Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Any word on Jeremiah next season?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-02, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any word on Jeremiah next season?

As far as I know, Jeremiah has not been cancelled. I have heard rumors of a short season though, like only 13 episodes or so. Is there anything concrete out there about how many episodes there will be next year and when the next season starts?

I've gotten hooked on the show...heres hoping they at least get the chance to wrap up the storyline.

-C00K
Old 09-04-02, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C00Ki3!!!

Last I heard, Showtime had renewed them for 15 episodes, a drop from the 20 hours of the first season. Good news is that other Showtime series are also being renewed in reduced episode counts, very likely in an attempt to compete with the way HBO does business. Last thing I heard jms say on the subject was that they were very close and things looked good for a second season. Haven't heard him comment on the announcement of its renewal or the addition of executive producer Grant Rosenberg yet.

das

P.S. Shoot me an e-mail and let me know how you're doing.
Old 09-04-02, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is good news indeed. Jeremiah and Odyssey 5 have "forced" me to pay for Showtime, and I'm loving it.
Old 09-04-02, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Good news is that other Showtime series are also being renewed in reduced episode counts, very likely in an attempt to compete with the way HBO does business.
Complaints on the QAF boards are that last year's season contained a ridiculous amount of filler. Fewer eps would definitely be better, it seems, for at least one Showtime creative team.
Old 09-06-02, 01:16 PM

Its strange that many people think that only those episodes that advanced the overall arc were needed. I think that standalone episodes (not "filler") are just as neccesary.

Not to say that perhaps fewer episodes isn't a good idea. Somehow, all the shows on TV that create shorter seasons seem to be able to consolidate all their creativity and pack each episode with a higher level of quality. Take a look at The Shield, Sopranos, SFU.

BTW das, I sent you off an e-mail. Its been a while!

-C00Ki3