Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Try Sega Beach Spiker Volleyball.

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-15-02, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give it a try! I bought it today on a whim and love it.

Full 480p WS support for us HD owners and the graphics are the best seen yet on the Cube!

All bikinis all the time!
Old 08-15-02, 07:02 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

Yeah I just so on Tech tv the new Gamcube will be silver(which comes out in Nov.), which will match my new 48" Jvc widescreen tv I am getting later this month, so I will be getting this game for sure. Especially since it is widescreen and 480p
Old 08-15-02, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Too bad the only source for Component Cables is straight from nintendo
Old 08-15-02, 03:22 PM

Not anymore!!!
I just read on ign yesterday that Monster Cables is producing Gamecube cables, and they're due on the shelves any day now....
Old 08-15-02, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by dfriedland
Not anymore!!!
I just read on ign yesterday that Monster Cables is producing Gamecube cables, and they're due on the shelves any day now....
That's great. The one company who would actually charge more than Nintendo for a cable decides to make one.
Old 08-15-02, 04:20 PM

Not anymore!!!
Unfortunatly, they are making S-Video cables only.
In the IGN ad, they state that there is no plan for Monster to make component cables.

It sucks... but I bit the bullet and ordered the Nintendo cable. It does make a HELL of a difference!
Old 08-15-02, 08:15 PM

How much was it?
There's a s-video cable listed on samgoody.com for $9.99
Old 08-16-02, 08:46 AM
Cat

I played the demo of Beach Spikers and it was pretty cool. A lot like Sega Tennis, meaning that there isn't a lot of skill needed to play. Move to the right spot and press the button and you hit the ball. I have played volleyball for 18 years so I will buy this because it is my favorite sport, but I will probably wait until it hits PS2 since I just read that it will later this year.

Cat
Old 08-19-02, 03:00 PM
Cat

I went ahead and bought Beach Spikers this weekend and it is really fun! It is one of the best games I have played where you can play 2-players on the same team and actually have fun. My girlfriend and I played it for a couple of hours on Saturday and the matches get pretty tough. Definitely worth a purchase!

Cat
Old 08-21-02, 09:46 AM

Re: Try Sega Beach Spiker Volleyball.

Originally posted by Ginsu
Give it a try! I bought it today on a whim and love it.

Full 480p WS support for us HD owners and the graphics are the best seen yet on the Cube!

All bikinis all the time!
How do you do this? I have a WS HD tv, and bought the component cables awhile ago I thought.. Is there S-video ones too? If so maybe I bought those... hmm they were like 10-15 bucks I believe.. It says to just push and hold the B button, but I can never get it to do anyting. Any advice. Thoughts?

I would also like to say this game is so much fun, and addicting, I just want to keep playing to make raise my partners skills. 1 Question, what is the highest team work level you have? I must always pick the wrong thing to say at breaks, because I'm hovering around 35% constantly. haha
Old 08-21-02, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,844 Likes on 1,221 Posts
Re: Re: Try Sega Beach Spiker Volleyball.

Originally posted by jeagley
How do you do this? I have a WS HD tv, and bought the component cables awhile ago I thought.. Is there S-video ones too? If so maybe I bought those...
It should be extremely easy to tell the difference. S-video is a single plug, and component video has three. Nintendo's component video cables, as far as I'm aware, are only available through their website, so if you didn't order your cables online, it's more than likely S-Video. (There are presumably third party component video cables for the GCN, but I admittedly haven't read up on this.)

S-video can't pass a progressive signal, so if you're not seeing 480p on a 480p capable television, that's a likely culprit.
Old 08-21-02, 10:29 AM

Re: Re: Re: Try Sega Beach Spiker Volleyball.

Originally posted by ctyner
It should be extremely easy to tell the difference. S-video is a single plug, and component video has three. Nintendo's component video cables, as far as I'm aware, are only available through their website, so if you didn't order your cables online, it's more than likely S-Video. (There are presumably third party component video cables for the GCN, but I admittedly haven't read up on this.)

S-video can't pass a progressive signal, so if you're not seeing 480p on a 480p capable television, that's a likely culprit.
Ahh.. Yes, then I have the S video I believe. Wonder why I bought that one. Ha! It was only like 10-15 bucks at SamGoody I believe. I'm putting my order in today from Nintendo. Thanks...
Old 08-21-02, 11:56 AM
Cat

Re: Re: Try Sega Beach Spiker Volleyball.

1 Question, what is the highest team work level you have? I must always pick the wrong thing to say at breaks, because I'm hovering around 35% constantly. haha
I started out with 77% and it just increased from there. I have been averaging a 100% for the past few games, but now my partners skills are maxed out and she gets mad if I encourage her. I have to praise her all the time.
Most teams seem to be pretty easy to beat once you get the skill level up, but I had one heck of a time with Brazil. They beat me twice before I finally beat them in the last round of the Nissan tournament. I actually crushed England 15-1!

Cat
Old 08-21-02, 02:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Try Sega Beach Spiker Volleyball.

Originally posted by Cat

I started out with 77% and it just increased from there. I have been averaging a 100% for the past few games, but now my partners skills are maxed out and she gets mad if I encourage her. I have to praise her all the time.
Most teams seem to be pretty easy to beat once you get the skill level up, but I had one heck of a time with Brazil. They beat me twice before I finally beat them in the last round of the Nissan tournament. I actually crushed England 15-1!

Cat
D@M 70%, my team started at 40% somehow. I'm on stage 5 or 6, I guess tourny I really mean, and have been getting in top 4 most the time, even with the bad teamwork thing. I always praise her, and she hates me. Sounds like my gf.. ha
Old 08-22-02, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

any tips on how to get a powerful spike, position to block a spike, and well setup for your teammate?
Old 08-22-02, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This game is a lot of fun. Nice job Sega.
Old 08-22-02, 11:49 AM
Cat

Originally posted by the_dude8
any tips on how to get a powerful spike, position to block a spike, and well setup for your teammate?
In the World Circuit mode your teammate starts out as a total loser. You have to lose a few times and collect teamwork points to give her different attributes. I found that increasing her Serve, Response and Blocking skills were the best ones. I just beat the Sega tournament round, the final one, and lost to Brazil in the title game. I've only beaten them one time and it is so annoying!! I started over again and I am now ranked number 1 and my partners skills are all maxed out. I'm hoping to just crush everybody this time!

Cat
Old 08-22-02, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks cat for the tips.
Old 08-23-02, 09:31 AM

Originally posted by Cat

I started over again and I am now ranked number 1 and my partners skills are all maxed out. I'm hoping to just crush everybody this time!

Cat

I just finished playing through my first run of World League too. There is no way to continue with your old team right, and redo another season? I couldn't find it, so created another team. Any info is appreciated if you know a way to.
Old 08-23-02, 01:03 PM
Cat

I just finished playing through my first run of World League too. There is no way to continue with your old team right, and redo another season? I couldn't find it, so created another team. Any info is appreciated if you know a way to.
All I did was pick World and it automatically loaded my team from the previous tournament. I chose continue instead of new game and I started out on the first tournament again and was ranked number 1 this time and my partner was maxed out at 20 points in each category. I still lost to Brazil in the final game though! Those girls are tough!

Cat
Old 08-23-02, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by Cat

All I did was pick World and it automatically loaded my team from the previous tournament. I chose continue instead of new game and I started out on the first tournament again and was ranked number 1 this time and my partner was maxed out at 20 points in each category. I still lost to Brazil in the final game though! Those girls are tough!

Cat
Great! Who would have thought to simply do that.. Man I"m dumb somtimes. Thanks much.. I hear you on Brazil, I haven't beaten them yet, only time I was very close I was up 14-10, and they still came back and beat me.
Old 08-30-02, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A bump for a great, fun game.

I just started playing this game and I am having so much fun. I got long rallies and amazing blocks. I am still figuring out the timing for the spike.
Old 09-06-02, 08:20 AM

I'm thinking about getting the component video cable too.
Do other games support widescreen/progressive scan or is it just beach spikers?

Thanx
Old 09-06-02, 09:40 AM

Originally posted by dani-wan
I'm thinking about getting the component video cable too.
Do other games support widescreen/progressive scan or is it just beach spikers?

Thanx
I picked up Monkey Ball 2, and it also has progressive, and widescreen as well as letterbox modes .
Old 09-06-02, 12:19 PM

I was waiting for someone else to answer since I was too lazy last night, but here goes:

Aggressive Inline
Animal Crossing
Beach Spikers
Burnout
Cel Damage
Eternal Darkness
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee
Home Run King
Luigi's Mansion
Madden 2002
Madden 2003
NCAA Football 2003
NFL 2K3
Pikmin
Sega Soccer Slam
Smugglers Run: War Zone
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Star Wars: Rogue Leader
StarFox Adventures
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Monkey Ball 2
Super Smash Brothers: Melee
Wave Race: Blue Storm

All these support progressive scan. Basically you can expect any Nintendo game to feature it, but only a few third party publishers are doing it. Taken from IGN Boards. Please don't kill me, IGN.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.