Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Anyone else tired of these "anyone else" threads?

grunter
09-13-02, 07:32 PM
Or am I just the only one who finds these blatant opportunities to rip on some niche-audience, fan-favorite musicians tedious and pretty pointless? Let's just summarize ALL OF THESE THREADS, shall we?

Your "insert favorite band" sucks. Your "insert favorite band" roolz. The end.

Or is this just forum crapping in general?

rocketsauce
09-14-02, 02:27 AM
yes, yes i am. unfortunatley what i have found out in this forum is that everyone thinks they know everything about music. and also that the bands they like are the only bands you should listen to, and the bands they dislike should never be listened to. (casr in point: the former poster Guitar God) this sad fact is why i barely ever come into this sad sad forum of ridiculous "opinions".

Andalusia
09-14-02, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by rocketsauce
yes, yes i am. unfortunatley what i have found out in this forum is that everyone thinks they know everything about music. and also that the bands they like are the only bands you should listen to, and the bands they dislike should never be listened to. (casr in point: the former poster Guitar God) this sad fact is why i barely ever come into this sad sad forum of ridiculous "opinions".

There's actually quite a bit of open-minded people who frequent the music talk forum. Maybe you should visit more often...

And I miss Guitar God. Did you know that Jimmy Page was his guitar god? Cosmic.

atlantamoi
09-14-02, 08:27 AM
Personally, I don't have a problem with people ragging on bands... I usually find it kind of funny. I'm not persuaded to dislike music because someone else thinks what I like sucks. A lot of people in here dig hair bands and sometimes I just can't hold back making some snide remark. Maybe it's from reading too many record reviews over the years because I sure wouldn't walk up to a friend and laugh at the clothes they were wearing (unless it was a girdle on a guy).

Ralph Wiggum
09-14-02, 09:45 AM
I enjoy criticism that is at least somewhat constructive or funny.

"___________" sucks is rarely either.

devilpants
09-14-02, 02:01 PM
It can't be stressed enough: a post on a thread is simply one person's opinion. If you don't like their opinion, simply move on to the next post. It always amazes me how ballistic people get over one post, as if someone committed some grave error by expressing their views. So you like Led Zeppelin, I hate them, but I don't hate you for liking them.

isamu
09-14-02, 03:55 PM
i think it has to do with the m&m thing

Groucho
09-14-02, 04:42 PM
One question: it's not subjective to say that Creed sucks, right? We all agree that it's a fact, and not up for debate?

GuessWho
09-14-02, 05:06 PM
I like Creed. Bite me.

Rypro 525
09-14-02, 08:52 PM
right on GuessWho, you and i both have at least one thing in common and they do not sound one thing like pearl jam!

rocketsauce
09-15-02, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Rypro 525
right on GuessWho, you and i both have at least one thing in common and they do not sound one thing like pearl jam!

Honest to god, Scott Stapp took a swing at me for saying that.