Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Ever have video game dreams?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-15-02, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone else experienced the repetitve video game dream/nightmare phenomenon? A couple days ago I was playing Advance Wars for a few hours in the evening, then took a break and was back at it for an hour or more right before I went to sleep. I then proceeded to have a terrible night's sleep. I tossed and turned and dreamt over and over again about Advance Wars. Everytime I woke up and went back to sleep it would start all over again. I got really annoying and I slept like crap.

Needless to say, I haven't played Advance Wars in a couple days now. This has happened before when I've had marathon game sessions with Tetris, Street Fighter and others.

Anyone else ever have this happen?
Old 08-15-02, 11:26 AM

I know exactly what you're talking about. I had a similar experience with Jet Grind Radio Future a few months back. I kept dreaming about the game with the songs repeating over and over. I kept waking up and didn't feel rested at all by morning. I wonder why some games stick with you like that and yet others don't?
Old 08-15-02, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I did have a video game dream once. I was in a Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones type game. I don't remember much of it, but I do remember that it was geme-centered.
Old 08-15-02, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the Tetris "falling blocks" making me insane about 11 years ago, whenever I would close my eyes when trying to fall asleep. Maddening.
Old 08-15-02, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i had this dream i was hanging out with eddie murphy a few days ago, it was cool
Old 08-15-02, 12:55 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Last night I dreamt I was a priest trying to retrieve an ancient document from the vaults of the Vatican. Suddenly, I was in the middle of Pitfall, jumping around, swinging on vines, etc!
Old 08-15-02, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I dreamt that I was playing a version of Deadly Towers that didn't suck.
Old 08-15-02, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes...too bad it was Pokemon.
Old 08-16-02, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

C&C Red Alert and Ultima Online. I loved those games with a passion.
Old 08-16-02, 03:08 AM

back when I was at school and played warcraft 2 over the lan a lot, I had a dream I was that hand with the pointed finger telling everyone what to do. it was pretty wild just floating in the air and making boxes around people.

I gave my roomate a nightmare once. we played a bunch of quake 3 and he couldn't defeat me. so in his dream he would just respawn, walk a bit, then see me killing him. pretty messed up. I got a kick out of it. how many times do you get to give someone nightmares like that.
Old 08-16-02, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've had the Tetris "falling bricks" as well.

Although not quite a dream, I used to think I saw an alien jump in my bedroom doorway at night after playing many hours of Alien vs. Predator on my Atari Jaguar in the dark.
Old 08-16-02, 11:56 AM

It's weird you should bring this up. I've been playing Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee on my new (used) XBOX this week and last night / this morning I was dreaming the whole time and bits and pieces from the game were intermixed with my dreams. I don't remember that happening in the past 7 years, when I used to play alot of computer strategy games.

One difference though is that in the last 3 months I have been hiking above the hills in Glendale, CA on Thursday nights and when I go to sleep that night, I have a very restless sleep with alot of weird dreams. I'm pretty wired from the hike I guess. I love any dreams that I have, because I rarely have nightmares and my dreams are always alot more interesting than my real life. This is an interesting topic!

Chris
Old 08-16-02, 12:21 PM

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Another Tetris dream
Old 08-16-02, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

tetris here too!~ i can't believe i thought i was the only one.

now are we talking about dreams, imagining sequences while awake or both? cuz i'm definitely guilty on both
Old 08-17-02, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
Last night I dreamt I was a priest trying to retrieve an ancient document from the vaults of the Vatican. Suddenly, I was in the middle of Pitfall, jumping around, swinging on vines, etc!
that was funny South Park wasnt it?

I once played Resident Evil 2 almost all night, and when I went to sleep I dreamt about the scenarios I just finished. Then in the mornign I finished the game.
Old 08-17-02, 05:08 PM

This always happens to me if I play video games for a few hours then go right to bed. It is like my mind gets caught in an endless loop of game scenarios ....
Old 08-17-02, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I usually dream about being in the latest FPS and running around with weapons that never work !

Chris