Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

What is twin laser pick-up&bnr reduction

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-02, 02:28 PM
jetjaguar69

I planning to upgrade my old dvd player. I've noticed features on the new models like bnr reduction twin laser pick-up and cimema sound. Are these features worth the buy?

Thanks,

jg
Old 08-16-02, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twin laser - Never heard of this. You sure it's not dual lens or twin focus. If it is it means the focus is changed between CDs and DVDs.

BNR - Could be anything...in the old days it was Beta Noise Reduction on professional beta machines. Could just be a marketing term now specific to that model.

Cinema Sound - could be anything...would have to know the brand. Possible it is an enhancement to the surround sound to make it more lively.
Old 08-16-02, 03:30 PM
jetjaguar69

Originally posted by palebluedot
Twin laser - Never heard of this. You sure it's not dual lens or twin focus. If it is it means the focus is changed between CDs and DVDs.

BNR - Could be anything...in the old days it was Beta Noise Reduction on professional beta machines. Could just be a marketing term now specific to that model.

Cinema Sound - could be anything...would have to know the brand. Possible it is an enhancement to the surround sound to make it more lively.
The model I was looking that has these features is the Sony NC615b disc changer. I guess it's Sony thing. I went to sony.com
and check out the list of features on this player. I would'nt be surprise if those features are just a marketing ploy.

jg
Old 08-16-02, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have "cinema sound" on my Sony. I don't use it, but it has to do with attempting to recreate a surround sound environment with only 2 speakers.
Isn't twin laser pickup a fancy way of saying it can read CD-Rs?