday night I think.

Cornemite
10-06-02, 10:56 AM
Monday night I think.

Man, it sounded like you guys had a lot of fun. I forgot I had a birthday to go to.

Will we play with passwords Monday? If so, how will the password be given out

s}{ammer
10-06-02, 11:05 AM
I think we have to play with passwords. If we don't use passwords and have friendly fire on it's not going to work. Random people will just come in and kill us. We did have a great time last night even though there was a bunch of lag. It also sucked how I found out we were playing with friendly fire on.

Angry J and I were walking out of the tunnel on Abandoned and we started receiving fire. J took off back in the tunnel with me right behind him and then spun around and shot me. :) I do really like the friendly fire option though. It makes it more realistic and you have to think before you shoot.

jw2299
10-06-02, 11:22 AM
Sorry about killing everyone on my own team! :p If it makes anyone feel better, I took out some of the HTF'ers when they were on our team too.

I definitely think we should practice with passwords on. Also, if we don't have enough people from our clan alone to have a good 2-teamed game, whomever creates the room has the option to assign clan members to a particular team. That way, whenever someone from the clan joins the game they will automatically be assigned to your team. That would be a good way to play a [DVD] vs. ??? game with friendly fire on.

I had tons of fun playing last night with our clan and with the HTF'ers. Lag was a problem, but I think it's going to be the nature of the beast until SOCOM servers get straightened out.

And now for the bad news. I won't be able to play online for at least a week! -eek- We're getting our floors refinished and we won't be at home for a week. After that, we won't be able to put furniture back in the room for a few more days. So, I won't be able to play Monday.

I'm also going to put another "regular" practice time in the first post of the thread so people who missed a session can play. How about Fridays or Saturdays at the same time?

Ralph Wiggum
10-06-02, 02:38 PM
I hope I can make it on Monday night.

I was wondering what is the latest that people can/are playing? I would love to get in some late night games, but I am on Mountain time so that can be difficult for people back east.

cartman
10-06-02, 03:17 PM
Sorry about my sporatic playing last night, but I kept getting kicked for some reason. It was pretty funny listening to the "terrorists" talk when I would join and be put on their team. Let's just say they didn't think too much of clan DVD :).

jw2299
10-06-02, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by cartman
Sorry about my sporatic playing last night, but I kept getting kicked for some reason. It was pretty funny listening to the "terrorists" talk when I would join and be put on their team. Let's just say they didn't think too much of clan DVD :).

Yeah, one guy in particular, Milk Man, when I played with some terrorists didn't like our clan. He kept saying how we sucked, but then he camped all game, every game and only had 2 kills after it was all over.

I know they didn't think to much of it, but when the chance to switch teams came, they all jumped on board as soon as they could. :lol:

s}{ammer
10-06-02, 05:06 PM
I was with cartman on the terrorists team when they were talking crap. The next round I simply started tossing grenades at the terrorists even though I was one of them. :)

Alvis
10-06-02, 05:26 PM
I was with cartman on the terrorists team when they were talking crap. The next round I simply started tossing grenades at the terrorists even though I was one of them. :)

How come we don't talk to each other? I'm not really sure it would help me, though, as I apparently suck. After 2 hours last night I finally gave up because I had gotten like 4 kills tota. :( Oh well....

cartman
10-06-02, 05:34 PM
How come we don't talk to each other? I'm not really sure it would help me, though, as I apparently suck. After 2 hours last night I finally gave up because I had gotten like 4 kills tota. :( Oh well....

On some levels "we" are chatty (mainly the "get the bomb" levels), and others, not so much. I don't say too much unless I am close to completing an objective, though I'm sure a little chatter would help the teamwork out.

s}{ammer
10-06-02, 06:09 PM
Yeah, we really need to work on team work. It got better the longer we played last night though. By the time we got to rats nest we were kicking some arse. I know my biggest flaw is that I do not know all the maps, so when we get to a map like rats nest I know it better so I am a little better playing there. That one bitter jungle I think it's called, I had never played it, so I was the last person alive and the terrorists set the bomb up, I went to their camp instead of ours and we lost. I think we should pick a couple maps and learn them well, also working on team work is a good idea.

Cornemite
10-06-02, 07:04 PM
Yeah, we really need to work on team work. It got better the longer we played last night though. By the time we got to rats nest we were kicking some arse. I know my biggest flaw is that I do not know all the maps, so when we get to a map like rats nest I know it better so I am a little better playing there. That one bitter jungle I think it's called, I had never played it, so I was the last person alive and the terrorists set the bomb up, I went to their camp instead of ours and we lost. I think we should pick a couple maps and learn them well, also working on team work is a good idea.

OK, so for tomorrow's game, we'll have a password and we'll start talking.

Last Monday, I noticed there wasn't a lot of talking, but on Tuesday, we began talking to each other. We should also select someone to gather the room and set the password. Would posting it here be a good idea, or would sending it through e-mail to the clan members work better?

s}{ammer
10-06-02, 07:10 PM
I would also suggest we get someone to start being our sniper. We need at least one person to fill each position, sniper is pretty important. There are a couple levels that are perfect for sniping. You know, we really need our own area to duscuss our strategy instead of posting it here in an open forum. Angry J we really need to kick it a bit here. The HTF guys are lightyears ahead of us right now.

Lethal Nemesis
10-06-02, 08:36 PM
So... where are we supposed to discuss our strategy?

s}{ammer
10-06-02, 08:45 PM
for now I guess here, but we really do need someplace private.

Cornemite
10-06-02, 09:09 PM
Why don't we start a private Yahoogroup or something? Angry J can send out invites to the clan members, and we can discuss strategy and whatnot there.

If we discuss any strategy here, we're telling our opponents what we're going to do.

boston george
10-07-02, 07:34 AM
So we're still on for tonight at 8 central right? If there is going to be a password e-mail it to me. I would be p***d if I didn't get to play.

Gromit
10-07-02, 08:07 AM
I think I can make 9 eastern (8 central) tonight. Post a clan message via the game, post here or send emails.

If someone wants to be a designated sniper, we need a cover man for him. Someone who can cover his back while he's blind to everything but his scope.

I'm no expert (not even close), but I'd also suggest teams of 2-3. Alpha team, Bravo team, etc. I do a lot better when I work with someone else.

Maybe 2 teams of 3, Alpha and Bravo, 1 sniper and 1 sniper's buddy.

Strategy of course would change depending on the game type and map.

Anyone ever set up a mailing list? That could be an alternative to a forum. Whichever is easier.

nightwing007
10-07-02, 10:46 AM
Guys,
I was just wondering if the HTF/DVD Talk practice is still on for tonight.
We can learn from each other, as well as keep the idiots(i.e. non-members/team players) out of the room.

Just let me know, Mr. Angry J.

Sincerely,
HTF-Nightwing
(your friendly neighborhood HTF SOCOM clan leader)

ME2
10-07-02, 12:02 PM
I can try to make it on tonight at 9. I do work so I may not be on right away. I'm dvdgopack2. I'll at least try to be on by 10 eastern though. If it's passworded I'll need that also. Thanks

Cornemite
10-07-02, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Gromit
I think I can make 9 eastern (8 central) tonight. Post a clan message via the game, post here or send emails.

If someone wants to be a designated sniper, we need a cover man for him. Someone who can cover his back while he's blind to everything but his scope.

I'm no expert (not even close), but I'd also suggest teams of 2-3. Alpha team, Bravo team, etc. I do a lot better when I work with someone else.

Maybe 2 teams of 3, Alpha and Bravo, 1 sniper and 1 sniper's buddy.

Strategy of course would change depending on the game type and map.

Anyone ever set up a mailing list? That could be an alternative to a forum. Whichever is easier.

I've set up mailing lists using yahoogroups before. I'm willing to do it if Angry J gives the OK.

I'd also like to snipe. I'm not too familiar with all of the boards, though... The spotter should know the boards like the back of their hand. Maybe even use a silenced weapon, in case the sniper misses some one, or if they have to kill to protect the sniper.

I also think dividing into teams would work well. maybe a machine gunner and 2 people with assault rifles. And lots more communication. If we're good, we can set up fields of fire and whatnot

s}{ammer
10-07-02, 12:56 PM
I'm in for tonight. I wouldn't make a good sniper so whomever wants that will hear no complaints from me.

jw2299
10-07-02, 01:41 PM
Cornemite I'm all for you setting up a Yahoo group. I think that would be best way to discuss strategy and passwords without prying eyes watching.

Remember, I won't be able to play tonight because I'm not at my house, and won't be all week. :( I hope everyone has a good time though.

As far as practice with HTF goes, you guys can work it out since I won't be around.

P.S. I LOVE the strategy and tactics talk going on. Keep it up! Again, have fun tonight, and post how it went here so I can read about it at work tomorrow.

:)

caiman
10-07-02, 02:49 PM
hey jw2299, did you send me a clan invite with my new name? [DVD] VIC VEGA. Last time I played i wasn't a clan member, but I have forgotten to check my invites recently. Thanks.

nightwing007
10-07-02, 02:56 PM
Guys,

I just saw the post that your leader won't be able to make it tonight.
If some of you still want to practice/play with/against us, have one of your clan members who has contact with others to PM me. (look at my profile)

I'm sure that we can help ya'll out !

HTF-Nightwing

Alvis
10-07-02, 05:28 PM
I will be there tonight.

Cornemite
10-07-02, 05:31 PM
Cornemite I'm all for you setting up a Yahoo group. I think that would be best way to discuss strategy and passwords without prying eyes watching.

Remember, I won't be able to play tonight because I'm not at my house, and won't be all week. :( I hope everyone has a good time though.

Ask and ye shall recieve.

I just set up specotts@yahoogroups.com. I've invited Angry J. Once he joins, I'll hand over mod repsonsibilities to him. All the other people who are in our clan can join by going to the yahoogroups site and signing up. Angry J and I will have the power to approve all members, so make sure you include your clan name in your sign up.

As far as practice with HTF goes, you guys can work it out since I won't be around.

P.S. I LOVE the strategy and tactics talk going on. Keep it up! Again, have fun tonight, and post how it went here so I can read about it at work tomorrow.

Should we be practicing with the enemy? ;)

s}{ammer
10-07-02, 05:33 PM
ah, they are wimps, we can take em. ;)

Lethal Nemesis
10-07-02, 05:40 PM

Should we be practicing with the enemy? ;)
"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

-- I forgot who said that. :o

s}{ammer
10-07-02, 05:42 PM
when I do a search for specotts it errors out.

Lethal Nemesis
10-07-02, 05:46 PM
I can't find specotts either.

Cornemite
10-07-02, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by LethaL Nemesis
I can't find specotts either.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/specotts/

That should work.

nightwing007
10-07-02, 05:54 PM
Listen, we will be in Asia Minor tonight at 9.
password will be : practice

If you DVDers want to join us, come on in!

HTF-Nightwing

Lethal Nemesis
10-07-02, 05:55 PM
Would that be 9 Eastern?

jw2299
10-07-02, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by caiman
hey jw2299, did you send me a clan invite with my new name? [DVD] VIC VEGA. Last time I played i wasn't a clan member, but I have forgotten to check my invites recently. Thanks.

I did send one to your new username, it's showing up on my "invited" list.

I'm all for the yahoo group, but I can't get to it yet. It may take a while, sort of like eBay listings. Thanks for setting it up!
-EDIT- Cornemite I signed up to be a member of the Specotts group but I can't get my confirmation email b/c our work computers won't let us go to any web-based mail service. I'll try to stop by the library to click the confirmation in yahoo mail this week.

Good luck tonight guys! Get those HTF's!:johnwoo:

Cornemite
10-07-02, 06:07 PM
I did send one to your new username, it's showing up on my "invited" list.

I'm all for the yahoo group, but I can't get to it yet. It may take a while, sort of like eBay listings. Thanks for setting it up!

That's wierd. I'm using it fine... I've even made you a moderator.

Try tomorrow morning

jw2299
10-07-02, 06:10 PM
Just noticed this on the Yahoo group page:

....Category: Hunting

:lol:

nightwing007
10-07-02, 06:29 PM
Yes, 9 eastern
Also Room is Asia North.

Alvis
10-07-02, 09:52 PM
Enjoyed tonight's game even though I was very bad. :( I need to figure out why I can't hear anyone on my headphone. Actually, in one game yesterday I could hear people. I don't know what was different then, but it is the only time I've every heard anyone. I'm using a D-Link DI-604 router. My headphones work fine in single player.

cowboy
10-07-02, 11:54 PM
I just signed up for the yahoo group...my user name is sheep112

Lethal Nemesis
10-08-02, 01:02 AM
It was fun playing with the HTFers, even though we got handled. Badly. At least we know what to work on.

Everyone watch out for Joboo. ;)

Ralph Wiggum
10-08-02, 01:29 AM
I just signed up for the Yahoo group with user name Adequacity.

Gromit
10-08-02, 08:00 AM
Even though they wiped us out, that was a lot of fun.

On Frostfire, half of 'em were wearing the bright yellow raincoats as terrorists and we still only took one round!

We need to plan a practive game soon. I guess we'll discuss it on the mailing list.

tavarua88
10-08-02, 09:12 AM
just signed up user name, tavarua88

jw2299
10-08-02, 09:44 AM
It looks like everyone had fun last night, wish I could've played too. I take it that HTF had thier way with us from the posts above. Don't get discouraged. Those guys take it very seriously and play together almost every night.

Cornemite
10-08-02, 10:23 AM
It looks like everyone had fun last night, wish I could've played too. I take it that HTF had thier way with us from the posts above. Don't get discouraged. Those guys take it very seriously and play together almost every night.

Yeah. it all comes down to teamwork and learning the boards.

Angry J, I'm going to leave it to you to approve the members for the Yahoo group. You know people's DVDTalk names and clan names. I approved a few folks who e-mailed me yesterday. Those of us on the ML should start discussing strategy and whatnot. :)

s}{ammer
10-08-02, 10:30 AM
Hey, I am d_broncofan on there but I couldn't send an email today. Guess I have not been approved. :)

Cornemite
10-08-02, 11:09 AM
Hey, I am d_broncofan on there but I couldn't send an email today. Guess I have not been approved. :)

Didn't know that was you... you are now. :)

ME2
10-08-02, 12:43 PM
I had a good time last night. Although I really stink still, I did get a few kills. Anyway I'm having trouble signing up with the yahoo SOCOM group. So I don't know what to do next.

s}{ammer
10-08-02, 01:59 PM
hey ME2, you didn't talk much if at all last night, do you not have the headset?

Cornemite
10-08-02, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by ME2
I had a good time last night. Although I really stink still, I did get a few kills. Anyway I'm having trouble signing up with the yahoo SOCOM group. So I don't know what to do next.

What trouble are you having?

There are 3 memberships still pending. These are people whose e-mail addresses I didn't recognize.

tavarua88
10-08-02, 02:26 PM
What trouble are you having?

There are 3 memberships still pending. These are people whose e-mail addresses I didn't recognize.
one might be me, i really haven't played that much, but starting to get in to it. s}{ammer can vouch for me, do i have to change my user name?

ME2
10-08-02, 02:55 PM
My email is bmohr, so you know. I don't know if that's there or not. Just so you know.

Cornemite
10-08-02, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by ME2
My email is bmohr, so you know. I don't know if that's there or not. Just so you know.
Nope, it isn't. What problem are you having?

Ralph Wiggum
10-08-02, 05:18 PM
My email for the Yahoo group should be Adequacity@yahoo.com just in case.

[DVD]_Wiggum

vbellino
10-08-02, 05:24 PM
I'm dvd_iceman on the Yahoo group.

boston george
10-08-02, 07:22 PM
I still need to be approved for the Yahoo group. My name should be dvdbostongeorge.

jw2299
10-08-02, 08:20 PM
Cornemite, could you keep doing the mod work on the yahoo group for the rest of this week? I'm still not in my house and not able to get my yahoo email, or any email for that matter.

Also, could you make my angryj3000 yahoo id the mod one? I only use the jw2299 one for spam email and it's pretty easy for messages to get lost in there b/c it gets about 200 per day. Thanks for all the work you've done for the clan!

p.s. I'm typing this on my in-law's computer from a free juno acct, so the viewable screen area is only about 6 inches high and it's d....i....a....l...u....p..........ARGH! :)

boston george
10-08-02, 09:37 PM
whats the password for the game going on right now?

Cornemite
10-08-02, 10:28 PM
Cornemite, could you keep doing the mod work on the yahoo group for the rest of this week? I'm still not in my house and not able to get my yahoo email, or any email for that matter.

Also, could you make my angryj3000 yahoo id the mod one? I only use the jw2299 one for spam email and it's pretty easy for messages to get lost in there b/c it gets about 200 per day. Thanks for all the work you've done for the clan!

Done and Done ;)

Boston George , I don't see your membership request. Try submitting it again.

actyper
10-09-02, 09:40 AM
Hey do you guys have any newbie training meets? Just started playing and eventually hope to be good enough to join a clan!

ivelostr2
10-09-02, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by actyper
Hey do you guys have any newbie training meets? Just started playing and eventually hope to be good enough to join a clan!

Pretty much ever meet is a newbie training meet, we suck as of now...

s}{ammer
10-09-02, 08:17 PM
game on in us central 2
[dvd] practice
same password as last game

tavarua88
10-09-02, 09:29 PM
are u guys being selective about who joins?

s}{ammer
10-09-02, 11:44 PM
nah, just join us and learn as you go. I killed myself 2 round in a row with grenades tonight. Of course I was trying all night to work on my grenades so it is ok. I was getting much better.

ivelostr2
10-10-02, 09:58 AM
nah, just join us and learn as you go. I killed myself 2 round in a row with grenades tonight. Of course I was trying all night to work on my grenades so it is ok. I was getting much better.

You know, I wondered how you were -1 2 rounds in a row. Atleast I know it was in the name of research...

s}{ammer
10-10-02, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I was working on grenades all night. I got pretty good though, I won at least 6 or 7 rounds all night using them. I am getting better at switching weapons and i have taken the suggestion of making the grenade my secondary weapon to make it quicker. Those two in a row were odd. I tossed a grenade out the door and I could have sworn I saw it go out the door, then I turn towards the other door and I was hit. The second one I think hit the wall and bounced all the way back to me.

ivelostr2
10-10-02, 10:17 AM
yeah, you got me a few times with the grenades.
btw, Iceman could hear me fine, so it must have either been the room or you headset, have you had any other problems?

vbellino
10-10-02, 11:27 AM
I had a great time playing last night. I still feel like I'm only making baby steps but atleast we're having fun.

dvd_iceman

Alvis
10-10-02, 12:03 PM
Seems my headset problems are a router issue. I have the D-Link DI-604. I've had it a little too long to return it so guess I'll be selling it on Ebay. See this link for router details:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=socom&message.id=3974

tavarua88
10-10-02, 01:23 PM
hmm just wondering why my membership is still pending...

Cornemite
10-10-02, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by tavarua88
hmm just wondering why my membership is still pending...

You should be good to go. You just showed up on my pending list.

jw2299
10-14-02, 02:20 PM
Angry J reporting for duty!

I'm finally back, and will be there for tonight's practice! See you there! :)

jw2299
10-14-02, 05:49 PM
is anyone going to play tonight?

vbellino
10-14-02, 06:03 PM
I'll probably be on between 9 - 10 EST.

s}{ammer
10-14-02, 06:24 PM
I'll be there, been playing all day, columbus you rock. ;)

jw2299
10-15-02, 11:14 AM
On the yahoo group, who is Ashtocks? There is a pending membership, but I'm not going to approve it unless I know who it is. Especially after reading his profile.

Gromit
10-15-02, 11:36 AM
Hey jw,

Can you send a clan invite to [DVD]BuckyKatt?

I created a new account a week or so ago, while you were out of pocket.

Thanks.

jw2299
10-15-02, 11:57 AM
Sure, look for it tonight.

vbellino
10-15-02, 12:46 PM
Is anybody else having trouble keeping all of the names straight between the message board the yahoo group and the SOCOM id's? Maybe we can post some sort of cross reference list somewhere. Just a suggestion.

Alvis
10-15-02, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by vbellino
Is anybody else having trouble keeping all of the names straight between the message board the yahoo group and the SOCOM id's? Maybe we can post some sort of cross reference list somewhere. Just a suggestion.

Yes, I am, except for mine. :)

But no matter what names you go by, I've enjoyed playing with you guys lots more than the random encounters I've had while playing without the clan. There are some real losers and people who need to get a life out there, as you would expect.

vbellino
10-15-02, 01:32 PM
Yeah like the moron last night who started shooting all of us. I think his name was Fruhmann or something like that.

Lethal Nemesis
10-15-02, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by vbellino
Either that, or each member can do what I did and create a public profile with the same username they use when they play Socom. :)

jw2299
10-15-02, 09:25 PM

... I've enjoyed playing with you guys lots more than the random encounters I've had while playing without the clan. ....

Same here. :thumbsup:

IamFlip
11-15-02, 07:13 PM
I want to join in!

[DVD] IamFlip

jw2299
11-15-02, 11:00 PM
I sent you an email. Welcome aboard. :)