Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Final Fantasy 10 *MOVIE* DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-02, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Fantasy 10 *MOVIE* DVD?

Has anyone seen this around? It's like 2 DVDs, over 6 hours of CG footage apparently. Just a long movie using the CG from the game. For those who have played FFX, do you think it would be possible to take all of the CG cut scenes and turn them into a coherent movie? Will I be able to understand the story?

I have little interest in playing the game, but I do love Square's CG - especially when it's applied to the colourful fantasy worlds & designs of the games instead of the dreary aliens-clone used in the actual Hollywood FF film.
Old 09-12-02, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they do this for every Square game since CG became big in video games.

usually done over seas really and sold as that.

Will it make a coherent.. thats another question. but they are nice to look at after you beat the game or played through it some.
Old 09-12-02, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I remember hearing about it. its in japan only region 3.
yes, it is all the cg cutscenes played in order to make a movie

ill try to find some linkage

edit:

ok im wrong, its region 0.
these guys seem to have it in stock

Last edited by squidget; 09-12-02 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-12-02, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by squidget

edit:

to bad they are bootlegs. but in any case, since there is no official release of these(to my knowledge) it think all you can get is boots.

FF:U is an anime series(not that good for that matter) and you can tell by the logo it's a 15 buck bootleg.
Old 09-12-02, 08:34 PM

they are bootleg homebrew dvd's. These always pop up on ebay a few weeks after a new FF game comes out, but Digicube (square's japanese retail company) has never released any of these dvd movies.

As for as making a coherant movie, I'm gonna say no, it most likely won't show any of the traveling, side conversations, or talking to characters (in towns and between party members). It'll probably seem disconnected when they're in one town and all of a sudden appear the next one.
Old 09-13-02, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

edit:

For future reference... Japan is Region 2.

I've seen some Chinese sites carrying this sort of DVD and I've been curious. This would be good for someone who hates the gameplay of the FF games but who wants to see the cool movies. That would be me, but I still wouldn't buy it - I'd rather rent it or borrow it or something.
Old 09-13-02, 10:50 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
For future reference... Japan is Region 2.

I've seen some Chinese sites carrying this sort of DVD and I've been curious. This would be good for someone who hates the gameplay of the FF games but who wants to see the cool movies. That would be me, but I still wouldn't buy it - I'd rather rent it or borrow it or something.
always thought japan was r3, mainly because all my dvds i order from japan are in this format. oh well.

i thought there was a real version being released, sort of like the way they did shenmue: the movie. its pretty much all the
in-game movies put together on one dvd.
Old 09-13-02, 01:23 PM

i thought there was a real version being released, sort of like the way they did shenmue: the movie. its pretty much all the
in-game movies put together on one dvd.
I think you might be thinking of the dvd they are making called Final Fantasy: The Adventure Bible, which is a 3 dvd set of information information about FFI all the way up to XI with conept art, promotional footage, stuff like that. There are probably movies on it too, no one really knows because it hasn't come out yet and its japan only, but I'm pretty positive its not a collection of the in-game movies.
Old 09-13-02, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the info, guys. I appreciate it.
Old 09-13-02, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
always thought japan was r3, mainly because all my dvds i order from japan are in this format. oh well.

Region 1 - The U.S., U.S. territories and Canada
Region 2 - Europe, Japan, the Middle East, Egypt, South Africa, Greenland
Region 3 - Taiwan, Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong
Region 4 - Mexico, South America, Central America, Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Caribbean
Region 5 - Russia (okay, former Russia), Eastern Europe, India, most of Africa, North Korea, Mongolia
Region 6 - China
Old 09-13-02, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Funny though, the site up there has bootlegs from Ebay yet state :

'All DVD’s are licensed by Anime Cartoon International Inc. or Manga International Inc. Warning: The copyright proprietor has licensed the film(including its soundtrack) comprised in DVD video disc for home only. All other rights are reserved. By Manga and Anime Cartoon International.'
Old 09-14-02, 12:16 AM

Anime Cartoon International. God I hate them. Do they still have their yahoo.com e-mail address on the packaging?

What's even better is the movies have English subtitles. But it was translated from Japanese into Chinese, then into English. Gotta love how bad it came out.

Besides, with FFX, you can watch all the cutscenes whenever you want anyway in Luca.