Reload this Page >

$10 BestBuy GC pre-order Mortal Kombat

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

$10 BestBuy GC pre-order Mortal Kombat

Old 08-21-02, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$10 BestBuy GiftCert. pre-order Mortal Kombat - all systems

If you Pre-Order Mortal Kombat for any system online at BestBuy.com, you get a $10 digital gift certificate

Not sure how the game is taking shape....just thought i would lend a bargain

Last edited by DJ_Longfellow; 08-21-02 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-22-02, 02:32 AM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can either get a $10 giftcard and a crappy game or you can save your $50 and your time... I think I'll choose the latter.
Old 08-22-02, 09:30 AM

How do you know it's a crappy game? You've played it? Oh, wait, no. While it has been awhile since the MK series was in it's glory days, early previews of the game, from people that have actually played it mind you, have been quite positive.

I think you should reserve your judgement until you've actually played a game.
Old 08-22-02, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by PinwiZ
How do you know it's a crappy game? You've played it? Oh, wait, no. While it has been awhile since the MK series was in it's glory days, early previews of the game, from people that have actually played it mind you, have been quite positive.

I think you should reserve your judgement until you've actually played a game.
That was my thoughts exactly

I just hope they do this deal with more games like they do with DVDs
Old 08-22-02, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by IIG
You can either get a $10 giftcard and a crappy game or you can save your $50 and your time... I think I'll choose the latter.

The original poster made no claims about the game, and said he was specifically passing on the bargain. Nice way to encourage people not to post bargains.

DJ_Longfellow, Thanks for the initial post. It is appreciated.
Old 08-24-02, 05:50 PM

I played it at E3 on the PS2... it was fun. They actually added some stuff to the game, and I'm excited about it.
Old 08-25-02, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I also played it at E3 - it looked cool.
Old 08-25-02, 04:13 AM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay, sorry... Didn't mean to thread crap. Now personally, I know that this game will be horrible, but to each their own I guess. I do appreciate DJ_Longfellow or anyone else that passes bargains and deals down to the boards...
Old 08-25-02, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by IIG
Okay, sorry... Didn't mean to thread crap. Now personally, I know that this game will be horrible, but to each their own I guess. I do appreciate DJ_Longfellow or anyone else that passes bargains and deals down to the boards...
Once again - have you played it? No... so you personally know nothing. You can have an opinion on something you haven't played - but it would have to be something like "I have no interest in Mortal Kombat games" - you can't say "This game will be horrible" because you have never played it had you have no idea whether or not it will be horrible. If you have played the game, that means you were at E3 which means your taste in games is whack, cuz the game I played looked pretty phat.
Old 08-25-02, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

did I just say "phat" and "whack"? What's wrong with me?
Old 08-25-02, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, it's spelled "wack." What were you thinking?
Old 08-25-02, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
Once again - have you played it? No... so you personally know nothing. You can have an opinion on something you haven't played - but it would have to be something like "I have no interest in Mortal Kombat games" - you can't say "This game will be horrible" because you have never played it had you have no idea whether or not it will be horrible. If you have played the game, that means you were at E3 which means your taste in games is whack, cuz the game I played looked pretty phat.
Why even keep it going. He apologized for the comment. You start off on solid ground, by asking how he has formed an opinion on a non released game, but then you say that no matter what his opinion is based on that it is "whack" because he does not agree with you.
Old 08-25-02, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
IIG - your thread crapping is NOT welcome here. You can keep those "Now personally, I know that this game will be horrible, but to each their own I guess" comments to yourself, especially on a bargain thread.

Trigger - just because some users use bad judgment in posting does NOT give you the right to attack them (e.g. "your taste in games is whack"). Please refrain from such remarks.

namja
Moderator, DVD Talk Forums