DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : wrestling announcing, real or scripeted

Rypro 525
08-21-02, 10:23 PM
i have been always wondered about the announcers. do they know who wins in advanced or is all of the stuff they say made up on the spot. plus who was your favorite team or who had the best chemestry together. i always liked jim ross and jerry the king lawler together. they are the first team that i have seen that agrees on certin subjects and they dont spend half the matches arguing with each other.

off topic but related to wrestling. i remember alot around 1999 or 2000, ric flair appeard to have a heart attack or a stroke in the ring. im not sure if it was real or not and if it was real, why the hell is he still wrestling? thanks for the help.

Goat3001
08-21-02, 11:34 PM
I remember watching one of those Wrestling revealed crap and they said that the announcers didn't know the outcome, this would keep them surprised so the commentating would seen more real. But then again I don't know how they do this since Jim Ross is or used to be a booker.

I'm guessing the second was part of the story.

The Cow
08-21-02, 11:53 PM
My favorites were always Gorilla and Bobby Heenan :up:

AXP 103
08-22-02, 12:29 AM
The WWF informs the announcers who will win, but I'm not sure if they tell them how.

The WCW did keep the winner from the announcer for the genuine reaction. This could be a problem though if the announcers began hyping a storyline in the match with no payoff in the end.

Jericho
08-22-02, 12:45 AM
I think the announcers pretty much know what's happening, They'd have to in order to get the right "pushes" going. Most of what they say is ad-libbed though. I mean they don't have a script, but I know that sometimes they are told specific things beyond the promos and such.

As for Ric Flair, that whole heart attack thing was fake

Y2K Falcon
08-22-02, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Jericho
As for Ric Flair, that whole heart attack thing was fake
That being said, I still don't know why he's still wrestling!

Rypro 525
08-22-02, 12:21 PM
fake or not, he REALLY sold it.

dancinns
08-22-02, 12:46 PM
Heenan and Monsoon were great but to be different I'm going with Tony Schiavone and Steve McMichael ;)

devilshalo
08-22-02, 01:27 PM
Lawler has always stated he never wants to know what's scripted/going to happen so he can genuinely react surprised.

take that for what it's worth you, humanoid.

Da Thrilla
08-23-02, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by The Cow

"Would you stop!" :lol:

R.I.P. Gorilla :(

MJKTool
08-23-02, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by The Cow

Word :up:

I always loved Gorilla's face expression after Heenan would say something "out there" :lol: