Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Carson Daly conducts a GOOD interview?!?!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-02, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to give him props. His interview with Jason Lee was highly entertaining & informative. AND he gave him close to half hour to talk.

He & Jason talked about why MTV sucks. The difference between working on a Major & Indie film. And the reason he's promoting the hell outta Stealing Harvard. [He's trying to prove to the studios that he can carry a film so he can do Fletch Won directed by Kevin Smith.] I guess i'm going to have to see Stealing Harvard now...

Well...on second thought...i'm sure 99.99% of the praise was due to Jason. But, I tried.
Old 09-21-02, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What did him and Jason say about MTV?
Old 09-21-02, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
He read a quote from Jason [don't know the source] about how bad MTV sucked and how he would never do anything for them and how they were responsible for the demise of good music. [i'm paraphrasing of course, there was more. ]

Carson told him they way he looks at it is that they're a "machine".
Old 09-23-02, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I give Carson credit for not being afraid to talk about anything. I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time he's had a guest trash MTV on while on his NBC show. I liked that Carson admitted that after 5 years on MTV he's not sure whether they program the music they do because it's popular or that they just force feed it and make it popular.

Unfortunately his NBC show isn't what I hoped it would be. The first show was pretty good. He had Alicia Keys for the entire show and conducted the interview while she was sitting at the piano. It ended up being like most of the other talk shows. He has some actor on for 15 minutes then a band plays a couple of songs. I wish he'd interview more of the musical guests. I don't see why talking to an actor should be more interesting than talking to a musician.
Old 09-23-02, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I don't necessarily think Carson interviewing musicians would be a good thing. As it is, it feels like TRL lite.

But, I wish that Dave or Conan would interview a band after they play.