Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

E-Reader - anyone try it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-02, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-Reader - anyone try it?

Has anyone tried the E-reader? It seems like a cool idea but at the same time I'm not sure it's more than a novelty. Especially if you have Animal Crossing. It seems like all the classic NES games that you can buy for the E-reader for $4.99 are the same games you can win and download to your GBA in Animal Crossing.

Thoughts?
Old 09-17-02, 07:51 PM

Nobody got this? I ordered it last week from Bestprices.com for $30.84 with free shipping but it didn't ship yet. Amazon has an e-reader value card pack that sure looks like it comes with the reader for $19.99 . (serach for e-reader) There is no description with it and it is a preorder for 9/19. EB games is selling it for $44.99 with a starter pack but supposedly the E-Readers themselves all come with the starter pack. Buy.com had it for $28 plus shipping but it is gone now. Not completely comfortable with my purchase but not sure enough I won't want it to cancel.

Has anybody seen the actual cards in any store? I didn't want to order any because I'm not sure what will come with the reader.
Old 09-17-02, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Just went to EB and they had it and the cards. I didn't get it yet because all the NES games are in Animal Crossing anyway.
Old 09-18-02, 12:57 AM

I'll probably wait until more puzzle games are available for it. Can you image Tetris on the e-Card? I'm sure it's small enough to fit on a couple cards.
Old 09-18-02, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It just seems to big for me to want to use it on a consistant basis! I mean I installed the afterburner, because I was tired of the crappy light sticking out of the end of my GBA. I think if this reader was smaller then I might reconsider. I want GBA with bluetooth, now that would kick arse!
Old 09-18-02, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by NeonGlow
I'll probably wait until more puzzle games are available for it. Can you image Tetris on the e-Card? I'm sure it's small enough to fit on a couple cards.
Why don't you just get the gameboy version of tetris?
Old 09-18-02, 04:26 PM

I already do have Tetris for the Gameboy, but there's something cool about the game fitting on a couple cards that only costs $5. I hope Nintendo releases Dr. Mario and Yoshi's Cookies on the e-Card.
Old 09-18-02, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

IGN reviewed it and gave it a 9.0 or better, don't remember. They said it was must have. we'll see...
Old 09-18-02, 06:09 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I picked it up yesterday with the DK JR. Pack-in, and I bought Balloon Fight.

I havn't had much time to actually use it, buts its pretty cool I suppose. Its true DK and other NES Games come on 5 cards, but its ALOT of work to get them to run. Youhave to scan 5 cards, 2 times each. Thats scanning them 10 imes, just to get the game to start. If you can deal with this, fine. I can...for now....

I also used the Animal Crossing card and unlocked a K.K. Slider song. I am REALLY looking forward to the other NES Games, as well as the Animal Crossing cards. Right now, its kinda pointless to own this, but in a month or so....it will be HOT!