Timesplitters 2 Bad Info

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-02, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Timesplitters 2 Bad Info

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...877303,00.html

TimeSplitters 2 goes offline

Eidos cuts the online multiplayer feature from its first-person shooter.

Eidos has issued a statement revealing that the PlayStation 2 version of TimeSplitters 2, the only version of the game that had previously been confirmed to support online play, will no longer support that particular feature. "We had always hoped to include an Internet online component in the PlayStation 2 version of TimeSplitters 2," said an Eidos representative. "However the infrastructure is not yet in place that will enable us to incorporate an online element and still make the game's proposed release date. We certainly don't want to delay the release of one of the year's most anticipated games and as a result disappoint the many fans who are eagerly awaiting the game."
Despite TimeSplitter 2's lack of online multiplayer support the game is still slated to feature iLink and LAN multiplayer support. Players will be able to link up to six consoles via the PlayStation 2 iLink, which will support up to 16 players. PS2 owners who pick up the network adapter this month will be able to link up to eight consoles for a total of 16 players in a game.

As far as the GameCube and Xbox versions of the game are concerned, neither version of the game will feature online multiplayer modes. The GameCube version will support up to four players in split screen multiplayer. The Xbox version will support the system link accessory and allow up to eight consoles to be linked together.

All three versions of TimeSplitters 2 are currently slated to ship on September 24.
-----------------------

I guess this makes my decision easier now, I'll just pick it up for Xbox now. But the weird part of the article, and maybe it's a typo is it says it allows 8 Xboxes to be hooked together. Is that possible? I know Halo only allowed four. Is that the limit, or just the way Halo was designed?
Old 08-14-02, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go Eidos! Making sure to release on time even if it means an unfinished product!
Old 08-14-02, 09:13 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by DVD Lamer
Go Eidos! Making sure to release on time even if it means an unfinished product!
They should make that their corporate motto.
Old 08-14-02, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

People bitch when games are delayed and they bitch when they're released on-time but unfinished. What a world.
Old 08-14-02, 01:32 PM

Kellehair, people just like to bitch. But I am going to miss the on-line play, it adds a lot to games.
Old 08-14-02, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cant say it matters. Did anyone enjoy the demo of this game? Someone here said it best "Its like a fps for people who have never played and fps"...

Anyways I will be saving my $$$ for either Dead to Rights or MOH.
Old 08-14-02, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I enjoyed the demo alot. I was torn between the PS2 version and the cube version(although I'm not sure if I'm actually gonna go online with my PS2 anymore) but this seals it. I'm getting TS 2 for the cube as it's the more powerful system and frankly I prefer it's controller for FPS games.