Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

How is FIFA Soccer 2002 for PS2?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-17-02, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wonder if FIFA Soccer 2002 for PS2 is good or not.
I read a lot of good reviews about this game.
However, when I read the review from Amazon UK, the review is not so good:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...Go.x=6&Go.y=12

Are they the same games?
Old 09-17-02, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've read some reviews of both fifa 2002 and world cup. ign says they're pretty similar, with fifa having more, of everything. I've only played world cup, so I'm guessing fifa should be the same, if not better. I think world cup is amazing. the passing and shooting system is sick. you push your control stick in the direction you want to pass. its amazing when you get the hang of it. the game takes advantage of the analog buttons too. if you press down deep, the ball goes higher than if you press it lightly.

I think the reviewers on that amazon site are looking for something more arcadey, maybe ISS. give fifa some time and you'll have a lot of fun. especially with 3 more friends.
Old 09-17-02, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Having played both of EA's Fifa games for 2002 (World Cup and just plain 2002) I have to say that I actually preferred plain ol' 2002 over World Cup. I'd wait for 2003 if you're in no hurry, but if you can pick up 2002 for cheap, it's a great game. I'm a huge soccer fan and EA hands down makes the best soccer game. 2002 is simply the best out of the 2... it's more fun and has better music and more options. Some of the things about World Cup were better, but the music sucked and there were limited teams (of course). My favorite in 98 was Road to the World Cup 97 cuz you could play with more teams and go all the way to the cup and it had more options than you could shake a stick at. I was assured at E3 that fifa 2003 would please me.