Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

What is the best videogame or videogame review quote?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-17-02, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After watching an episode of Extended Play tonight, I have heard one of the best quotes regarding a game ever. The reviewer was talking about the Gravity Games on PS2.

"That is not a game trick, that is the game sucking."

Has anyone heard or read any other good ones?
Old 08-18-02, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've read a lot in various mags over the years, but the one that sticks out in my head right now is actually from this very forum. Whomever started the thread "Mark of Krap" actually got a laugh out of me.

Not that I agree with the thread.
Old 08-18-02, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: What is the best videogame or videogame review quote?

Originally posted by innocentfreak

"That is not a game trick, that is the game sucking."
Extended Play bores the heck out of my wife but even she thought that quote was great. And very fitting as well. That was one crappy, half a$$ed game.

I really wish they would expand that show a bit more. The host is great but doesn't really do much. I'd like to see him testing out games and talking more with people. When they "interview" someone they just stick the cam in the person's face and let them talk. It's a good show and could be tweaked to be great IMHO.
Old 08-18-02, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: What is the best videogame or videogame review quote?

Originally posted by MasterofDVD

Extended Play bores the heck out of my wife but even she thought that quote was great. And very fitting as well. That was one crappy, half a$$ed game.

I really wish they would expand that show a bit more. The host is great but doesn't really do much. I'd like to see him testing out games and talking more with people. When they "interview" someone they just stick the cam in the person's face and let them talk. It's a good show and could be tweaked to be great IMHO.
Extended Play is one of my favorite shows. It really needs to be EXTENDED (get it? hehe) to an hour in length though. You can't cover enough gaming information once a week for 30 minutes. Adam Sessler does a great job hosting it, and yeah I loved that quote about that craptastic bike game too .
Old 09-01-02, 11:32 PM

my favorite one was game informer talking about "kabuki warriors" for the xbox. it was something to this effect -

"this game was so terrible that i beat it by beating the conrtoller against my ass.

my ass - 1, the game - 0"

i laughed for a good 5 minutes
Old 09-02-02, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts
Originally posted by aprilsnow
my favorite one was game informer talking about "kabuki warriors" for the xbox. it was something to this effect -

"this game was so terrible that i beat it by beating the conrtoller against my ass.

my ass - 1, the game - 0"

i laughed for a good 5 minutes

EGM had a good one when Bruce Lee came out for Xbox recently. They gave it a score of like 2.5 and they said the best thing about the game was the cover art.
Old 09-02-02, 06:31 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

This is easy:

'Halo 2' is a lot like 'Halo', only it's 'Halo' on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas," explained Jason Jones, the head of Bungie Studios, "and the ninjas are all on fire, too."
Old 09-02-02, 07:07 AM

It wasn't a quote but I LMAO when Adam Sessler was making fun of the loooong clips in between gameplay in the game Metal Gear Solid2. In between playing he would be eating a bowl of cereal, taking a nap and so forth.

The best thing about it was, it was so true.