Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

whats up with amazon these days?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 08-25-02, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pre-ordered both the sopranos season3 and return of the living dead from amazon on separate orders back in july. now that the release date is approaching, they show estimated ship date of aug, 27th. whats up with that? didnt they used to ship so that you would receive it on release date? or am I back in the queue somewhere towards the end?

looks like I will receive these around the middle of september.....

oh well, at least I saved a few bucks.
Old 08-25-02, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
For me its always said that it would ship the day after it got released. I found that odd at first but then noticed that they shipped it on or a day before release day.
Old 08-25-02, 08:20 AM

Amazon doesn't seem to ship until just before or right on the release date now. At least, that's been my personal experience over the last few pre-orders. Even books aren't shipped out early.
Old 08-25-02, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Occasionally Amazon has shipped the Saturday before it was released, but generally all of my preorders have been sent the day after release date. I don't think I've ever had an order sent that was planned to reach me on the release date.
Old 08-25-02, 09:37 PM

My pulp fiction is due to ship tommorrow.......and the sopranos I think my ship late too.......oh well, it's no big deal.....but I think the delays have something to do with free shipping.
Old 08-26-02, 02:19 PM

I have to agree with you all. Amazon has gone down when it comes to shipping DVDs. I ordered a Lord of the Rings (Widescreen) in May and I recently learned that this edition is not yet released by the publisher. It's been about three weeks since it's release and nothing yet. I had to switch to the Fullscreen version which they state that it will shipped within 24 hrs but its been about two days. Some of me previous orders have had delays up to two to four days. If it wasn't the fact that they had some of the best deals in DVDs, I would simply cancel my orders.
Old 08-26-02, 03:20 PM

Well, I haven't been ordering many dvds from Amazon lately although I do have Sopranos Season 3 on preorder, I have been ordering other things like toys and have noticed that there has been a delay in shipping items that are "available for shipping in 24 hours" from a few days to a week or longer. I think that the free shipping probably has something to do with the delays.