Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

mixing multiple audio sources

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-02, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does any one know if it is possible to mix two different audio sources together within the receiver?

I have a HT 6.1 surround setup with an optical audio input from the dvd player. The wife would like to do some kareoke through my system sometimes (dvd kareoke discs). I have a mixer with a mic hooked to it. The only output from the mixer is a set of stereo RCA out jacks, which I don't know how to merge it with the currently running optical audio from the dvd player.

I could have had the dvd player audio running through the mixer using stereo RCA jacks, there it mixes with the mic, then output using stereo RCA out to the receiver. Everything would be fine, but then my dvd audio quality will only be that of the stereo RCA jacks, not the same DD quality that I should get using the optical connection.

I would like to retain the optical connection from the dvd player for surround DD/DTS purpose, and just merge the mic from the mixer using stereo RCA connnection some how. Is this possible?

Pls help. Thanks.
Old 08-31-02, 09:57 AM
Premium Member

This difference is minimal so your solition is the way to go.

Welcome!
Old 09-01-02, 05:04 AM

is there absolutely no other way to mix two different input sources within the receiver? (Onkyo Integra DTR7.2)