Reload this Page >

Street Hoopz for Xbox?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Street Hoopz for Xbox?

Old 08-18-02, 06:33 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Street Hoopz for Xbox?

Was just wondering anybody got Street Hoopz for Xbox it is the first game that supports 720p, I haven't gotten yet, but heard it is better than NBA Street.
Old 08-18-02, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 486 Likes on 285 Posts
I haven't played NBA Street, but my friend purchased Street Hoops for XBox, and I have spent almost 10 hours on it so far. After playing NBA2k2 frequently it takes a bit of getting used to. It's just a very different game to me. Graphic wise the animations are really good for the ball handling and for the dunks. Multiplayer is fun as you have many ways to set up a game. However I noticed one annoying graphical thing. When me and 3 of my friends were playing 2 on 2 half court this goddamn guy would just like creep onto the court and pop and lock in the MIDDLE of the court. Now you can go through him, so he's not an obstacle, but he really annoyed me and my friends. However he did not show up in our full court games.
Let me tell you something though, this game is HARD against the computer. We started off on the medium setting, and it is like the computer is 95% from the field. They are ROUGH on defense, and you definitely have to work on yer stealing game. Sometimes it gets a little confusing because the action is pretty fast, but I had a pretty good amount of fun with it. When it was me and 2 friends we tried our hands on the mode to unlock stuff, and you REALLY have to work together, and run the ball up the court as FAST as possible looking for open guys, and you HAVE to cut to get open. It adds some strategy that I liked, and one good thing I give it over 2K2 is NO FLOATY SLOW RELEASE PASSES.
Ok I wrote way too much, but I'll say this. RENT FIRST. It might not be your type of game. I liked playing it with my friends, but solo I might get frustrated. So pick it up but keep playing until you get the hang of it. Maybe then you'll find you really like the game, but I would disagree with a blind purchase.
Alright I hope that helped.
Old 08-18-02, 02:12 PM
Shawn

Thanks for the impressions, I'll probably rent it. I really like that you can bet on your team and then buy gear with your winnings!
Old 08-18-02, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didnt like the demo.
Old 08-18-02, 06:07 PM
Shawn

Originally posted by boobietheclown
I didnt like the demo.
Was that on a OXM disc or somewhere else?
Old 08-18-02, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Shawn

Was that on a OXM disc or somewhere else?
Yes it was on issue 9 I believe. I didn't like it either. Its just not my kind of game.
Old 08-19-02, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It is one of the only non-racing games that I know of that supports music ripped to the hard drive.
Old 08-19-02, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by kurupt
It is one of the only non-racing games that I know of that supports music ripped to the hard drive.
The extreme sports games like Tony Hawk and Dave Mirra support ripped music as well. I agree that more games should support it.
Old 08-23-02, 01:48 PM

I didn't like the demo either, it came with Hunter Reckoning (which I din't care for either) and crazy taxi (which was fun). Street Hoopz seemed a little slow compared to streetz, I loved EABigs' streetz, and this game just didn't seem like it could handle the comp on 1on1. Am I missing something?