Reload this Page >

Devil May Cry Greatest Hits???

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-16-02, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 486 Likes on 285 Posts

I remember reading a rumor that this was going onto the greatest hits for 20 bucks list soon. I recently bought a PS2, and I want to get this game, but I know as soon as I buy it that it will be cheaper later. Does anyone have a date if this is true, when it will be priced at 20 dollars?
Old 08-16-02, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 183 Likes on 158 Posts
This game will definitely become a GH and dropped to $20. But I don't think a date has been set yet. But I think it would happen at least 4-6 weeks before Devil May Cry 2 comes out.

PAL
Old 08-16-02, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd definately wait until it becomes a GH...otherwise you'll be quite upset you spent 40-50 bucks on a such a crappy game >
Old 08-16-02, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dgmayor
I'd definately wait until it becomes a GH...otherwise you'll be quite upset you spent 40-50 bucks on a such a crappy game ><
Despite what he says a lot of people really like this game. It's pretty hard at first but if you put in a little effort it's a great game.

Anyway, according to another thread (search for "greatest hits") ebgames had devil may cry GH boxart on their site for a few days. It should be out soon... GH games need to be out for at least nine months and reach a certain sales quota. I know the sales have been reached and I'm pretty sure the time limit is coming up soon (I think I remember getting DMC in November last year).
Old 08-16-02, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by dgmayor
I'd definately wait until it becomes a GH...otherwise you'll be quite upset you spent 40-50 bucks on a such a crappy game ><
Different strokes for different folks. I loved the game and wrote a review of how much I loved the game.

It reminded me a LOT of the type of game we used to see when we played Contra (unlimited ammo, fun) with some tough bosses that took a while to figure out.
Old 08-16-02, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wasn't my intention to thread crap. Just stated my opinion of the game, and reinforced his desire to wait until it was a GH game.

I'm just a bit passionate about this game I guess because I read so many wonderful reviews on it and then when I played it I thought it was absolutely horrible. Entire game took me about 6 hours. Probably would have been less but after every mission i took a 10-15 minute breather because I was going numb sitting there.

I found the game nothing but mindless repetition with zero storyline. Every single level was the same: find doorway or place for item, find item, place item in hole, end level/fight boss.

If you liked this game, more power to ya.

Hell, spainlinx..email me ([email protected]) with your address and I'll send you my copy. It was played once (start to finish, but loaded and in drive once).
Old 08-16-02, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anyword on Final Fantasy X and MGS2 Greatest Hits? I'm sure that these two will be GH eventually, but I don't really know where they announce information like this.
Old 08-16-02, 11:05 PM
Cool New Member

I received the August catalog from Electronics Boutique yesterday. Page 13 of this catalog shows Devil May Cry as a Greatest Hits title. So, it should show up at other stores for $19.99 shortly.
Old 08-17-02, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the offer, but I just like buying a new game. I like getting frustrated unwrapping that godawful plastic. I never was into buying used games, no matter how little they have been used. Everyone else thanks for the information.
Old 08-17-02, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not selling it to you...I'll give it to you If unwrapping the plastic means that much I'll bring it to my buddy at EB and have him re-wrap it for ya
Old 08-17-02, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Devil may cry is already a greatest hit title. They haven't released the new box art yet, but it's $20 brand new at Gamestop, at least it was last week. And in the computer it had a GH next to it.
So is NBA Street.

Last edited by tenaciousdave; 08-18-02 at 01:57 AM.
Old 08-17-02, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For free? Lol I'll take that. But if you have GCN, and don't have Rogue Leader you can have that in exchange, because I didn't like that.
Old 08-17-02, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Don't have a Cube yet...hasn't been anything released that's been worth buying the system for IMO. I'll probably pick one up when Zelda or Metroid show up.