Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : NCAA Football: Sept. 1st

twikoff
09-01-02, 10:18 AM
Louisiana State vs. Virginia Tech Game begins at 2:30 PM ET
North Carolina Central University vs. North Carolina A&t Game begins at 4:00 PM ET
Kentucky vs. Louisville Game begins at 6:00 PM ET
Miles College vs. Alabama State Game begins at 8:00 PM ET

twikoff
09-01-02, 02:27 PM
penalty and a good punt return leads to the first VT touchdown
now they blocked a punt.. and score another touchdown

VT up 14-0, early in the 2nd qtr

Josh H
09-01-02, 02:44 PM
VT is definitely going to be tough this year.

Ranger
09-01-02, 02:46 PM
Dammit! Hope LSU can come back...

twikoff
09-01-02, 04:01 PM
wow.. you know lsu is in trouble with stuff like that happens

the ball hits the lsu receiver right in the hands, he drops it and then kicks it up in the air right into the va tech receiver for an interception :lol:

17-0 va tech.. less then a minute left in the 3rd qtr

Ranger
09-01-02, 04:04 PM
OMG! I can't believe the announcer even said "Mauch threw it too hard!" Its a fricking football not an egg!

twikoff
09-01-02, 04:06 PM
yea really.. he is a receiver.. it hit him in the hands.. he should have caught it.. thats what he is being paid to do...

oh wait.. no, thats FSU ;)

twikoff
09-01-02, 04:08 PM
and va tech starts the 4th qtr with another td..
the big plays are killing lsu
(well, and the lack of an offense)

24-0 with about 14:00 remaining in the game

Ranger
09-01-02, 04:11 PM
All of the receivers are dropping the balls, LSU's D is decent but their O has got to come out. I can't watch anymore of this, keep me updated!

twikoff
09-01-02, 04:28 PM
well.. LSU managed a touchdown and went ahead and got the 2 pt conversion to make it 24-8 and get within 2 scores (and 2 pt conversions)..

va tech fumbled the kickoff around the 15 yard line and almost lost it.. that could have put lsu back in business in a hurry.. now they are going to have to rely heavily on their defense.. with about 9:30 left to play

twikoff
09-01-02, 04:39 PM
LSU just went for it on 4th down and didnt make it.. so that gives va tech good field position.. so they are able to just try to run down the clock as much as possible.. about 5:30 left to play

and the fans are all chanting 'over rated'

twikoff
09-01-02, 04:47 PM
and another dropped pass by lsu.. this one on 4th and 5
and that pretty much ends this game

Ranger
09-01-02, 04:48 PM
Ayyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiii! My roommate is watching the game and just said LSU blew it on 4th down and its all over! :(

twikoff
09-01-02, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Ranger
Ayyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiii! My roommate is watching the game and just said LSU blew it on 4th down and its all over! :(

well.. for what its worth.. it was probably over before that miss.. but yea, that pretty much clinched it..
although va tech seems to be content to just run the clock, rather then trying to run up the score

twikoff
09-01-02, 04:55 PM
and the LSU punt was blocked in the endzone for a safety.. so its 26-8 now

i dont even think va tech was trying to block that.. they just walked in.. the lsu kicked didnt get his feet set and he ran around a little bit.. then a defense just kindof stuck his hand out and knocked it away.

Ranger
09-01-02, 04:58 PM
I dunno what teh hell is wrong with the punter and the receivers... Seems like they WANT to lose. But thank god its over.

twikoff
09-01-02, 05:46 PM
I dunno what teh hell is wrong with the punter and the receivers... Seems like they WANT to lose. But thank god its over.

i believe i counted 5 dropped passes.. a couple of those were to toefield
but the qb didnt do a very good job either.. the offense was pretty much non existent.. they definitly will need a make a big improvement before they start their league schedule

zak52
09-01-02, 06:00 PM
Is Scott Mitchell the QB for Kentucky? It sure does look like him.

Josh H
09-01-02, 06:04 PM
The offense was pretty bad, but keep in mind VT has one of the best defenses in college football.

Ranger
09-01-02, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by twikoff

i believe i counted 5 dropped passes.. a couple of those were to toefield
but the qb didnt do a very good job either.. the offense was pretty much non existent.. they definitly will need a make a big improvement before they start their league schedule

From what I saw it looked like the receivers (or anybody that Mauck threw to) dropped the ball too many times. I would blame Mauck for getting sacked, not throwing bad passes. Their O sucked, D was alright, special teams- so so.

twikoff
09-01-02, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by zak52
Is Scott Mitchell the QB for Kentucky? It sure does look like him.

:lol:

thats Jared Lorenzen.. gotta love picking on him
listed at 6-4, 275lbs.. but I think he probably should have put his other foot on the scale too..

Mumme once told the announcers that when a player screws up, their punishment is to bring a box of donuts to the next team meeting, and that jared always eats them all...

kentucky just added another touchdown.. but blew the extra point.. up 16-0 now

Pac-Rat
09-01-02, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
The offense was pretty bad, but keep in mind VT has one of the best defenses in college football.
While that may be true (we may actully find out this year since they're playing good teams for once,sans '99), LSU beat themselves. The defense capitalized on missed blocking assignments, fumbles, badly thrown passes, et al. They didn't really force any of those errors.

Pac-Rat
09-01-02, 06:32 PM

From what I saw it looked like the receivers (or anybody that Mauck threw to) dropped the ball too many times. I would blame Mauck for getting sacked, not throwing bad passes. Their O sucked, D was alright, special teams- so so.
I'm going with equal blame on both the receivers and Mauck.
Mauck looked like he was being pressured, yet most of the time nobody was around. Like one of his first deep balls-Mauck was throwing to the sideline and the receiver was near the hashmark. Although Mauck could have a timing problem. Wasn't expecting much from the receivers anyway, so anything they caught was a bonus. Speaking of time-nice clock management there at the end.:rolleyes: I know the game was pretty much over, but come on- show some leadership and get something going.
The defense is actually better than I thought they'd be-hopefully they'll continue to improve.

Pac-Rat
09-01-02, 06:36 PM
Oh, and a big :thumbsup: to the Hokie fans. IMO, they have some of the best fans around.

SpacemanSpiff
09-01-02, 07:53 PM
freakin lane stadium was rocking today, damn im tired from that game. too much pregaming! :)

its sooo much better live

did you all hear us saying overrated? anyone? anyone?

twikoff
09-01-02, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff

did you all hear us saying overrated? anyone? anyone?

the announcers pointed it out a few times

twikoff
09-01-02, 08:33 PM
wow.. some excitement to end the kentucky/louisville game.. louisville tried to make the big play with laterals.. but it didnt work out..

another ranked team loses to an unranked team :D

final score 22-17

Pac-Rat
09-01-02, 08:58 PM

another ranked team loses to an unranked team :D

Odd that you mention that...and there's a ranked team playing an unranked team on Monday night.
Hmmmm....

SpacemanSpiff
09-01-02, 10:14 PM
the announcers pointed it out a few times

allright thats f---ing sweet
haha

twikoff
09-01-02, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Pac-Rat
Odd that you mention that...and there's a ranked team playing an unranked team on Monday night.
Hmmmm....

would love to see another upset tomorrow night ;)