Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Super Monkey Ball 2

Old 08-09-02, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super Monkey Ball 2

I'm just wondering when the date of release for this one changed. I could have sworn just a few days ago that it was being released Sept 13...but I went to EB yesterday and they said "It'll be out the same day as Mario Sunshine".

When did this happen?
Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Also noteworthy is that Gamestop just moved into the mall here, and it's just 1 store down from EB. I don't know how two video game shops are gonna compete when they're right next to each other and have the SAME prices on everything.
Old 08-09-02, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's my experience that EB jacks up the price a few bucks when there's no competition. You should now be able to get games from them at MSRP. Don't expect a sale or anything though.
Old 08-09-02, 01:43 PM
zig

Yeah I notice the release date shifted also.. But I don't remember when. Anyway I think I'll have to wait on that.. too many other GC games to buy in the next 2 months.
Old 08-09-02, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You're gonna wait on Super Monkeyball 2? Monkeyball 1 was hella sweet...I played it twice as much as any of my other games.

The new one should be played even more than that since it has all kinds of new modes, and what looks like a better single player mode this time.

I'm more excited about this than Super Mario...but I've pre-ordered both.