Big Brother 3 - Part 3

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-02, 02:47 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Big Brother 3 - Part 3

Part 2: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=228567

Part 1: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...postid=2683251

Please remember to put spoiler tags on things that haven't been aired yet... thanks!
Old 08-31-02, 08:11 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a great episode. Even though the hgs made some good points at the end of the episode, Marcellas' speech was really entertaining. I hate that a lot of the hoh's don't give much of a speech after the nominations. Even though many times it's obvious why they chose their nominees, I think a lot of the hoh's don't give good enough explanations.

I hope Danielle and Jason don't make it to the ending, even though that's how it's looking. I don't want Danielle to win because she plays the game too hard and I don't find her likable at all. I don't want Jason in the final 2 because then I'll know who wins. Nobody can win against Jason. Sure reality have surprised me many, many times, but in addition to the type of person Jason is, the former hg's will also admire how well he played the game from what they see on the shows.

As for the others, I don't care either way about Lisa and I think Amy and Marcellas have been the most entertaining to me, but I'd kinda like to see Roddy win. I'm sure Roddy doesn't need the money, but he really seems like the best person on the show to me. It's not like this is charity; it's entertainment.
Old 08-31-02, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I like Jason, just because I think he has played the game pretty well.
It is all about strategy, and it appears to many he doesn't have one, but that is it, the smartest of all!

I agree about Danielle, I don't like her, the only thing I do like about her is the one ability to keep how strong her alliance with Jason is that big of a secret. That is smart.
But everything else about her I don't car for (especially the cry me a river routine about how she needs the money and "HAS" to make it to the end).

I also like Roddy and Lisa.
Don't care for Marci too much because he doesn't think enough about the game. He just NOMINATED his two ALLIES.
Amy WOULD NOT NOMINATE HIM. And although ofcourse Roddy could turn on the agreement they had in the hot tub, you know he'd go after Danielle first. And since you can't get HOH two weeks in a row, you can get him AFTER he gets Danielle.

Now LISA/JASON/DANIELLE have a GUARANTEE on the Final THREE if they want it and think it through:

VOTE RODDY this week off.
THEN everyone THROW HOH competition, and let AMY have it since Marci can't get it again, and let her get the revenge on him.
Then since AMY can't be it two weeks in a row you can remove her the following week.

Only makes sense to do it that way if they think it through.
If they do any different it shows alternate motives, example if Roddy saved this week, it just shows more than one of them are thinking of taking him to the end and eventually breaking the alliance with others.
Old 08-31-02, 08:50 PM

Just a great show,
Spoiler:
Kinda dumb for Marcellas to put up Amy and Roddy together, he should know that the hg's are gonna
vote to evict Roddy. He may be doing it to teach Amy a lesson but that messes up their alliance together. The way I think it'll go down, Roddy out this week, than Amy or Marcellas. Lisa Dani and Jason in the final 3.
Also does anyone know what happens when it gets to 3? I didnt watch the last 2 seasons so how does it work out?

Last edited by Marvdog; 08-31-02 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-31-02, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well season 1 was nothing like Season 2 and 3 since in Season one the audience picked who was voted out and who won the game. But last season when it came down to the final three, the houseguest who won HOH picked one of the other two as the one to be evicted that week.

Last edited by ChefWinduAZ; 08-31-02 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-31-02, 11:21 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I could be way off here, but I'm not sure if Amy would nominate Marcellas. I don't have the live feeds so I don't really know how Amy feels about Danielle and Jason, but she doesn't like Lisa, right?

One more thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post is that I think Roddy comes off kind of bad because of editing. It's so weird to keep hearing Dani call him the devil when I think she's the real devil in the house. Ever since Josh left she seems like the only person who has been trying really hard to manipulate everybody including Jason. Of course I don't have the live feeds so I could be way off.
Old 08-31-02, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by nny
I could be way off here, but I'm not sure if Amy would nominate Marcellas. I don't have the live feeds so I don't really know how Amy feels about Danielle and Jason, but she doesn't like Lisa, right?

One more thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post is that I think Roddy comes off kind of bad because of editing. It's so weird to keep hearing Dani call him the devil when I think she's the real devil in the house. Ever since Josh left she seems like the only person who has been trying really hard to manipulate everybody including Jason. Of course I don't have the live feeds so I could be way off.

Maybe I'm the only one that sees this, but Danielle refers to Roddy as "the devil" in a tongue-in-cheek manner. I believe that she means he has been "supernatural" in the way that he has charmed people and been able to stay around when, despite who has been playing the best, he has been noticed by the house as a threat for longer than anyone still remaining. I think Danielle has been far more complimentary in the DR than she has mean. Certainly nothing like the awful comment Marcellas made about Gerry being the ulgiest so he should have gone first. I think if the booted houseguests are watching closely that they'll see Danielle is just playing hard to win, not being me or rude like, say, Amy or Marcellas. The thing against Danielle is that, like Josh, she seems to be "on" all the time and that might make it hard for her later.

I think that was one of the best hours of "reality" tv I've ever seen. I didn't want it to end. The first BB was boring and the second was too mean and dramatic. There is no one in the house right now that I would be angry or tremendously let down if they won. They all have qualities, on tv, that I like. Just some more than others.

My top 3 are Jason, Danielle and Lisa. Danielle playing too hard is against her, Lisa has grown on me and I wonder what she'll do down the line because she has to know by know that Jason and Danielle are closer than her and Danielle, and Jason seems just darn perfect. I can't see him losing in the final 2. So does Danielle dare bring him to almost certain victory?

The bottom 3. #4 is Amy is just too much of a snobby alcoholic. But she can be charming and at least she's not acting. #5 Roddy seems like a pretty nice guy. He doesn't ever take a stand though and he is pretty much in love with himself. Still a nice guy all in all. #6 Marcellas is just too mean and judgmental. Again, though, like tonight, I really believe he was trying to be a good friend to Amy. And he was pretty much on the button, something no one else seemed to have the courage to say. But he didn't and shouldn't have done it like that. But that comment about Gerry, who I really didn't like, was horrible and (not that it matters and I'd actually be embarrassed if he was) if he was my dad or relative I'd come looking for Marcellas after the show was over with a baseball bat. Too many mean things makes him my least favorite houseguest. It's ironic too, since he thinks Amy plays so mean. Time for a reality check, Marcellas.

Damn good show. Makes me almost forget all the fall shows are just around the corner.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 08-31-02 at 11:46 PM.
Old 09-01-02, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The last I heard, the POV was won by
Spoiler:
Amy, who was practicing how to sidestep Roddy's verbal mind games and platitudes.
. It should be interesting, the other 3 need to be on their toes until Monday's POV meeting.
Old 09-01-02, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
As dolphinboy said, Marcellas was absolutely "on the button" about Amy. I think it took a lot of courage for Marcellas to do what he did, especially since he is going to take so much negatively for it from the present house guests, those who are out and the rest of America. While I thought what he did was honest and courageous (probably more courage than I would have), it probably takes away any chance he has of getting to the final three or two. Yet I think much can still be turned around.

Spoiler:
With Amy winning POV (thanks for the info, Patman), there is much opportunity. Marcellas and Amy can have a heart-to-heart and I think she can get some understanding of why he did what he did and perhaps this can all be a big step toward her maturing (which she can really use), at least for the rest of her stay in the house. I think Marcellas really does like her very much (I would rather not use the word love which is way overused in the house) and their friendship is not beyond repair. There could be a great reconciliation. I would think the three voters could assure her she will not be voted out as it seems to finally be time to get rid of Voldemort (and she has gained sympathy from this nomination). She obviously should not use the veto. If she were to use the veto, she would definitely be gone. Although she could very well be gone the next week if one of the three wins HOH (but it could be Marcellas who could go instead), if she were to win HOH, the entire game could be changed. She has a shot and should take it.
Old 09-01-02, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If anyone cares about BB2 (last summer), at Dragon Con (a big sci-fi/fantasy/TV/Film/etc convention held in Atlanta this weekend), I saw Nicole and her hubby Jeff just being part of the crowd. I was within a few feet of her, and even got off a couple of photos of her. She looks great, and seems pretty happy nowadays.

I'll try to post a photo in the next few days.

Last edited by Patman; 09-01-02 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-01-02, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it was smart for Marcellus to put up Amy, simply because AMy could have been a vote for Roddy to stay. Of course, Marcellus didn't want to say this at the nominations because they donlt want to tip off to Roddy that he's gone. I think Amy is just the decoy this week, but it was good of Marcellus to send that messageto Amy about her behavior. I don;t think what he said was that horrible.

Boy, what a baby was Roddy after the nominations! Saying that Marcellus didn't have a reason to nominate him, bah blah! Dude, he told you he doesn't trust you. Any heterosexual man that would even stoop to using his sexuality to manipulate a gay man is pretty damn dangerous.

I don't get all the people on here who hate Danielle so much and are rooting for Roddy. Roddy is MUCH more manipulative than Danielle. I mean, notice the editors never show Roddy talking in the diary room very much. Either he is not admitting to what he's doing, or the editors are just not showing it.

But it's obvious he will flirt with anyone, including Amy or Marcellus to get what he wants. Hence, that is why he is th most dangerous player int he game and needs to go.

I like Danielle a lot and think she's very smart. I don't think she has done an evil thing in the house. She has even altered how she plays the game for other's benefit (such as her relenting to Amy on the Chiara-Roddy vote.) She really should have dealt with Roddy first but gave in to Amy's insecurities on that one. Now it's just obvious, Amy wantred to get Chiara out of the way to flirt with Roddy.

I want Roddy and Amy gone, but I wouldn't mind if Damielle, Marc, or Lisa won it at this point.
Old 09-01-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Marcellus is an idiot and deserves to lose. Not only because he's a snob and a whiny bitch, but he knows that Danielle has been playing for the end game and will absolutely obliterate anyone except maybe Jason in the end game. He knows this, he said it himself and did he act on it....no!

Unless Roddy can get out of this weeks nomination and get next weeks HOH and boot Dani, Dani is in the final two, with either Lisa or Jason, I don't think she cares either way.
Old 09-01-02, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Jadzia
I think it was smart for Marcellus to put up Amy, simply because AMy could have been a vote for Roddy to stay. Of course, Marcellus didn't want to say this at the nominations because they donlt want to tip off to Roddy that he's gone. I think Amy is just the decoy this week, but it was good of Marcellus to send that messageto Amy about her behavior. I don;t think what he said was that horrible.

Boy, what a baby was Roddy after the nominations! Saying that Marcellus didn't have a reason to nominate him, bah blah! Dude, he told you he doesn't trust you. Any heterosexual man that would even stoop to using his sexuality to manipulate a gay man is pretty damn dangerous.

I don't get all the people on here who hate Danielle so much and are rooting for Roddy. Roddy is MUCH more manipulative than Danielle. I mean, notice the editors never show Roddy talking in the diary room very much. Either he is not admitting to what he's doing, or the editors are just not showing it.

But it's obvious he will flirt with anyone, including Amy or Marcellus to get what he wants. Hence, that is why he is th most dangerous player int he game and needs to go.

I like Danielle a lot and think she's very smart. I don't think she has done an evil thing in the house. She has even altered how she plays the game for other's benefit (such as her relenting to Amy on the Chiara-Roddy vote.) She really should have dealt with Roddy first but gave in to Amy's insecurities on that one. Now it's just obvious, Amy wantred to get Chiara out of the way to flirt with Roddy.

I want Roddy and Amy gone, but I wouldn't mind if Damielle, Marc, or Lisa won it at this point.
I have cooled somewhat on Danielle. Before I was outright rooting for her over everyone. Now it'd still be OK with if she won but also OK if Lisa or Marcellas won. Not too keen on Jason after his stupid HOH stint though.

I am close to 100% with you on everything you said.

Oh, and have I mentioned I hate Roddy?
Old 09-02-02, 04:11 PM

so did
Spoiler:
**Amy**
use POV?
Spoiler:
I can put money on it that she hasn't used it!
Old 09-02-02, 04:17 PM

Just had a quick look at the live feeds and it seems like
Spoiler:
they are going to vote to evict Amy with a vote of 2-1. Jason said he will vote for Roddy and has told Lisa and Dani to vote for Amy. But knowing Dani she would probably say shes voting for Amy but go the other way and vote for Roddy
Old 09-02-02, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by jhansla
Just had a quick look at the live feeds and it seems like
Spoiler:
they are going to vote to evict Amy with a vote of 2-1. Jason said he will vote for Roddy and has told Lisa and Dani to vote for Amy. But knowing Dani she would probably say shes voting for Amy but go the other way and vote for Roddy
If Danielle doesn't get him out now, she doesn't deserve to win. She may still make the final 2 or perhaps even win, but she's shown terrible judgment in the past getting in the way of better strategy. She and Jason are lucky to still be in as much control as they are. If Roddy stays again he has to make a full court press on Marcellas and Lisa and he is the only one manipulative enough to get it done. Roddy can pull in Marc with his charm and go after Lisa too. Lisa can be gotten to if Roddy can make the case that Danielle is going to keep Jason over her and he, Roddy, can promise he'll take her to the finals. It can be done. If Amy stays everyone can set their collective sights on just getting Amy next time no matter who has paired up or changed alliances. Why go for extra stress and drama now? Conserve it by getting Roddy and Amy in back to back weeks getting the others a spot in the final 4.
Old 09-03-02, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They get $750 a week for being in the house. Living in the house would be a significant bump UP in income for me, at least.
Is that after taxes or before?

It'd be a pay cut for me but heck i'd do it just to say on the live feed that Julie Chen sucks as host.
Old 09-03-02, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by dolphinboy
If Danielle doesn't get him out now, she doesn't deserve to win.
Have we not been saying this for a MONTH???
Roddy=TEFLON MAN
I want him to go, but obviously, these idiots do not...
mini
Old 09-03-02, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by minifigg
Have we not been saying this for a MONTH???
Roddy=TEFLON MAN
I want him to go, but obviously, these idiots do not...
mini
I haven't been saying it and when expressing MY opinion, that's all that matters.
Old 09-03-02, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You have to wonder if Amy will stay because D/L/J feel sorry for her because Marcellas just unloaded on her during the nomination meeting (Saturday's show). I heard Jason wants to give Roddy a sympathy vote, with D/L booting Roddy. But that could change in a frantic moment.

I do not like the signing that Danielle and Lisa do between each other. I wonder if Big Brother is going to disallow signing in future BB seasons.

If Roddy survives Thursday, he legend will grow to be Will-like.
Old 09-03-02, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I have no problem with the signing, because it doesn't offer them any real advantage. Unless they're signing in front of bonk heads, the third person will notice that they are signing (Amy was so into herself she didn't notice)

It's no different than hiding in a corner playing cards speaking low. It makes you instantly more suspicious if you're seen doing it.

That and Roddy knows it too, yet another tool in Roddy's toolbox.
Old 09-03-02, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's sort of unfair to the livefeed viewers, though. What's the point in mic-ing the houseguests 24/7 if the houseguests are going to sign all day long for the "important" strategy stuff? Then again, if it gets people to learn how to "sign", maybe it's a good thing after all.
Old 09-03-02, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think Marcellas's speech after nominating Amy was uncalled for. The nomination should have been enough. Why accuse her of not playing the game by his standards? She seems to be one of the few people that doesn't put on a face.

I think Lisa, Danielle, and Jason have to realize that the one person they would want with them in the end is Amy. Why? Because Amy will never win the jury vote.

I think Marcellas has all but garaunteed his nomination next week due in large part to him turning on his friend Amy. How can you trust a guy for votes if he burns what was supposed to be his best friend?
Old 09-03-02, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
How is it any diernt then whispering? I'm sure people on the live feeds sometimes talk so that you can't hear or understand them.
Old 09-03-02, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You still have a chance to hear the whispering. Anyhow, it just feels like something that will be outlawed, but I'm sure others will figure out ways to communicate without speaking, so no huge deal.

Marcellas is a nasty person deep inside with his self-righteousness.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.