Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : if the MLB players strike...

Llama
08-16-02, 01:28 PM
I hold Yankees/ Red Sox tickets on Labor day (irony?), September 2 at the Stadium. If the players strike on August 31 and there isn't a quick resolution, will my ticket money be refunded? Someone here must have went through this in '94.

DVDHO
08-17-02, 10:26 PM
You will be refunded and in the future dont by anymore baseball tickets instead spend that money somewhere else where they deserve your money.

twikoff
08-17-02, 10:30 PM
ah, but what if the owners managed to put together a group of replacement players and keep the games going?
i dont see it happening by the 2nd.. but hypothetical

do they still refund

Jackskeleton
08-17-02, 10:42 PM
I'm sure you can get a refund.

McHawkson
08-17-02, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by DVDHO
You will be refunded and in the future dont by anymore baseball tickets instead spend that money somewhere else where they deserve your money.

:hscratch:

Soup Nazi
08-18-02, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by McHawkson
:hscratch:

He's saying phuck MLB. It's the same philosophy that I've adapted. The mere fact that these jackasses cannot fix whatever is wrong behind closed-doors, and need to inject this venom into our system for the 9th time in 3 decades ... enough is enough.

McHawkson
08-18-02, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Soup Nazi

He's saying phuck MLB. It's the same philosophy that I've adapted. The mere fact that these jackasses cannot fix whatever is wrong behind closed-doors, and need to inject this venom into our system for the 9th time in 3 decades ... enough is enough.

Yeah, I understood him, but one word was misspelled.

"You will be refunded and in the future dont by anymore baseball tickets instead spend that money somewhere else where they deserve your money."

Bushdog
08-18-02, 12:05 PM
Interestingly, popularity in baseball is at or about its highest point post '94. I was looking at highly reliable data, month by month. I think some people have already boycotted them, but very few. If they strike now they lose people, but they can still walk away from it all unscathed.

I have tix to that game, too, btw. We'll definitely get $ back if they don't play.

twikoff
08-18-02, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Bushdog
Interestingly, popularity in baseball is at or about its highest point post '94. I was looking at highly reliable data, month by month. I think some people have already boycotted them, but very few. If they strike now they lose people, but they can still walk away from it all unscathed.

I have tix to that game, too, btw. We'll definitely get $ back if they don't play.

thats kindof what i figured (the stats).

do you know if they refund if they use replacement players? since technically they are holding up their side

Bushdog
08-18-02, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by twikoff

thats kindof what i figured (the stats).

do you know if they refund if they use replacement players? since technically they are holding up their side Yeah, I was kind of impressed by them, given the media hype on steriods, disparity of competition, etc. . . Apparently it is all hype.

Actually, that's not been decided. Legally they can force people to accept those as full games. It'd piss people (me) off.

twikoff
08-18-02, 12:34 PM
so..
if the players strike..
and they decide to use replacement players

how many of you are going to show up at try outs? ;)

POWERBOMB
08-18-02, 10:41 PM
Send me a money order or personal check (in the amount you spent and would have spent at the game) and I will mail you a VHS copy of any baseball game of your choice played on my Gamecube. :D

mautos
08-19-02, 12:52 AM
Basewhat??? I have two words for you people...Hockey...football...forget baseball. Slamball is here! HAHA

atlantamoi
08-19-02, 05:22 AM
I was a huge Braves fan pre-'94. The strike that summer soured me so badly I still don't care about baseball. I just hear about the score the next day on the radio now. Even with the great season the Braves are having I just don't care that much. And with football starting, all the more to ignore.