Reload this Page >

Sunshine Bundle at Best Buy

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-25-02, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In today's ad it says "Sunshine Bundle: comes with controller, 2 DVD cases, 4mb card, and more" and it's 30 bucks.

Now that's not a bad deal at all, but I'm wondering what else comes in there. Also, are they just empty DVD cases? That's kind of pointless don't you think?

Oh yeah, the controller seemed to be yellow in the ad, just so you know. Looked pretty ugly.
Old 08-25-02, 09:08 AM

Received 763 Likes on 497 Posts
You can preorder at BestBuy... just search for "sunshine' and you'll find it. Here's the description below. The controller is a Pelican G3 Controller, so I'm guessing the memory card is too. (Note: $29.99 and free shipping at BestBuy.com...)

Gear up for fun and sun

This kit includes two transparent DVD holders that when joined together form a cube. Inside the cube is a limited edition yellow G3 Sunshine Controller and a yellow 4Mb Sunshine Memory Card.
Also included a black and yellow case to hold the controller, an extension cord, a disc holder, and a pair of sunglasses.

FEATURES

• Limited edition yellow G3 Sunshine controller
• Yellow 4Mb Sunshine memory card
• Two transparent DVD holders
• Controller case, extension cord, and disk holder
• One pair of sunglasses
The other BestBuy deal is that if you buy Mario Sunshine and a GameCube sysytem get a $25 GC buy mail.

Last edited by Goldberg74; 08-25-02 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-25-02, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts
that thing is crap, so stay away. you get what you pay for. the controller and memory card are pelican brand. definately not up to the quality standards of nintendo. you also get some cheap pair of sunglasses as well as these dvd holder thingy. every day i work i walk by there and think why the hell someone would buy it.
Old 08-25-02, 08:55 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The G3 Controller sucks. I got one at launch as a cheap controller for my fiance to use, but we both hated it and I ended up having to get another controller. It's not nearly as ergonomic as the Nintendo controller, and the analog stick isn't as responsive, making it very tough to play something like Super Monkey Ball that requires precise control.

Plus, I'd never use a third party memory card. They are unreliable, and nothing sucks worse than losing your game saves.