Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Let's Roll!

hypeiv
08-23-02, 03:21 AM
What do you all think about FSU using "let's roll"

edit: if you don't know what I am talking about

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/kr/20020807/lo_krcharlotte/fsu_motto_cheapens_9_11_heroics

hypeiv
08-23-02, 04:31 AM
wow 1 of each so far...

Goat3001
08-23-02, 04:59 AM
Its wrong but I can understand where he's coming from. He doesn't want his team to forget the attack but it does also cheapen the phrase. But all in all, I couldn't care less. :)

twikoff
08-23-02, 07:43 AM
i dont much care for it
but i consider anything that fsu does to be in poor taste, so maybe Im biased ;)

Iron Chef
08-23-02, 08:24 AM
FSU can bite me.

BigDave
08-23-02, 08:35 AM
Who are the ad wizards that came up with this one? ;)

Actually, I think it kind of diminishes what the term was set out to mean. That is unless Bowden and his Seminoles are going to fight terrorism.

Bushdog
08-23-02, 09:22 AM
I think the phrase is idiotic and it heaps praise onto one deserving person more than the many others who also deserved it on that plane.

That said, better left unused given the cultural significance. Questionable.

Three Day Delay
08-23-02, 09:24 AM
Not a good idea.

IdgIe49
08-23-02, 11:09 AM
I sure wish my memory didnt suck so bad. Anyway, the FSU coach was on ESPN a long time ago talking about this. ESPN had one of the ESPN dudes also talking to a guy who, like 7 of you, didn't agree with the phrase either. It was pretty heated.

I voted for "I really dont care."

Y2K Falcon
08-23-02, 11:39 AM
I think Coach Bowden crossed the line when he said that if FSU does not win the National Championship this year, then the terrorists have won.

hypeiv
08-23-02, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
I think Coach Bowden crossed the line when he said that if FSU does not win the National Championship this year, then the terrorists have won.

jeez... i didn't hear about that.

BoatDrinks
08-23-02, 01:43 PM
:lol:

I think it's pretty lame on his part. I have always loved BB, and understand that he's trying to motivate kids, mostly uneducated kids, but... to think that anything in football could ever come close to the bravery and sacrifice of those men... lame.

If FSU was playing Afghanistan Tech or something, then it might make more sense.

twikoff
08-23-02, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by BoatDrinks

If FSU was playing Afghanistan Tech or something, then it might make more sense.

that wont ever happen
doesnt afghan tech play in the WAC?

;)

BoatDrinks
08-23-02, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by twikoff

doesnt afghan tech play in the WAC?

The Western Afghanny Conference

Heh... Boatdrinks is a writer and that's the best he can come up with? Surely someone can come up with something funnier than that.

Y2K Falcon
08-23-02, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by BoatDrinks

The Western Afghanny Conference

Heh... Boatdrinks is a writer and that's the best he can come up with? Surely someone can come up with something funnier than that.
Women Always Covered???

btw... If anyone didn't realize I made up that Bowden quote above, I apologize. :(

broadwayblue
08-23-02, 02:23 PM
why do people make it sound like Todd Beamer was the only person to ever use that phrase? no disrespect to him or any of the others who died but give me a freakin break. i'm still laughing from when his wife was trying to trademark the phrase.

Bushdog
08-23-02, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by broadwayblue
why do people make it sound like Todd Beamer was the only person to ever use that phrase? no disrespect to him or any of the others who died but give me a freakin break. i'm still laughing from when his wife was trying to trademark the phrase. He may have been a god, but I'm no fan of his wife milking this out.

BoatDrinks
08-23-02, 02:33 PM
I could be wrong, but I think the person attempting the trademark was the mother of one of the guy's, not Beamer's wife. But I could be wrong.

That being said, IMHO, more power to any of these family members who are trying to get some of the money being made off their husbands/sons actions. These guys did something most likely none of us would've done, despite what you might tell people or yourself, and the country (singers, writers, Madison Ave, etc) have been the ones milking it ever since.

If I was one of those guys, I would sure as hell want my wife and kids to get everything they could, considering that not only were they suddenly without a husband and kids without a dad, but because I was the one who earned the money in the family.

immortal_zeus
08-23-02, 04:27 PM
Stop bashing the WAC! :mad:http://www.ukobservers.net/cwm/contrib/ruinkai/lightingzapA.gif

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/rome.gif

Jeremy517
08-23-02, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by broadwayblue
why do people make it sound like Todd Beamer was the only person to ever use that phrase? no disrespect to him or any of the others who died but give me a freakin break. i'm still laughing from when his wife was trying to trademark the phrase.

He obviously isn't the only person to have used that phrase, however Bowden has said that it is indeed where they got the phrase from.

hypeiv
08-24-02, 06:44 PM

Women Always Covered???

btw... If anyone didn't realize I made up that Bowden quote above, I apologize. :(

ahh... fooled me... well I am glad I didn't go out and tell people he said that.