Mario Sunshine Review on Gamespot

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-26-02, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gamespot gave Mario an 8.0...

Here's the link: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...533287,00.html

This game is probably review proof but it sounds more and more like it doesn't quite live up to the lofty expectations that many have for it. Of course, I still plan to get it...
Old 08-26-02, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I think there's already a thread where they are posting links for every review on this game. I think this one has been posted there as well. Anyway - I don't believe reviews so much cuz they gave Metal Gear Solid 2 high scores across the board and I thought it was poo... same with Aggressive Inline.
Old 08-26-02, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
I think there's already a thread where they are posting links for every review on this game. I think this one has been posted there as well. Anyway - I don't believe reviews so much cuz they gave Metal Gear Solid 2 high scores across the board and I thought it was poo... same with Aggressive Inline.
The other thread is in regard to the IGN score. Nobody else had posted about the Gamespot review in that thread. I thought about posting it there but the unusually low score (and considering it's Gamespot, not IGN) convinced me to start it's own thread. If others disagree, I'll gladly delete this one.

As for MGS2, I would have to agree with you on that one. I wasn't real impressed with it as a game. As a movie, it was pretty to look at, if nothing else. Just not very interactive.
Old 08-26-02, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
That's only half of what annoyed me with MGS2... you had to watch this movie and by the end of it, the story got so stupid that the movie wasn't even any good. They should've had more gameplay and less jibber jabber. Wow - hijacked on second post - nice work (pats himself on the back)...
Old 08-26-02, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
That's only half of what annoyed me with MGS2... you had to watch this movie and by the end of it, the story got so stupid that the movie wasn't even any good. They should've had more gameplay and less jibber jabber. Wow - hijacked on second post - nice work (pats himself on the back)...
Hopefully, Splinter Cell will fulfill the promise that MGS2 failed to live up to. Maybe I should rename the thread.