Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Switchouse

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-02, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Switchouse

Does anyone know why Switchouse is no more? I really miss it.
Old 08-10-02, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Considering I got ripped off three times while using Switchouse, I don't miss it. Too many crooks used it and Swithouse did nothing to help you when you were ripped off.
Old 08-10-02, 05:00 PM
Suspended

I always checked the other guy's feedback before making a deal with them.. If they had enough positives from real swappers, I would go through with it.

Switchouse was a great site.
Old 08-10-02, 06:38 PM

Don't know why they went under but I miss 'em too. Had about a dozen swaps on there. Sold about 1/2 dozen more. One went bad when some scumbag stiffed me out of two OO7 vhs movies. After about 6 weeks, Swithchouse made good & sent me an amazon GC for my tapes. CKane's right, if the feedback was good then usually the swap was also.

Here's to you Switchouse, R.I.P.
Old 08-10-02, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by CitizenKaneRBud
I always checked the other guy's feedback before making a deal with them.. If they had enough positives from real swappers, I would go through with it.

Only problem with that was the ease of faking feedback. By setting up several other accounts you could easily fake your feedback. I learned the hard way and I got burned on 3 out of 10 deals all that happened about the same time. By the time I knew what to look out for it was too late and I was ripped off for about $100 worth of video games. Switchhouse was absolutely no help at all. It took them weeks to research the bad traders and by that time they had ripped off several other people.

Good Riddance to Switchhouse.
Old 08-10-02, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by CitizenKaneRBud

Only problem with that was the ease of faking feedback. By setting up several other accounts you could easily fake your feedback. I learned the hard way and I got burned on 3 out of 10 deals all that happened about the same time. By the time I knew what to look out for it was too late and I was ripped off for about $100 worth of video games. Switchhouse was absolutely no help at all. It took them weeks to research the bad traders and by that time they had ripped off several other people. When they finally refunded the money for the bad trades the values they decided for the games was far less than half the real value.

Good Riddance to Switchhouse.
Old 08-11-02, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I used it for the first few months it was available. It was okay until it got mainstream, then too many problems occured and I just let it go. Funny thing was that there was not a way to cancel my account there. I just took everything out of my lists. Then after a few months I got a "please com back or risk being deleted" email from them.

Truth is, I didn't notice they were gone.
Old 08-12-02, 03:12 PM

Re: Switchouse

Originally posted by MrBlonde123
Does anyone know why Switchouse is no more?
Because they didn't make any money?

I remember hearing a radio interview with their CEO back in the dotcom glory days. Switchhouse didn't make any money from exchange transactions, but only from sales transactions. They hoped people would shift from exchanging things on the site to actually selling things on the site, but few users ever did. Hence, they're dead.