Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Shaolin Soccer 2 Disc Special Edition?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 09-17-02, 02:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just saw this in the KFC forums and the reviewer said that the picture quality is better than the Hong Kong disc. That, plus the fact that I don't have to see those annoying logos on the special version is really tempting me to get the Korean version. Does anyone know where I can find one of these versions?
Old 09-17-02, 03:21 AM

You'll have to go to the usual Korean stockists although it will cost twice as much the Hk version.

krdvd.com
yeon.com
koreandvd.com
yesasia.com
Old 09-18-02, 10:12 AM

got the korean 2-disc and is definitely better than the hk dvd.

you can choose between a normal version without the icons or a version with the icons that get you the extended scenes. only this time the extra scenes only come with korean subs.

the making of and bloopers are with english subs

+ xtra music video 'kung fu fighting' and us 'kung fu soccer' trailer

picture and audio quality are good but not sure of it's actually better than the hk dvd cause i don't have it anymore. but with the extras on a separate disc the quality could be better....

it also looks a lot better than the hk release. 2-disc amaray in a nice slipcase.

glad i got this version
Old 09-18-02, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Sounds like it's not quite "definitely better" than the HK version. I think I'll hang on to my HK disc for now until I hear from more people. It actually sounds worse than the HK version in all respects except for the audio/video quality - and even that only sounds like a maybe. The making of and bloopers having english subs is a plus. I always love the Korean packaging. Korean subs only on the extra footage is suck. There's still icons and that's suck too. Knowing me, I'll probably pick it up anyway at some point.
Old 09-18-02, 02:52 PM

well, you know there's hardly any talking goin on in the extended scenes
Old 09-18-02, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by sunny crockett
well, you know there's hardly any talking goin on in the extended scenes
Except for my favorite scene where he breaks it to that girl that they are just friends after she gets the horrible makeover.
Old 09-18-02, 09:51 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Trigger
Except for my favorite scene where he breaks it to that girl that they are just friends after she gets the horrible makeover.
I definitely agree! I love all the extra scenes, especially the break out and dance scene at the food stall. I think this is the version to get. Non-Chinese speaking folks like myself definitely appreciate the subtitled extras of the making of and outtakes. It's more funny when you actually understand what they messed up on in the outtakes.
Old 09-18-02, 10:37 PM

I watched my Hong Kong Universe Laser & Video DVD again about an hour ago. An absolutely amazing film.

I always order a few Chow films at DDDHouse whenever I place an order.

Originally posted by sexygal910
Non-Chinese speaking folks like myself definitely appreciate the subtitled extras of the making of and outtakes. It's more funny when you actually understand what they messed up on in the outtakes.
Isn't it Cantonese and not Chinese? (And no, I can't speak Cantonese either!)
Old 09-19-02, 07:25 AM

Cantonese and Mandarin are both considered to be "Chinese".