Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Best Buy return policy

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Best Buy return policy

Old 08-25-02, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Buy return policy

a friend recently got a x-box system for me as a gift from best buy(he probably bought it sometime last week). he gave me the gift receipt for it. i opened it and have played it over the weekend. then today, sunday, i went in to best buy and saw that they have a deal this weekend where you buy an x-box and a dvd playback system and you get amped free and a $30 rebate for the dvd pack. my question is, do i have to pack up my x-box and return the whole thing or will they let me just use my receipt, add the dvd kit and get the rebate and amped? anyone else get an in-store deal post-purchase? can never get a rep on the phone and don't want to pack up the x-box unless i gotta.
Old 08-25-02, 10:15 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Try going down there with your receipt and asking them face to face. Talk to the CS rep and explain the situation. Hopefully, common sense will prevail because why would they want to go through the trouble of taking back your Xbox and then turning around and selling you another?
Old 08-25-02, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the problem might lie in the rebate....if it has to be purchased between a certain date, youll have to return it and repurchase
Old 08-26-02, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Although this will prolly be moved soon, most of the Sunday circulars sometimes state that an offer is not valid on prior purchases. You may have to box everything up, take it back and return it, then purchase the item again.

I know it sounds Suckekekekeke, but they have that option to impose that on you if they choose. My advice: just be reasonable with the people you talk to. Common courtesy can sometimes go a long way. You chances are greatly improved if you go when the service reps are not as busy, like during "lunch hours" or "prime time" hours. They normally have to follow the guidelines very strictly and give no leeway.

Good Luck!
Old 08-26-02, 12:42 AM

return policy

I work at a Best Buy and I am pretty sure that my CS people would not make you bring in the box. It goes down as a price match and not a reurn. The ad does not say that it is not valid on prior purchases so you should be fine. Just bring in the reciept and ask nicely.

Good Luck,
BBhtguy
Old 08-26-02, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I brought in the receipt from my GC when they ran the buy a GC get a free memory card deal a while back & they just did a return using the receipt and gave me the memory card. No hassles, no reboxing, etc.
Old 08-27-02, 12:50 AM

took it in. no probs, but had to bring in the receipt and box. paid $30 for dvd kit, got amped for free and will get $30 rebate in mail. cool.